Deleted

Question Rate/Value My PC

Hey,

I've recently been looking at selling my current build. It was originally built 2 years ago(ish) with the obvious upgrades such as the SSD. I originally built it so that I got the most power out of what I could afford to spend at the time.

What are your thoughts and what do do think it is worth?

(Values would be preferred in GBP but not required)

Case:
    Sunbeam Black Silent Storm Mid Tower Case With Unique Core-Fan Design

GFX:
    MSI GeForce GTS 450 Cyclone 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

CPU:
    AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.40GHz (Socket AM3)

RAM:
    OCZ Obsidian 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 Dual Channel

Motherboard:
    Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

Cooler:
    Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme CPU Cooler

HDD/s:
    Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache
    Western Digital WD3200AAJS 320GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 8MB Cache

SSD:
    OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SSD - 2.5" SATA-III - Read 525MB/s Write 475MB/s 80,000 IOPS

Sound Card
    Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Surround Sound Card with Built in Headphone Amp PCI

DVD Drive:
    LG GH22NS50 22x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive

Addtional Fan/s:
    Xilence XPF120R Red Wing 120mm Quiet Fan

PSU:
    600 watt EVO Labs

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc1fab9139ca; 2011-12-11 at 06:42 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would save the SSD and 1TB Samsung HDD for a new build if that is your plan. Then I could see you easily selling that system for $300 to $500 still. Saving the SSD and 1TB HDD just saves you a boat load of money at this point in time.

There a particular reason you want to sell it? If you want to upgrade, would rather just ditch/sell the motherboard+cpu+graphics card and get new ones to replace those. Certain things like the HDDs are ridiculously expensive right now and you'd lose money there by selling the current ones and buying new instead.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you are trying to make money then you might be able to sell it for $800, personally i wouldnt pay that much for it, but honestly if you just dont need your computer anymore, just give it away

the main issue is that people who are going to be able to understand the parts are only going to want certain parts, mainly your hard drives and ssd, they wont care about the rest, average joe wont understand the value of the parts and simply compare it to the $450 dell on the best buy shelf

The video card is really bad, it may be DX11 compatible, but other than that it has nothing going for it, and the Tuniq Tower is a bit much for a computer of that caliber, i would of just stuck with the stock heatsink/fan.

Other than that not too sure about the PSU, and the onboard sound would probably been fine.

6/10 *mainly because of the GPU*, otherwise would of been higher.

Deleted
    So based on suggestions of upgrading the mobo, cpu and gpu, what would you suggest within a price range of £300 to £350 ($470 to $550)