Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well.. for starters, those are games by different studios within BioWare. Then consider that ME2 was extremely successful, and DA2 was still a success (and still a good game) in spite of its failings - failings caused by a rushed production cycle, which this game has hardly had. Your argument seems misaimed to me. The beta was more polished than most release MMOs I've played.

All-in-all, your comment's a wild tangent that's not really relevant to the discussion.

Deleted
    They have one planned already, wonder why you're doubting about enough Subs though - it's too early to tell, even though most beta feedback has been very positive, but even if most mmo gamers shy away from it in the end, you'd still have legions of Star Wars fans playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Threadbare View Post
    And also sorry, but Yoda's race? Whatever it's called, who wouldn't want to play one of those?
    i agree with you but from what i understand of the lore there's only 2 left but the game is set 3000 years before there were only 2 so maybe they could work it in

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    Will the game even have an expansion ?... i for one doubt it, looking what bioweare has done with DA2 and ME2 i highly doubt they will have enough subs for long enough for EA to give them the money for a real expansion.
    *Looks at Mass Effect 2* So I'm looking at how Bioware made one of the greatest games of all time. You're point is?
    Reign In Power: WoW | SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Nino View Post
    i agree with you but from what i understand of the lore there's only 2 left but the game is set 3000 years before there were only 2 so maybe they could work it in
    Never heard of that.

Given that Lucas refuses to let Yoda's race even have a name, and attempts to flesh out the race have been stricken as non-canonical, that's not likely to happen, at least while he's alive.

Deleted
    Will the game even have an expansion ?... i for one doubt it, looking what bioweare has done with DA2 and ME2 i highly doubt they will have enough subs for long enough for EA to give them the money for a real expansion.
    That depends entirely on the subscription numbers. If there's a healthy user base there will be expansions, there's no question about it. MMOs are entirely different animals than true single player RPGs like DA2 and ME2. Both of which are going to get sequels anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 2: Critically acclaimed everywhere in the world. Sold 2 million copies the first week. Yes, such a failure.
    Dragon Age 2: While not loved by critics, it still has sold immensely.

Looking at BioWare's track record...Damn I doubt them so much!!

I truly hope you were not being serious and just thought to yourself that "hey, it's Saturday, let's give the TOR forums some lovin'!"
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

What have they done with those games?

ME2 was amazing, and is having the finale of the trilogy in March.
    DA2 was a recreation of the series to give it a baseline character (Hawke) to mimic that of ME (Shepard). That way your character actually has a voice. Did I like DA2? No. But it was because I compared it to DA1. On it's own, from a different perspective, it is the ground work for a great series which I'm anxious for and I'm not alone there.

I fail to see how "what they have done to DA2/ME2" has anything to do with the success of swtor and it bringing out an expansion.

Also, Daniel Erickson recently stated in an IGN interview that they had an expansion already planned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    Never heard of that.

Given that Lucas refuses to let Yoda's race even have a name, and attempts to flesh out the race have been stricken as non-canonical, that's not likely to happen, at least while he's alive.
    Kill Lucas, should have been done years ago IMO. He has made some awesome characters though, and we owe Star Wars to him so can't hate too much.

But Yoda's race does intrigue me, I think it would be awesome to have a Yoda race Sith somewhere in the canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    Never heard of that.

yes i know it hasnt been given a name but i have read in some book somewhere there is a female version of yoda ill research it tho

Deleted
    yes i know it hasnt been given a name but i have read in some book somewhere there is a female version of yoda ill research it tho
    Was in the films, Yadda or Yaddel or something.

Kill Lucas, should have been done years ago IMO. He has made some awesome characters though, and we owe Star Wars to him so can't hate too much.

But Yoda's race does intrigue me, I think it would be awesome to have a Yoda race Sith somewhere in the canon.
    I love the mood whiplash in your comment...

Yeah, there was Yaddle. She's much younger than Yoda, but I don't think it's ever said they're actually the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Never got why you need to always add abilities, it unbalance the game every time, Same thing can be said about adding classes.

<-- Great i am a murloc.. Seriously?
    They make the game fresher. And if the xpack adds levels (if), not giving abilities will make them feel bad and empty.

And you're afraid of murlocs, spam the forums less

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Mass Effect 2: Critically acclaimed everywhere in the world. Sold 2 million copies the first week. Yes, such a failure.
    Dragon Age 2: While not loved by critics, it still has sold immensely.

Looking at BioWare's track record...Damn I doubt them so much!!

I truly hope you were not being serious and just thought to yourself that "hey, it's Saturday, let's give the TOR forums some lovin'!"
    Mass Effect 2 was indeed a top notch game, Dragon Age 2 however only sold early in the start due to the prequel and how loved it was, sadly DA2 did not deliver except to the really in depth fans, it was a major letdown to a huge ammount of people, lots of people did not even bother to complete the game due to the repetative nature of it, rehashed dungeons and such.

That aside though, you cant compare them to MMO's, they are not the same type of games, yeah they are all "rpg" games but the majority of the MMO's live and die by their end game while most single player rpg's do not, they are about the journey to the end and then you start over and try a different experience or go for another game.

About the expansion I am not so sure, SWTOR is gonna sell big in the first couple weeks but if that is gonna be enough for them to release a expansion remains to be seen, most likely they have planned for one, if they havent it's a very bad sign but I hardly believe that, if it's gonna be released as planned though, we'll see.

If the game starts going down after the 2+ month mark like every mmo will and depending on how big the population and income is after a good 6+ months, I believe we could see an announcement of it, either they will go with a cheaper path and "split" it up into DLC's you can buy to the game and just smaller content thingies, a full fledged expansion could be a long way away, if you look at lots of other new mmo's and how they've handled their planned expansions, only really AoC have released a "real" one, and it didnt turn out that well, other games have just turned them into patches and such, like aion/war.

Just my personal speculations.

10+ Year Old Account
    If an awful MMO like conan got an expansion, a good game like SWTOR likely will, they said they're already working on it as well.

Personally, I hope BW doesn't get into the "MORE LEVELS" approach with the expansions. Instead of constantly hitting the reset button on the end game, I'd rather they just expand on what we have.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cool thing about the SW universe is there is just so much they can do.

I would like to see:
    BF2 type space wars...including boarding the other ships to destroy/defend/take over resources. Imagine being on a troop carrier with a bunch of your buddies and having to fly through embattled space with the hopes of getting to the other carrier just to get off and fight your way to a node. PvP in space would be awesome.

Level cap expansions (like how Rift does it with no raise in level cap, but more lore and more questing that is far harder than the 1-50 quests...something that almost demands being grouped the whole time). Add a few new worlds or bring in ones that are already in the lore but haven't been expanded on yet.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2011-12-10 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in the films, Yadda or Yaddel or something.
    YESS!!! im lookin for it still tho for more info

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 09:03 PM ----------

what films are you referring to? i cant even find it on wookipedia i may be looking in the wrong places tho
    Last edited by Nino; 2011-12-11 at 12:40 AM.

Yaddel appeared in Phantom Menace...But was mentioned / seen in comics and such. As for a new classes and the like...Biowares original plan was to have 16 classes. Those boiled down to the 8 classes, with the specializations being treated as classes on their own. As for expansions...the Star Wars universe is massive, lots of planets, lots of room for growth. Bioware is going to have an easier time coming up with future content.

10+ Year Old Account
    YESS!!! im lookin for it still tho for more info

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 09:03 PM ----------

what films are you referring to? i cant even find it on wookipedia i may be looking in the wrong places tho

Theirs a 3rd one in ToR as well. Master Oteg is his name. Only 3 of them exist in the entire star wars unvierse if im not mistaken.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoda%27s_species