Ret Paladin or Frost Mage?

I'm having a bit of a conundrum while choosing which of my toons i want to play exclusively for pvp. Really the only thing keeping me playing my mage is the amount of achievements i have earned on him, including the insane title. I'm pretty much bored with playing him but i'm a bit turned off by how ret paladin CDs are able to be dispelled so easily. Do you guys think ret will be better in 5.0? Also are there any REALLY good ret paladins i could check out on armory. Thanks.

These threads aren't allowed.

Mages are generally stronger but ret is okay, depends on your play style.

Frost mage definitely. Ret paladins are basically in the place as they have been since cata release. Same old rng dependent class with cd's that are easily dispellable. And because wing dmg doesn't allow hammers to crit anymore, they're actually less of a threat then b4. Mages have been all around powerful and provide great control, dmg, and utility to any comp. They are also more satisfying to play.

Play a fire mage for pvp, so much fun.

Thats like saying: What should I buy? A 1972 Chevette or a brand new H3?

Play what you enjoy the most, or play both.

Deleted
    This is like wondering whether to bring a musket or a machine gun to a battle. Huge gulf in performance.

Deleted
    Mage - much more fun!

Considering this is a PvP forum, i don't understand why you have to ask a question like that here... It could not be more obvious.

Deleted
    i played ret in 4.1 and i came to this conclusion : Its fun aslong as you dont face anyone who can dispell your stuff. i played with a mage and we just went full tunnelvision in 2vs2 and took down any healer in less than 5 seconds :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinator View Post
    Frost mage definitely. Ret paladins are basically in the place as they have been since cata release. Same old rng dependent class with cd's that are easily dispellable. And because wing dmg doesn't allow hammers to crit anymore, they're actually less of a threat then b4. Mages have been all around powerful and provide great control, dmg, and utility to any comp. They are also more satisfying to play.
    This ^ so so much.

The only times ret has ever really been good compared to other melee dps specs (excluding enhancement shaman which are roughly in the same position) was because of massive designer screw up which was hot fixed within a week. Frost mages on the other hand have always been very strong without the many problems like kiting, offensive dispels & weakness to CC chains that ret has.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Best ret in the world is Vanguards. Currently at a 1900s rating in 5v5.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uards/advanced

Note, that COULD be his alt. Idk. I know he has multiple ret pallies that are Gladiators.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinator View Post
    Ret paladins are basically in the place as they have been since cata release.
    Highly, highly disagree with this. Retribution was worse when Cata was released. Much worse.