[Megathread] The Last of Us Discussion

My mind is completely blown, and I think this will honestly be the best game ever. It's like a interactive version of the novel The Road.

Leave your opinions and thoughts.

I'll wait with saying "the best game ever" until I see some actual gameplay. The story certainly has potential, but the story already exists. As you said, it's basically The Road, but with mutated zombies rather than other survivors. I'll get back here once we have more info on the game, but it sure looks good.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, but still not "best game ever" material.

There's a lot of people who enjoy post-apocalyptic RPG genre (just as there were many games). This will probably be a very good game for them.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting. Too bad it's a PS3 exclusive. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    Looks interesting. Too bad it's a PS3 exclusive. :/

This, Hopefully its not a L4D clone and goes more of the Deadrising route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    This, Hopefully its not a L4D clone and goes more of the Deadrising route.
    I liked both L4D and Deadrising, though I biasedly preffer Dead Rising since it's made by Capcom :P
    Howay the lads!

PS3 exclusive? Will have to get one of those damn things then..

Why does it remind me of 28 days/weeks later, but with muted people instead of just super angry people...

Gave the thread a little more explicit title. TLoU seems to imply that you misspelled The Legend of Zelda (TLoZ),The Legend of the Dragoon (TLotD), or some other Legend of (insert noun.)
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

I think it looks like it has real potential. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some gameplay, but the cinematic was really lovely. And I heard that it was designed in-engine, so that could potentially be really good. It definitely has my interest and I'll be keeping tabs on it.

Seeing as how it's made by Naughty Dog (Uncharted series) I think this game should be a really good game. If its similar to uncharted it should be very cinematic, great story and solid game play!
    The Glowing Piece of Radical Rock!