Deleted

Addon causing disconnect and battle.net problems

Hello,

Not 100% sure if this is the right subforum but I'll just go with it here;

Ever since 4.3 patch I am having random disconnects, where my screen suddenly freezes and then it takes ~30 seconds before I am disconnected to the login screen. During this 30 seconds I see all other characters freeze as well as NPCs and bosses but I am able to move around my own character. Edit: The problem only occurs in instances and during combat!

I also experience a lot of disconnects from battle.net where it take between 1 second and a couple hours before the service works again.

I suspect any of my active addon to be causing this problem, the active addons I currently use are:

- Atlastloot
    - Badboy
    - Bagnon
    - Bigwigs
    - ElvUI (This one certainly does not cause it, other people with ElvUI don't experience any dc problems)
    - Omen3
    - OmniCC
    - Power Auras Classic

I have disabled using out of date addons so any addon that is out of date is not listed since I don't have them active right now.

Any help is appreciated. It's annoying to get disconnected every 15min during a raid

Deleted
    Try updating your addons. If you're downloading through curse.com you should download the client, and run it frequently. It will tell you if you're running the latest addon versions or not, and if you can update.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    Try updating your addons. If you're downloading through curse.com you should download the client, and run it frequently. It will tell you if you're running the latest addon versions or not, and if you can update.
    I have the curse client and everything is updated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Sounds more like a network problem, since your game doesn't lock up and if any addons were spamming stuff over the network you'd be instantly DC'd, no 30 second wait.
    My net here is not great but it has been like this since september and these problems only started occuring since 4.3

Also when the battle.net problems occurs I press the information button that pops up near the "battle.net is unavailable" message and that says it is most likely caused by an addon

15+ Year Old Account
    You just may have to test, try running the game with only one active one at a time.

There are issues with the battle.net system that despite what blizzard say are likely down to bugs their side.
    I have on several occasions prior to 4.3 had it disconnect on a reload of the ui, where according to blizzard it is always a network issue and tell you to ensure the associated ports are open.
    If that was the case then it would have not worked at all.

It does seem most likely though on a long loading screen, at least from my experience.
    Something I am seeing more since 4.3, be that an addon or patch issue I am not yet sure of.

I don't know how you can assume its not Elvui, but after hearing about it from a friend I finally decided to check it out, and had this exact same problem. So it is indeed Elvui. Or some way that it interacts with other add-ons. I was going to go through them one by one and try and figure out what it was, because I'm not sure it is Elvui itself, more likely it is the way it is interacting with other add ons, because even with it disabled, I had the same problem. But as soon as I went back to Lui the problem went away. The other add-ons I use are Recount, bartender, Poisoner, DBM, Spell Alert, and Power Auras. If I had to take a guess at it, it would be Power Auras, but that's only cause there is so much to that add on, but I know next to nothing about the creation of and the way that add ons work when thrown together like that, and when I say next to I mean on the negative side of nothing.

Edit: After looking through a bunch of pages I saw another topic where someone was talking about their screen freezing and such just like this but it was a different add on, and only happened at times they were adjusting the options. This is exactly what was happening to me, as I was trying to set up Elvui for the first time so I was at a target dummy and changing things as I went, sometimes needing me to enter combat or select a target or focus, and the dummies either worked for this or there was always someone near by to focus or target. This makes me think that it really isn't Elvui, but the way it is working with other add ons as a whole, that poster did not list other add ons he was using, so there was no way to help narrow down what it could have been.
    Last edited by Damerflinn; 2011-12-15 at 08:28 AM. Reason: More information.