Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Is there some kind of strategy to finding gold ore or am I just really unlucky? I've been exploring the underground and digging for hours and I haven't come across any. I've got plenty of copper, iron, and silver, but I can't seem to advance much further without gold.
    If you find just a bit of gold ore, then you can make yourself some spelunker potions. They REALLY come in handy. Moonglow/Blinkroot/Gold Ore

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    If you find just a bit of gold ore, then you can make yourself some spelunker potions. They REALLY come in handy. Moonglow/Blinkroot/Gold Ore
    I looked it up to see what it was about, and I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of those. I did manage to find a couple of blocks of gold, so hopefully that'll do the trick. Thanks!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I looked it up to see what it was about, and I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of those. I did manage to find a couple of blocks of gold, so hopefully that'll do the trick. Thanks!
    Sadly, gold blocks won't work. You'll need actual gold ore - it's 1 ore per potion.

    Gold typically spawns deep - either the second stone layer or the lava layer.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  4. #24
    So just got done placing about 4k dirt blocks in preparation of building a castle in the sky. I think that's enough for today.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,621
    My hard drive got corrupted. I had my OS on a different drive than all my games, music, videos etc, but I forgot that my steam saves were all on the OS drive so I lost them all : ( So I'm starting Terraria as new again. (Skrym too but that's for another place). I was up to having a molten pickaxe and basically everything I wanted from the last patch, so it'll be interesting starting again. I need a new idea for my house.

  6. #26
    The Patient Drakoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    248
    Still on the early stages of the game, got full silver armor and tools and searching for gold now.


    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

  7. #27
    I had actually started a new toon and world for 1.1 with my gf and DragonX7(user here). It's been rather fun and last night we farmed the hardmode bosses and now we're all in full hallowed with Excalibur.

  8. #28
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    432
    I have a nice garden of plant pots filled with moonglow, blinkroot, firebloom and a few other things, endless spelunking and lava immunity potions working on adamantite armour at the moment

    as for my issues with multiplayer, I found a very detailed guide showed me but on the very last step it says 'Invalid Port' when I know for a fact it is a valid port.
    it would be fine since my friend is a better option for host but I cannot connect to his games and hamachi will not ping, a yellow explamation mark next to his name (and my name when from his PoV) says something about 'tunnel' Im afraid we just gave up after hours of trying to find solutions, none of which worked.

    Edit: If you are having trouble finding gold ore try close to lava pockets, I need it for my potions and chandeliers, I find it in abundance down there aswell as cobalt and bits of adamantite that I need.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    I have a nice garden of plant pots filled with moonglow, blinkroot, firebloom and a few other things, endless spelunking and lava immunity potions working on adamantite armour at the moment

    as for my issues with multiplayer, I found a very detailed guide showed me but on the very last step it says 'Invalid Port' when I know for a fact it is a valid port.
    it would be fine since my friend is a better option for host but I cannot connect to his games and hamachi will not ping, a yellow explamation mark next to his name (and my name when from his PoV) says something about 'tunnel' Im afraid we just gave up after hours of trying to find solutions, none of which worked.

    Edit: If you are having trouble finding gold ore try close to lava pockets, I need it for my potions and chandeliers, I find it in abundance down there aswell as cobalt and bits of adamantite that I need.
    There is a far, far, far easier way to get a server going than using Hamachi now. Just use the official Terraria server tool, it's very user-friendly.

    http://www.terraria.org/ bottom of the page.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    432
    Giving it a shot now, thanks very much herecius

    Edit: Update it does not work at all we can run and join our own server but cannot connect to eachothers, I cant find any information about this any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by rol3x; 2011-12-12 at 12:51 PM.

  11. #31
    You have to have the port opened up properly on your router for someone to join using Terraria's server program. It's a pain to setup though >< Sometimes it seems like it works(for me) when setting it, and others it's like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. But after getting it to where your friend can connect to you, you really don't have anything to worry about.

  12. #32
    This game is.. AWESOME!

  13. #33
    The Patient BelziBhaal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In a Giant Bucket.
    Posts
    223
    I got bored and decided to drain an ocean into Hell. Made lots of obsidium that way.

  14. #34
    BEHOLD!!!!

    My latest contraption with with wiring and whatnot!

    A chest duplication station!


  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    BEHOLD!!!!

    My latest contraption with with wiring and whatnot!

    A chest duplication station!

    That is neat as heck, I'm going have to make something like that. I need a ton of chests for my current project, and getting them that way would save a lot of time. Crabs as a way to constantly trigger and separate circuits that way could also be very useful. Currently any timer-activated traps in my security system have to be rigged in very specific ways to not just turn the whole circuit into a mess.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2011-12-12 at 07:04 PM.

  16. #36
    It's rather simple. You can do it with one crab or 3(or two even). What you do is, spawn the crab(s) and then trap them on the pressure pads with the active blocks beneath the statue. Then profit assuming you have it hooked up right(the chest is also sitting on active blocks). When you're done, you'll need to kill the crabs with a ranged weapon(that's what the hold in the wall there is for) or else they'll dupe the chests endlessly.

    also, any chests will do. I only used shadow cause they're worth the most(and moneys are fun ^.^)

  17. #37

    Terraria Hardmodes

    Hello guys.

    I made this thread to ask a question about the EoW hardmode (the Destroyer). People say he is the easiest boss, which he seems to be but i still can't kill him.
    I got full adamantite melee gear and the adamantite sword. i also got an arena which looks like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg4XSZhaFcI
    i Normally seem to die to the lazers and i dunno how to avoid them.
    ANyone got any good, working tactics?

    Thanks in advance

  18. #38
    If your having THAT hard of a time, here's a clever way to beat it.
    Get the charm that increases the invincibility time you get when damaged, replace the entire floor of the arena with meteorite, DO NOT USE the obsidian skull and you will continually take 1 damage ticks from the meteortie and avoid most of the damage that the destroyer does to you.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

    In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

  19. #39
    I used to use a Hamdrax because it was the highest damage weapon i had and low and behold, Goblin invasion came and i fought them off. Needless to say, my house was utterly destroyed by the time it was over D:

    I just started over, new character and new map because i went on a server and ended up getting alot of stuff that i shouldn't be getting for quite some time ;p
    That and the map was made before 1.1 so none of the new stuff was being generated.

    Also debating on what to build once i get things going again.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

    In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    I used to use a Hamdrax because it was the highest damage weapon i had and low and behold, Goblin invasion came and i fought them off. Needless to say, my house was utterly destroyed by the time it was over D:

    I just started over, new character and new map because i went on a server and ended up getting alot of stuff that i shouldn't be getting for quite some time ;p
    That and the map was made before 1.1 so none of the new stuff was being generated.

    Also debating on what to build once i get things going again.


    Also, the new 1.1 things like traps, mineshafts, and statues make early-game exploration underground a lot more interesting.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2011-12-13 at 06:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •