Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock in my raid needs assistance

Long story short, I have this warlock in my raid "Cufadas" that is not pulling the numbers he should. Generally he is Demo on most fights and I'm rather concerned as to why on Ultraxion he is only pulling 24k. He does stand in melee range for the fight and I believe, with his gear, he should be pulling a tad more then 24k on a patchwerk fight. I am also concerned for the other fights listed there (aside from morchok, he was on crystal duty for that), but mainly concerned as to what he is doing wrong to not pull higher dps on a patchwerk fight.

Any advice or things you can see him doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Cufadas/advanced

World of Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z1aiymb3edtl60m6/analyze/dd/source/?s=12674&e=12995

If you post in this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...efore-posting)
    you will probably get a better response, You can also point that warlock to the stickies at the top of this page for some pointers as well.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerieana View Post
    Long story short, I have this warlock in my raid "Cufadas" that is not pulling the numbers he should. Generally he is Demo on most fights and I'm rather concerned as to why on Ultraxion he is only pulling 24k. He does stand in melee range for the fight and I believe, with his gear, he should be pulling a tad more then 24k on a patchwerk fight. I am also concerned for the other fights listed there (aside from morchok, he was on crystal duty for that), but mainly concerned as to what he is doing wrong to not pull higher dps on a patchwerk fight.

Any advice or things you can see him doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Cufadas/advanced

World of Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z1aiymb3edtl60m6/analyze/dd/source/?s=12674&e=12995
    Demo should be the best option for standing still, however with the recent nerf to doomguard it's not as good per say, have him try destro, see if that makes a difference in fights, demo is sub-optimal in moving fights
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

You could always just plug him into simcraft, and compare the numbers against Ultrax. If there is a large disparity (like 1-2k), then he has fundamental issues with handling the spec properly.

You are complaining about your warlock, the priest in your raid, got 392 Ilevel, compared to the warlocks 383... The warlock is behind by 1.k dps in such gear difference - and you're complaining about the lock doing low damage? Check out why youre priest can push out higher numbers with his gear instead of worrying about the lock imo...

Alright, sorry about not posting this thread in the "DPS Help" thread, my bad. As for plugging his numbers in a sim program, I did and according to it he should be pulling 32,641 dps on a patchwerk style fight as demo. I'm not going to expect that number, but at least 29k roughly shouldn't be too difficult.

As for contri, I did ask in the priest forums about my shadowpriest. I'm not JUST concerned about the warlock, but rather than post useless threads in the lock forum about a shadowpriest dps disparity I split all the threads up to their proper class forums.

I have also debated asking him to go back destro, which he would do no problem. Just was curious if anyone had an idea on why he was doing such low dps on a stand still fight in which demo should do more than 24k I'd hope.

Anyways, I'll re-post this in the help thread in the warlock forums and keep checking this post as well.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Alright, sorry about not posting this thread in the "DPS Help" thread, my bad. As for plugging his numbers in a sim program, I did and according to it he should be pulling 32,641 dps on a patchwerk style fight as demo. I'm not going to expect that number, but at least 29k roughly shouldn't be too difficult.

As for contri, I did ask in the priest forums about my shadowpriest. I'm not JUST concerned about the warlock, but rather than post useless threads in the lock forum about a shadowpriest dps disparity I split all the threads up to their proper class forums.

I have also debated asking him to go back destro, which he would do no problem. Just was curious if anyone had an idea on why he was doing such low dps on a stand still fight in which demo should do more than 24k I'd hope.

Anyways, I'll re-post this in the help thread in the warlock forums and keep checking this post as well.

