1. #1

    Prayer of Healing: Help!

    So, it has been a few months since I've had my priest at level 85. I've mostly raided 10 mans so this issue has never come up. But I queued for the LFR 25 man the other day and I was told to keep spamming PoH on different groups? I wasn't sure what that meant.

    Doesn't PoH only heal the party you are in or am I missing something out here?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    It heals members of that party.
    Say everyone in group 5 is taking damage. Cast it on a member from group 5, and if they're all in a decent proximity of whom you cast it on, they'll be healed

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    It heals members of that party.
    Say everyone in group 5 is taking damage. Cast it on a member from group 5, and if they're all in a decent proximity of whom you cast it on, they'll be healed
    OMG I honestly never knew that. I thought it only referred to your party. And I've played my Disc for a few months now. But how do I know if everyone from part 5 is close to each other or since it is 30 yards it kinda helps?

  4. #4
    you dont, thats kinda the thing. if you target a person who is over 30yds away from the rest of the part,y then only that person will be healed, even if he is surrounded by other people (but from different groups)

    in that way, CoH (holy talent) is good, as its a smart AoE heal

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJD View Post
    OMG I honestly never knew that. I thought it only referred to your party. And I've played my Disc for a few months now. But how do I know if everyone from part 5 is close to each other or since it is 30 yards it kinda helps?
    If you use grid or any basic raid frame, the target frame should go transparent when they go out of range. I would only cast PoH if more than 3 people in a group are taking damage.

    *Hint* Life grip people to you that are out of range to hit them with PoH

  6. #6
    Prayer of Healing has a 35 yard radius. 35 yards from the person you're targetting.

    That's a 70 yard diameter, or 220 square yard area. Generally, the people have to be way the heck in BFE (also BFNW) to not be hit by it. It's a lot more feasible than people give credit, once you start to actually use it.

    But this wasn't a change from a couple months ago, this change happened in Ulduar. Were you not paying attention?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Prayer of Healing has a 35 yard radius. 35 yards from the person you're targetting.

    That's a 70 yard diameter, or 220 square yard area. Generally, the people have to be way the heck in BFE (also BFNW) to not be hit by it. It's a lot more feasible than people give credit, once you start to actually use it.

    But this wasn't a change from a couple months ago, this change happened in Ulduar. Were you not paying attention?
    He said - "And I've played my Disc for a few months now."

    Probably a new Character.

    But yes PoH is our best spam-able healing spell. Most people in DS right now will be with in the healing range (or even stacked).
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

  8. #8
    Just ouf of curiosity,
    If it is indeed a new character, what gave him the idea that PoH only heals your own party?
    I concede that at one stage back in early WoTLK PoH does indeed heal your own party only, but a disc priest that has only been playing a few months should NOT know that, unless someone who hasnt played priest since Naxx recently gave him some inaccurate information. I actually think he was playing his priest in WoTLK and quit before ulduar came out.

    POH should usually hit all targets if they are casted on the melee group. Even ranged groups are generally less than 35 yards apart from each other. Although there are a few fights in this expansion where positioning is that far apart (Al'Akir, Ragnaros, Majordomo, Alysrazor) and in these cases it's better to organize the groups so that people who stand in the same general area should be confined to one group. But in LFR the damage is not intensive so this still shouldnt cause that big of an issue.

  9. #9
    I raided my priest for the first time in cata.

    First time I pugged BH20, I got really frustrated with the raidleader for putting me in a group with 3 people. Honestly. I thought exactly the same thing: PoH heals my party, right? Before you ever raid you wouldn't necessarily realize PoH is targetable.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Pyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bonheiden, Belgium
    Posts
    381
    If you're using grid, download this grid module Grid Status Heal Trace, it lets you see who you just healed by an aoe heal (counts for all aoe heals; PoH, Divine Hymn, CoH, and those from the other classes aswell)

    Another tip: Ask the Raidleader or an assistant, to sort the groups out so, for exmample, the ppl that are standing mostly on the left, are in one group. That way your PoH will benefit the most from your spended mana for PoH.

    Awesomely made by Caiti.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •