Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    whoo hoo...this weekend shall be filled with pumpkiny creepery goodness!
    BAD WOLF

Hurray! Although doesn't that mean it's the last update until Terraria 2?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Hurray! Although doesn't that mean it's the last update until Terraria 2?

I thought there was suppose to be one more update with a "true" final boss?

By some insane luck, I found a corruption key almost immediately after starting hardmode, and in the corruption chest found a Godly (best prefix, woo) Scourge of the Corrupter. Simply put, WHAT THE FUCK. This weapon is INSANE. It's technicaly melee, so I can equip the high defense melee armor and be tanky while still getting the damage benefits, but in reality it's ranged, with a ridiculous fire rate, ridiculous damage, and every time it hits it splits into two homing-missiles which hit more. The projectiles are also as fast as bullets. This weapon is just taking the piss, it's so good. I use it with a magma stone and the melee Wall of Flesh emblem. With it I've been easily able to take down everything in the game I've come across. Wall of Flesh goes down as fast, if not faster then with a megashark with crystal bullets. I can kill shit without even hitting it. I managed to kill a Red Devil in about 3 seconds by just shooting the floor and letting the homing corrupters kill it.

This makes it worth stocking up on battle potions, carving out an arena, and farming corruption for the key, because supposedly the chest has a 100% chance of having one of these in it. Is there any way this isn't the best weapon in the game?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    -snip-
    You got a 1/4,000 chance drop, of course it's going to be OP. But, without a doubt, Vampire Knives are the most OP item, bar none. Even after the nerf. I'd recommend not using it, items of that caliber trivialize the game.

I'm gonna contribute to the thread with this 1.2.1 patch note https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...sle=true&pli=1

I killed the guardian and the brain today and got the book of the skull, i facerolled the dungeon with my crimson set + diamond staff + book, got a shadow key, shield, 3 murasama, oh and a mateorite landed on my map..but its look like is in the sky. I could said that i am prepared for hell. A question about hell, I've read there is one item that summon the pre-hardmode boss, if i summon him and i use the mirror, does he despawn?
    Last edited by Clrg; 2013-10-25 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    A question about hell, I've read there is one item that summon the pre-hardmode boss, if i summon him and i use the mirror, does he despawn?
    Yes, but you also die in the process. Once the boss is summoned, you cannot leave Hell at all.

The Wall of Flesh is actually really easy if you prepare right. You'll want to prepare the arena by bridging the lava, so you have a more or less flat (ofc some jumping and level changes is fine) arena. Leave one tiny pool of lava on the farthest right end of the map, to throw the doll in, and bridge a long way. You do NOT want to get trapped; the first time I fought him was by accident when a Voodoo Demon died over a pit of lava and the falling doll summoned him. Havng had no preparation, I did very well, until we got to some of the obsidian brick houses which were fairly tall, and combined with a low ceiling, there was no way through. This resulted in me frantically drying to mine my way through the walls but the Wall of Flesh caught up to me and killed me.

I fought WoF with a regeneration potion, Ironskin potion, Meteorite set, and a Diamond Sceptre or whatever its called. I also had a space gun to use when my mana ran out and was regening (it having no cost due to the set bonus of my armor). Fairly easy. Once you reach hardmode and get some hardmode items, WoF is just pathetic. I've killed him in less then 15 seconds.

Btw, on a small world, I killed him about 1/3 the way along the map, starting from the very end, so I'd bridge about 2/5 the way along, or at least clear a path that long. I didn't really need the arena I set up, because I had a Blizzard in a Baloon, a Fart in a Bottle (or cloud, cant remember when I updated it) and rocket boots, so was kind of fine with flying over lava...
    Last edited by Migey; 2013-10-25 at 01:57 AM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Looking forward to the endless monster wave mode
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    goodie bags dropped by the halloween event mobs gave me things like fox, cat, reaper, hat/shirt/pants and so far the reaper one is cool because it shows you holding a scythe

ive also gotten the bat scepter which is like the bee gun but with bats instead of bee's and 2/3 parts of the scarecrow outfit

oh and the spooky wood can be used to make spooky armor but requires 750 wood

- - - Updated - - -

spooky armor is minion focused like the voodoo set

- - - Updated - - -

oh and rainbow reaper ftw

- - - Updated - - -

just got a vampire vanity set from a goodie bag and a necro somethin scroll which is an accesory for minions

oh and last part of scarecrow set and two ghost costume parts

I've killed 5 Pumpkings, so far none of them dropped a single item. RNG? Or just a small drop rate?