Ok, fair enough! =D

Deleted
    He has an 88.6 % uptime of Bane and an 86.0 % uptime of Corruption these should really be in the 95%+ area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a Warlock and i've got to say for some strange reason on Ultraxion i cannot break 26k dps, Other bosses i can no problem i have even complained in vent during raids that i cannot get the dps up on this one boss, I have tried Affli and Destro for this boss but nope just wont go over 26k, I also noticed only on this encounter i get a lot of "invalid target" during my rotation and it only happens to me in the raid and on this one boss lol
    Zip

He would be better going back to destro with his gemming/reforging. Seems to me he's just gearing for haste.
    For demo, its hit to cap> mastery> haste> crit. Wrong enchant on bracers for any spec. Should be 50 int. Same for cloak, 50 int, not 30 int. Hands and feet are spot on for demo, but if he's going back to destro they should be haste. He's gemming wrong as well. You only match socket bonus if you get 20int bonus per socket. Otherwise, just spam 40int gems.

Looks like he only casted soul fire 3 times. That seems very low. At 25% he should be using it over shadowbolt.
    DI uptime was only 26.8% as well. This was probably because he gave it to the holy priest instead of the spriest.
    He used meta 3 times but immolation only 2 times. He needs to pop immolation everytime with meta.
    Also, it looks like he isn't lining meta up with demon soul as he only popped demon soul twice, both with felhunter out. The 1st demon soul should be with a felguard, and once the felguard's felstorm ends, he should soulburn out a felhunter and stay with that pet for the remainder of the fight.
    HOG hit 19 times but shadowflame only hit 16 times. They're on the same cd and being in melee, he should be using it on cd, just like HOG. What I like to do is HOG->shadowflame so I don't forget about it and the cd comes up at the same time, and since shadowflame is higher priority than shadowbolt anyway.
    Last edited by knumskul; 2011-12-11 at 10:45 AM.

Another thing is that the damage pushes your spellcasts back a lot on this fight. You lose quite a bit of dps there since it occurs throughout the entire fight. And you spend a few seconds every minute in the normal realm. It all adds up to a dps loss.

*Dark Intent 11 86.2 26.8 % - that is not right
    *Bracers have wrong enchant...
    *3 time Metamorphosis.. - sounds low to me..but 5.2 min .. hm might be okay
    *Some of the gemming is wrong - make him read the elitistjerks.com forums... or even check mmo-champion ones.
    *reforging... - i couldnt understood what he was trying to do with that... - read the above mentioned forums
    *proffesions not optimal
    *Corruption and BoD uptime seems a bit low
    *with this spec he has.. i raly think he should change the Inchin glyph with Corruption one...(personal opinion.) - Inchin glyph is for the 3/31/7 spec with no shadow bolt filler.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by drinoff; 2011-12-11 at 02:59 PM.
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    If the gear currently in armory is his raid gear, he is all over the place (as many have mentioned). I have two sets of gear... one that caps hit (raiding) and another that gives hit for haste (dungeons).

1) Why is his hit so low?? He is only at 16.28% vs 17%.
    2) Professions are not the worst, but far from the best.
    3) Gemming in shoulders, hands, boots & ring should be 40 INT.. bypass the weak socket bonus.
    4) Enchants on cape, bracers & gloves are ok, but there are better.
    5) Run thru WoWReforge, and it says he needs to reforge 13 of 16 gear slots.
    6) Glyphs - As poinged out by drinoff, the incinerate glyph isn't best for his spec.. corruption would be better.

Sorry for the lack of reply, went to bed. Thanks for the recent posts as well, the specific changes and alterations are really going to help. As for Wapetufo, I know no one will ever get near where a Sim says your DPS should be at, which is why I mentioned that of the 32.6k the sim says he should be doing, that 29k shouldn't be too much to ask. However, after reading some of these posts, it seems like (aside from player side changes) that being in the normal realm (even if for 2 secs) will drop everyone's dps by variyng amounts.

Edit: I checked elitierjerks, wowreforge and the MMO forum post as well. My question is, EJ says for a demo lock in 378 gear (roughly) that it is Hit to cap, then haste to 1993, then mastery. On the MMO forums it apparently is hit to cap, then mastery, then haste. I'm just curious, which one is right for a demo lock?
    Last edited by Nerieana; 2011-12-11 at 05:36 PM.

Good Question.

