Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by koksii View Post
    So i got my new machine today and im curious if i can run swtor?

Processor:
    i7-3960X

Graphic card:
    AMD HD6990 CF

RAM MEMORY
    16 (GB) DDR (3)

Power-Supply
    CORSAIR 1500 (WAT)

BOARD
    MSI BOARD P67 B3

Thank you for your answers.
    i7-3960X = LGA 2011
    MSI BOARD P67 B3 = LGA 1155

Let me know how it goes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruteuus View Post
    i7-3960X = LGA 2011

Let me know how it goes
    Pretty much this.

So no.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruteuus View Post
    i7-3960X = LGA 2011

Let me know how it goes
    Well you can do it. Just a little application of force... that's all it requires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cut some of the pins off the motherboard with some nail clippers and it'll be fine!

Hah.. Beats mine.

But, this game is CPU intensive (on the first core) and GPU intensive of course.

Alot of people aren't realizing the importance of your total clock speed (ie: 3Ghz, etc) in helping things out. The game doesn't split the load over dual, quad, sextuplet? the 6 cores.. of course. So the first core is being hammered.

I run an Intel quadcore at 4.5Ghz OC'd (obviously).. 8GB of Corsair ram at 1600Mhz stock.. with one of the mots important aspects of the computer,.. A 120GB Intel SSD. Which houses the OS and Game. A Terrabyte HD on the side,.. 1000Watt Corsair PSU to ensure power is plenty, not quite as you, but the better brands handle the amperage and loads much better. Ermm.. Video card is getting dated now. I run a 5850HD -- Though the game will and does play as good as I want it even with the vid card. I run avg 90FPS.. high end 130FPS, and low end (ie: Dance party) 40FPS.

Someone asked why the 16GB of RAM? Well, go look at RAM prices -- they are SOOO dirt cheap now its amazing if you ever used to build comps even a few years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neofate View Post
    Someone asked why the 16GB of RAM? Well, go look at RAM prices -- they are SOOO dirt cheap now its amazing if you ever used to build comps even a few years ago.
    The day when you would really need 16GB of RAM for gaming - it would be your 10th 16GB kit due to upgrades. So, though it's cheap, it is still a waste of money. 8GB is more than enough right know, even 6GB is more than enough, but with sandy bridges you can't have such setup, only pre sandy bridge CPUs support triple channel memory and new ones support quadruple channel memory so 8GB is the only non-waste way.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    The day when you would really need 16GB of RAM for gaming - it would be your 10th 16GB kit due to upgrades. So, though it's cheap, it is still a waste of money. 8GB is more than enough right know, even 6GB is more than enough, but with sandy bridges you can't have such setup, only pre sandy bridge CPUs support triple channel memory and new ones support quadruple channel memory so 8GB is the only non-waste way.
    And is why I run 8GB.

I don't see it as a waste.. it was top notch RAM for under $50.. I very well wasn't going to stick 4GB in just to not be 'wasting'.. for that kind of money.

I can utilize more than half with video editing, graphics applications, 3DS and so on.

I did hit 70% memory utilization during beta at one point, but something else was going on.

Software will always be chasing the hardware.. I'm just ready for the applications to start taking advantage of the cores on these CPU's before they are obsolete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I specifically said "for Gaming", if you work with media you need more than 16GB

Deleted
    32 bit applications cant handle more than 4gb ram, so its wasted. And a lot of 64bit Games dont need more then 3gb.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hear being a smart ass and creating pointless threads to /flex your ePeen is the new cool.

Bumping them when they are dead for two days is nearly as bad though.