Light Sided Sith Inquisitor

So I saw the new progression trailer for the SI and something occurred to me. I hadn't planned on rolling an SI soon but I figured when I would I'd be a light sided twi'lek that would give the most frustrating answers to the people in the story, essentially being an ass to the Empire. What concerns me is I looks like a lot of the stuff the SI does for moves and story seems dark sided oriented. I did not get to play SI in beta but I'm curious for this class's storyline would such an attempt seem sort of strange and out of place? I'm not a RP'er but I do find myself getting involved emotionally more with my characters because of the story driven model.

Side choice only determines your character's appearance (via gear and corruption level) and lightsabre colour.

It won't effect the game too much I mean.

No no its more along the lines of "I just got 100 light side points for choosing not to kill someone," then in the next part of my journey I'm off to imbue some artifact with dark side energies. Just contradictory story stuff like that or are you able to go with a general light sided or dark sided flow overall?

hey friend, if you like me wanted to do this purely for the sake of playing a good slave forced into becoming a sith, you can do that. theres plenty of little / big decisions atleast uptill level 15 (the level i got my inquis too) that lets you act almost normal, friendly and caring.

you'd have to find out how to deal with the dark situations because you cant change the fact that your a dark apprentice, how you go about doing your business is up to you. Wether it is killing puppies, or rounding them up and handing them out to family's.

it doesnt matter if the quest was to get rid of them.

I managed to get a light sided female sith pureblood inquisitor up to level 21 or 22 during the Thanksgiving beta weekend. I'm not one for RPing, but SWTOR may get me to try an RP server. I decided the reason my pureblood was a slave was because she was too nice (breaking the sith pureblood stereotype). During her years in slavery, she learned to be more sith-like to the proper people but still retained a kind heart. So my inquisitor was snarky to quest givers, etc just to give me some affection points with Khem Val, and then when it came to killing people I just let them walk. One guy on Balmorra I really wanted to fry, though. He was a real jerk to me so I should've just let him rot ... or let Khem Val eat him.

Khem Val is a pain to get affection with if you go light side. I kept hovering between 300-500 affection with him. I typically lost 1 affection going light side and gained 15-30 if I gave snarky responses to some questions, but one light side option lost me like 50 affection points with him. Don't recall what quest it was but it was on Balmorra. I can see I'll be buying a lot of gifts for him.

For the most part, getting light side points or dark side doesn't affect much outside of appearance and your gear choices. I did notice that if I saved someone rather than killed them, I'd get a letter later from them thanking me and giving me like 100-200 credits. So nifty bonus. I didn't go dark sided to see if they got anything like that. I did do one quest dark sided when I grouped with someone and I just picked the dark side answer. I got no extra reward in the mail afterward. So going light sided may be good for the bonus credits. I never saw any mention of the bonus credits before I saw that myself so it was a pleasant surprise.

Generally the quests that are like "Imbue the object with dark side energy" will have a dark/light choice attached because of the nature of the objective.