Deleted

Cyborg RAT 7 Mouse, driver installation problem

Does anybody have a Cyborg RAT 7 gaming mouse? I bought one this week and I'm unable to install the drivers (the mouse works with standard windows drivers but I'm unable to use the configuration software until I install the Cyborg drivers). The driver installer asks me to "please plug in the controllers you want to update" but nothing happens when I plug in the mouse. I've tried removing all non-present HID/pointing devices from device manager before connecting it and still no luck. Has anybody seen this problem? A few people have posted about the same issue on various forums but nobody has received an answer.

ok first off go here:

http://cyborggaming.com/download.htm

left side choose your OS and the drivers

right side the software for it. (first option left box is OS and type) 2nd box you want Cyborg R.A.T 7

that should take care of ya

in anticipation of swtor i just redid my boot drive and downloaded those and installed.
    i do not recall if the driver installation asks you to plug in the mouse if they do make sure it's un-plugged before you start the application to install it (highlight the drivers then unplug the mouse, then hit enter (should start install), use tab to cycle thru options.

note: remove any software for it you have allready loaded. (do not use the drivers/software on the disk.)
    Last edited by Arteous; 2011-12-11 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    i'm having exactly the same problem, works fine as a normal mouse but the driver will not install. i have uninstalled all other mouse drivers and my logitech KB driver, no luck, i have also tried it on my windows vista system with exactly the same problem. i have tried the drivers from cyborg and saitek (strangly they are different file names) with no luck. i have tried it with mouse unplugged/plugged/plugged in at the prompt, nothing works and the Next button is grayed out so tabing won't help. shame as it's a really nice mouse but no use if you can't program it. does anyone have an older version of the driver? current one is 7080. have tried the drivers for other mice ( the 5 and the 9 ) but no luck there either.

10+ Year Old Account
    OS?
    motherboard?

Deleted
    well done to saitek there's a new version of the driver now available on there site which worked fine. might be something to do with the fact that it's the new 6400dpi version i have.

Quote Originally Posted by frogfone View Post
    well done to saitek there's a new version of the driver now available on there site which worked fine. might be something to do with the fact that it's the new 6400dpi version i have.
    I happen to have a different issue, I also have a 6400dpi version and I did the following but still NO GO.

- removed any unwanted usb devices, cleaned up usb stack in safe mode
    - rebooted afresh and got all the usb devices detected accordingly
    - removed any profiler software (such as the G15 software from Logitech) and the hardware as well
    - installed the Cyborg rat 7 driver
    - Plugged in the mouse when requested by installer
    - Then installed the profiler software ....
    - Icon appears (as expected) when I click on "profile editor" I get an app crash.

I'm running Windows 7 x64

The appcrash occurs in Kernelbase.dll. Everything works perfectly but it is sad that I cannot run the profile software.

.Net Framework is installed by the way.

Regs

Angry Same problem across multiple PC's

I cannot install the driver either. And the software won't install until there is managable device detected.

I have tried installing the drivers on a Lenovo R500 laptop, an 1156 chipset H55 DFI lanparty motherboard.
    A similar build on a Zotac H55-itx board (we have a couple of mini itx boxes here)
    All are running Win 7 home premium, or ultimate. And all are x64

Another lenovo desktop pc running XP SP3.

The driver installer SIMPLY DOES NOT DETECT THE HARDWARE!

Thinking I missed a step I formatted the R500 and the Zotac. The Lenovo I have to admit is more of a factory reset.
    But my zotac box is a clean install of Win7U x64.

I tried installing the drivers BEFORE THE MOUSE WAS EVER PLUGGED IN. THen it asks you to "plug in the controller you wish to update"
    I do that and nothing happens.

Windows detects the mouse and installs generic mouse drivers, but the dumbass madcatz software just sits there.

Deleted
    I had this same problem. I fixed it by selecting the first HID-compliant mouse in the device manager and changing the driver to the Saitek Cyborg R.A.T. 7 driver. Windows (7-x64) wasn't convinced it'd be a good idea but let me do it anyway. After that the profile-software worked fine.

Hi all.
    I'm a Italian Boy.
    Mouse arrived today, same problem!
    Every time I try to install the drivers for 64bit crashes.
    Restart the system but does not start, I have to take MMO and replace the old mouse.
    I need to perform a system restore to try to reinstall the drivers but to no avail, it is a vicious circle.
    Terrible support!
    Solutions?
    Appearance revision drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    Don't Necro.
    sorry, what Necro?

Start a new thread. Do not hijack posts that are a year old.

i run a rat 7 also, it works fine for me., ill look it to it and post more

Quote Originally Posted by frogfone View Post
    i'm having exactly the same problem, works fine as a normal mouse but the driver will not install. i have uninstalled all other mouse drivers and my logitech KB driver, no luck, i have also tried it on my windows vista system with exactly the same problem. i have tried the drivers from cyborg and saitek (strangly they are different file names) with no luck. i have tried it with mouse unplugged/plugged/plugged in at the prompt, nothing works and the Next button is grayed out so tabing won't help. shame as it's a really nice mouse but no use if you can't program it. does anyone have an older version of the driver? current one is 7080. have tried the drivers for other mice ( the 5 and the 9 ) but no luck there either.
    Same problem but with RAT M! Some help here?

Deleted

Cool

Just in case any one stumbles across this thread in hopes to fix their mouse, I had the same error as the op and i fixed it by downloading the drivers that were on the mmo7 update tool page of the madcatz website rather than the ones on the normal downloads page. (Just google "mmo7 update tool", I would post a link but this forum wont let me).

Quote Originally Posted by JosephRobbins View Post
    Just in case any one stumbles across this thread in hopes to fix their mouse, I had the same error as the op and i fixed it by downloading the drivers that were on the mmo7 update tool page of the madcatz website rather than the ones on the normal downloads page. (Just google "mmo7 update tool", I would post a link but this forum wont let me).
    http://www.cyborggaming.com/mmo7updater.html

Damn, this thread is full of necros.