Deleted

Affliction hastecap.

Let's see if I can explain this in proper English.

I've been stacking haste as much as possible and I've now reached a point of 3250 haste+1% cause of beeing a Goblin. And now when I'm siming my char I've all of a sudden started to scale alot more from crit. 1.2 scaled from haste and around 1.8 from Crit. Simed the char around 20times and got kinda the same resultat.

I've always thougth that Crit was a rng based stat and that pushing out as much haste as I possible can would be better since dots tic faster even tho I don't gain a tic.

So shall I remove some haste instead and put some crit in it? Since all my mastery goes to hit.

Will this benefit my Warlock? I still don't like the thougth of Crit beeing so much RNG. So shall I trust the sims? Its not like its super major dps increase it seems like, but still a bit curious.

strangely enough mine did the same im on 3364 haste + goblin 1%

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 7th (extra) UA/Immo tick for a Goblin comes at 2437 if you're fully raid buffed (DI + 5% haste). If you want 9 ticks during BL you can reforge to 2527.

Your scale factors show that if you reforge 813 (3250-2437) haste points you have into crit, it will be a 487.8 DPS gain, which is worth it IMO. Although crit is RNG based, if you're running simcraft at 50K iterations this is way above a sample size that would be statistically relevant, so the scale factors are reliable.

If you reforge under 2437 and resim your character, you'll notice your scale factors should change dramatically and haste would be the top secondary stat again.

Deleted
    But I remember siming in Firelands and having around 2900 haste. And I still scaled best from haste.

Did they change something in 4.3 due to crit beeing so good now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyllastus View Post
    The 7th (extra) UA/Immo tick for a Goblin comes at 2437 if you're fully raid buffed (DI + 5% haste). If you want 9 ticks during BL you can reforge to 2527.

Your scale factors show that if you reforge 813 (3250-2437) haste points you have into crit, it will be a 487.8 DPS gain, which is worth it IMO. Although crit is RNG based, if you're running simcraft at 50K iterations this is way above a sample size that would be statistically relevant, so the scale factors are reliable.

If you reforge under 2437 and resim your character, you'll notice your scale factors should change dramatically and haste would be the top secondary stat again.
    This is just a problem with how scale factors are calculated in simcraft, if you just reforge one piece from haste to crit and resim you'll see a dps loss. What simcraft is saying is that you would get more dps at the point by adding 300 crit instead of 300 haste. However it doesn't really matter because you will not go over that haste amount ever unless you are using gear that is sub-optimal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    This is just a problem with how scale factors are calculated in simcraft, if you just reforge one piece from haste to crit and resim you'll see a dps loss. What simcraft is saying is that you would get more dps at the point by adding 300 crit instead of 300 haste. However it doesn't really matter because you will not go over that haste amount ever unless you are using gear that is sub-optimal.
    So I shall still stack haste? Didn't understand the reply!

Sim your gear and use the plotting options. Stat priorities are subject to change based on current gear levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaata View Post
    So I shall still stack haste? Didn't understand the reply!
    If you are upgrading your gear correctly you won't get more haste then you currently have. Only way you would get any more haste then that is if you use the valor haste trinket, which I believe sims lower then basically everything you would have. So what I was saying if you get above the ~3200 haste mark you are probally sacrificing stats you shouldn't be like int and hit.

Deleted
    Ye I got a new trinket today aswell removing the Valor trinket. so now I'm back to a quite decent amount of haste. 2700. That seems to have put my sims back inplace aswell!