Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

i thought bosses couldn't crit

on my blood dk murozond hit me for 160,566 (critical)

nearly 1 shotted me.

whyyyyy

10+ Year Old Account
    NPC SPELLS cannot crit, melee attacks and abillities still can.

Shadey, I had this happen on my blood DK earlier on Ultraxion. I learned after that what the reason might be: if you die and are ressed, sometimes your blood presence doesn't properly activate automatically. You need to switch presences to get it to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    NPC SPELLS cannot crit, melee attacks and abillities still can.
    tank classes get talents that reduce their chance to be crit by the same chance that NPC mobs have the chance to crit.

@op, sometimes since 4.3 theres been a bug with blood presence, try swapping out to frost or unholy and back into blood, the trash on Yorshaj was critting the crap out of em in LFR, had to swap talent specs and back completely to get it to work right.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    tanks use to be able to become crit immune though with another def. rating or something

can't remember was a while ago.

dks have been buggy since the patch getting crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Defense Rating has been gone for way over a year.
    As the others have said, if you have the correct talents, then either you are not in blood presence or it is bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by shadey81 View Post
    tanks use to be able to become crit immune though with another def. rating or something

can't remember was a while ago.
    USe to be called "Def-cap" once they stacked enough defense rating to negate the mobs'/bosses' crit chance. Now that effec is tied into their talents and whatever tanking stance/pressence/form/buff they use rather than their gear.

On topic, I'd imagine it's either a bug like other posters suggest or the boss has a higher chance to crit than normal? One of those options.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    well I did die before murozond, I guess that would explain the bug, pretty annoying, wil have to remember in future to swap

It's a bug, we had a similar issue earlier with a blood dk alt.