I wanna see what ppl have to say

Personaly for me I agree with the Haste plateau at 1993 , but i see alots of top guild warlock raiding with 1500 - 1600 ish haste rating and go all out mastery... there has been alots of topics that comment that but there is not definite answer , at least i couldnt find it
    While i played demo in 4.2 i always go for mastery...but the things is reverse now.. DG is fixed and i believe at least for me Sims shows Haste>mastery.. so SIM him and check..
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I checked elitierjerks, wowreforge and the MMO forum post as well. My question is, EJ says for a demo lock in 378 gear (roughly) that it is Hit to cap, then haste to 1993, then mastery. On the MMO forums it apparently is hit to cap, then mastery, then haste. I'm just curious, which one is right for a demo lock?
    The 1993 Haste is correct, which is why his reforging looks out of whack, but is actually not that bad. He is sitting at about 2k haste and then stacking mastery. However, being under the hit cap is a severe dps loss, and should prioritize that above all else. Other than that, just follow what the others said about gemming/enchanting/professions. Bane of Doom and Corruption uptimes should be as close to 100% as possible, and Shadowflame and HoG should have the same number of casts. Soulfire should be the filler below 25% HP. I will say, however, that playing a Demo Lock can be intimidating for some players, merely because of the number of abilities you must use for maximum dps, and for the various synergies you must keep track of/line up. Having him read EJ and follow it to the tee will help a lot. Also, if he wants to simplify his Meta usage, he should get something other MWC, because even though it is very good, managing it can be difficult for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's also been studies that are showing that plants release distress signals in the form of chemicals, such as when they're cut or broken, which other plants can react to.

That freshly mown lawn smell? That's tens of thousands of blades of grass screaming.

people forget when they talk about secondary ratings that demo play with mwc (warlock from op plays that) doesn't benefit that much from haste as model that is currently simulated in simcraft (rating that you get now from simcraft are not applicable on warlocks that still play with mwc)
    Last edited by randa; 2011-12-11 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    Didn't you make a post about the same thing and same words on a SP in your guild not pulling the numbers you want. Instead of you naming and shaming them here it's better for them to come and ask for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Handlebardoc View Post
    The 1993 Haste is correct, which is why his reforging looks out of whack, but is actually not that bad. He is sitting at about 2k haste and then stacking mastery. However, being under the hit cap is a severe dps loss, and should prioritize that above all else. Other than that, just follow what the others said about gemming/enchanting/professions. Bane of Doom and Corruption uptimes should be as close to 100% as possible, and Shadowflame and HoG should have the same number of casts. Soulfire should be the filler below 25% HP. I will say, however, that playing a Demo Lock can be intimidating for some players, merely because of the number of abilities you must use for maximum dps, and for the various synergies you must keep track of/line up. Having him read EJ and follow it to the tee will help a lot. Also, if he wants to simplify his Meta usage, he should get something other MWC, because even though it is very good, managing it can be difficult for some.
    Bolded the part I want to expand on. Several demo locks line it up by simply putting MWC in a macro with Metamorphosis, doing that is wrong. In order for the mastery of MWC (or any other mastery procs) to benefit metamorphosis, they need to be applied and active BEFORE Metamorphosis is cast. Using them in a macro does not give the game enough time to apply the buff, you need to press MWC manually beforehand. The gap between presses only needs to be a quarter of a second or even less, but to be safe you can just use it before a spell and then meta after that spell and you'll be totally secure with no actual dps loss due to how Metamorphosis snapshots your mastery value at cast and keeps that value for the full duration.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    Didn't you make a post about the same thing and same words on a SP in your guild not pulling the numbers you want. Instead of you naming and shaming them here it's better for them to come and ask for advice.
    Thanks for the replies again, I'm pretty sure all of you have covered any possible tips and alterations. As for the person I quoted, I'm sorry if you see this as "shaming" the person. I simply see it as trying to get the most out of my raid DPS. I have yet to see anyone call the lock I posted about as being fail or horrible, simply that he needs a few alterations to do more DPS. If you saw this entire thread as an insult to the lock, well then I can't change that view. The lock in question has been a long time friend and I simply was doing some research for him to better his dps, that is all.