BTW, the Halloween update rocks, my Nurse is enjoying her new floating pumpkin house

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I've killed 5 Pumpkings, so far none of them dropped a single item. RNG? Or just a small drop rate?

BTW, the Halloween update rocks, my Nurse is enjoying her new floating pumpkin house
    ive gotten two bat scepters but nothing else

- - - Updated - - -

just had a death sickle drop while wearing the reaper vanity costume :0

I had in the goodie bags so far : ghost, cat, alien, robot costume. Wish I could get the reaper, that looked so badass.

We did the pumpkin moon event a few times yestreday, it's quite tough. We made it to wave 10 before the nigth was over. Seems like there are 2 kinds of mini bosses ( those fire shooting trees and the headless horseman ) and then a big boss that behaves like the dungeon guardian hardmode version, only with flame scythes in each of his 4 hands. Died a lot

Loots included pumpkin orientated items. Horseman dropped a blade that summons pumpkins when you swing it, boss dropped a pumpkin rocket launcher. Also got a stake thrower that shoots piercing stakes that do like 250 damage each ( in mage gear ! ). Also got a summoning staff, dont remember if it was bats or crows. With the spooky armor and the pygmy trinkets, my buddy walked around like death ( in his reaper costume ) with 6 crows flying around him all the time.

On the other hand I still have not managed to kill plantera in my own world... He is one tough customer...
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I'm liking the new vanity sets from the Halloween event. Got the Alien costume, a Creeper from Minecraft costume, the cat costume, a leprechaun outfit and an adventurers outfit so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... within the span of 30 minutes I manage to get the spider, the tree sapling and the pumpkin pet... no pumpking items... -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    I had in the goodie bags so far : ghost, cat, alien, robot costume. Wish I could get the reaper, that looked so badass.

We did the pumpkin moon event a few times yestreday, it's quite tough. We made it to wave 10 before the nigth was over. Seems like there are 2 kinds of mini bosses ( those fire shooting trees and the headless horseman ) and then a big boss that behaves like the dungeon guardian hardmode version, only with flame scythes in each of his 4 hands. Died a lot

Loots included pumpkin orientated items. Horseman dropped a blade that summons pumpkins when you swing it, boss dropped a pumpkin rocket launcher. Also got a stake thrower that shoots piercing stakes that do like 250 damage each ( in mage gear ! ). Also got a summoning staff, dont remember if it was bats or crows. With the spooky armor and the pygmy trinkets, my buddy walked around like death ( in his reaper costume ) with 6 crows flying around him all the time.

On the other hand I still have not managed to kill plantera in my own world... He is one tough customer...
    solo i can only make it to wave 6 but since then ive replaced my shotbow with the death sickle mainly for more damage and am now thinking of going with a melee setup and i cant remember which new sets had a melee focus

- - - Updated - - -

only gun im still using is the noob tube with the shroomite helmets damage boost but sicne its just the helmet with that bonus im thinking to replace the chest and pants with something else for melee focused or even the minions

lol I got a TMNT costume...

Wow i just noticed this thread haha.

Anyway i finally after like 275 plantera kills got The Axe! !

Love it so much.

Also anyone got tips for the halloween invasion? bout to fight it

Edit: Anyone know any guns/magic that are amazing to use against it? (Using chlorphyte bullets for it ofc)
    As well as the terra blade prolly beign amazing due to the sword shooting out of it
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

We did up to wave 10 with magnetic spheres, shadowbeam staff, full spectre set ( my buddy ) and full chlorophyte set ( me ). Also built a huge array of lhizarth traps with camp fires and honey baths on top.

The small mobs are no problem at all, but the big trees and the boss himself are quite nasty.

I built myself the full turtle armor and the terra blade yesterday, just in case i ever wanna do melee and because i got spare items for it lieing around. Also killed plantera finally in my own little world and am now farming HM dungeon mobs for thise plasma things for the spectre armor.

Whoever wrote in the terraria wiki that the spectre armor "is now so hard to get because of the materials required that he is not sure if it is worth to get it" ?? It's only the best caster armor with built in life leech, yeah why should you get that... /sarcasm
    Last edited by Twoflower; 2013-10-27 at 09:24 AM.
    Ecce homo ergo elk