Poll: Vote

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Sargeras vs Old Gods

Who would win?

Sargeras.

/10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Gods. They're cooler. Yes, that is my reason.

Sargeras, he was the one who helped imprisoned the old gods in the first place

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    An old god apparently can make a Titan like Sargeras even himself beg to die according to Krasus. In addition to that we have not seen a full old god in there ''Full form'' They are huge creatures beyond our imaginations really

"For I bear allegiance to powers untouched by time, unmoved by fate. No force on this world or beyond harbors the strength to bend our knee. Not even the mighty Legion."
    —Harbinger Skyriss

Krasus speculated that should the Old Gods open the gates of their prison even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death. Krasus further thought that the Aspects were the most powerful creatures on all the mortal plane. So if anyone had a chance against the Old Gods, it was them. Combined all five of the Aspects represented a force capable of defeating the elder beings.[18] Even though the Old Gods are imprisoned or sleeping, so great is their power that their unconscious but destructive, maddening auras seep out and influence some denizens of Azeroth.[4] Nozdormu later revealed that all of the suffering the Aspects have had to deal with like the madness of Malygos and Deathwing, the Emerald Dream turned to a nightmare, the altering of the timeways, the attack of the twilight dragonflight, the construction of a monster out of Blackmoore, the Twilight Cult is intertwined into a dreadful conspiracy of the Old Gods to destroy the Aspects and the flights forever and with it all chance of order and stability. The aspects were shocked by this.[9]

Thrall would, obviously.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Sargeras. He was an Titan in the first place , and old gods are created by the titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Sargeras. He was an Titan in the first place , and old gods are created by the titans.
    Old Gods are the darkness to the light that is the Titans. Neither came before the other, both simply came to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Except they weren't.

It'd depend if Sargeras has the backup of all the other titans (which would be unlikely) and if the old gods team up (which is a possibility, due to the aspects giving up their power)

If it's just Sargeras vs. the combined force of the old gods, the old gods would easily win.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

the Og have proven to at least be in the same ballpark one on one when it comes to power. maybe one Titan is more powerful than one OG and maybe one OG is stronger. very hard to tell.
    overall the Titans appear to be at least marginally stronger, maybe that's due to the OG rarely if ever working together...who knows. the point is we know they are of at least similar power.

ok, now Sargeras. one would assume that after his fall from grace he has gained in power, but we also have to consider that his weapon is broken. Overall i'd assume that he is still stronger than he once was in a pretty major way in much the same way that Blizzard lore paints a warlock to be on average more powerful than a mage due to mucking around with extremely powerful yet unstable forces to enhance their magics.

Sargeras is probably easily more powerful than a single OG.
    also the OG are severely weakened right now.

now, if we were to ever enter into an area where the OG were fully powered again(the gods help us all) I think it is safe to assume that in one on one fights Sargeras would win, however if the Old Gods polled their might than Sargeras would be overwhelmed before too terribly long....and then the OG would return to smacking each other upside the head because, well because Old Gods.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    It's already stated many times that the Old gods forces are so huge that it would even make the Legion tremble. Krasus also said that if Sargeras ever were to face the Old gods he would beg for a peacefull death.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm with all the QQ about the tiniest things, i kinda missed this thread.
    I'd say sargeras would win
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

You say Old God forces so I think more than one Old God.

They would destroy Sargeras at full strength, he wouldn't stand a chance.

One on One, I don't know, could go either way.

lots of old gods > Sargeras. Sargeras > 1 old god.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathadr View Post
    Sargeras, he was the one who helped imprisoned the old gods in the first place
    Sargeras never was on Azeroth as Titan.

Sargeras. Titans didn't kill them because that would kill all of Azeroth too - while to Sarg, that would be a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Thrall's child would, obviously.
    Fixed. >_>

Sargeras got my vote, I think he could easily destroy Azeroth with one blink if he got summoned. With the Old God's it takes like forever, they're more like Old Men...

Krasus speculated that should the Old Gods open the gates of their prison even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death. Krasus further thought that the Aspects were the most powerful creatures on all the mortal plane. So if anyone had a chance against the Old Gods, it was them. Combined all five of the Aspects represented a force capable of defeating the elder beings.[18] Even though the Old Gods are imprisoned or sleeping, so great is their power that their unconscious but destructive, maddening auras seep out and influence some denizens of Azeroth.[4] Nozdormu later revealed that all of the suffering the Aspects have had to deal with like the madness of Malygos and Deathwing, the Emerald Dream turned to a nightmare, the altering of the timeways, the attack of the twilight dragonflight, the construction of a monster out of Blackmoore, the Twilight Cult is intertwined into a dreadful conspiracy of the Old Gods to destroy the Aspects and the flights forever and with it all chance of order and stability. The aspects were shocked by this.[9]

So they could bend Sargeras over their knee and give him the spanking of his life...and yet we stand up to and defeat manifestations of these old gods and their minions on a routine basis.

Furthermore, if the Aspects' power was the only thing checking the old gods from using their full might or whatever, I guess we're right and truly boned since they just spent it all to take out Deathwing.

Actually the Titans thought they had killed C'Thun at one point, in which they were obviously mistaken. It has also been stated somewhere (I forget the source) that and Old God brought down a Titan during the war in which the Old Gods were imprisoned.

When you say Old God forces, this allows us to see the full armies of all the Old Gods combined. Bear in mind the fact that iirc we've never actually been given a defined number on exactly how many Old Gods there are or how vast their forces are. Also remember that N'Zoth waged a private war against C'Thun and Yogg'Saron and has been doing so for a very long time. If these behemoths of power that are shaping our world and corrupting our keepers while fighting amongst themselves actually combined their might......I'll just end with hail the Old Ones, the end is nigh.

*Disclaimer: my lore is a little rusty, please forgive any mistakes and lack of references*