Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

If not Bioware then who would you have wanted?

Personally, I think its Bethesdas turn to jump into the mmo world, BUT I think its important bethesda doesn't whore out one of there current IP's to fit the mmo style (especially TEH), I would have liked to see bethesda take on a star wars mmo, but I think Bioware is definetly a good second option.

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    Personally, I think its Bethesdas turn to jump into the mmo world, BUT I think its important bethesda doesn't whore out one of there current IP's to fit the mmo style (especially TEH), I would have liked to see bethesda take on a star wars mmo, but I think Bioware is definetly a good second option.
    Bugs galore, no ty. I think BioWare is fine even though I haven't really played many of their games. As long as they don't turn into Blizzard I'm cool.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    Bugs galore, no ty. I think BioWare is fine even though I haven't really played many of their games. As long as they don't turn into Blizzard I'm cool.
    What, you mean listen to there client base and act accordingly? Yea, how dare Blizzard do that, bunch of assholes.

ROCKSTAR, just imagine GTA in the star wars universe

Bethesda is the only other company i can think of (outside Bioware and Blizzard) where I would be interested in the MMO based solely on them making it.
    Yub Yub

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Bethesda are making a Fallout MMO.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I thought it was outsourced to Interplay who were using a Bulgarian developer to make it?
    Yub Yub

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    fallout online is not bethesda if im not mistaken, are they working in a different one?

Deleted
    Bethesda hands down for me, even with all there bugs they make great looking games and content but i am biased, in all honesty though i think they would strugle to make an mmo with out a lot of isssues, look at skyrim.

Any MMO Bethesda made would probably be a sandbox MMO. Oh and seriously, it would definitely have to be Raven Software. An up to date Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast type MMO would be the bees knees son.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    Bethesda hands down for me, even with all there bugs they make great looking games and content but i am biased, in all honesty though i think they would strugle to make an mmo with out a lot of isssues, look at skyrim.
    I am biased in the opposite direction. I generally dislike sandbox type games.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    I thought it was outsourced to Interplay who were using a Bulgarian developer to make it?
    ..... Wait wut? >.>

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 08:35 PM ----------

fallout online is not bethesda if im not mistaken, are they working in a different one?
    Gee, I just assumed they were making it, but that Bulgarian bit... Geee...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

As for making a MMO I don't know, but as far as Making a KotoR game Obsidian did a good job with following in Biowares footsteps with number 2, but then again they already had the model for the game and just had to make updates and a good story line which they did manage to pull off well. Either way I did quit enjoy the story in KotoR II by Obsidian and the engine felt a bit better polished then number 1, but obviously that engine doesn't even matter in a MMO.

Pass.

They're games are have more bugs than a banana patch =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    What, you mean listen to there client base and act accordingly? Yea, how dare Blizzard do that, bunch of assholes.
    I think thats where they went wrong. 99% of players dont know shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no thanks. I just went through their games to double check and I must say, I haven't enjoyed any of their games. Fallout 3 was their first game I actually finished and my god doing that was so painful. Fallout: New Vegas was soooo much better. Too bad it wasn't theirs.

Edit: Talking about Bethesda, obviously.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Fallout MMO would be very cool. But currently someone else is developing it, but Bethesda has legal actions running against them because that developer didnt meet the agreement. Its possible Bethesda wants the option for themselves to develop a Fallout MMO.

Personally, i say hell yes. Fallout has a fantastic universe. TES, well to be honest. We have more then enough fantasy MMO's, but the broken post-apocalyptic scavanger/survivalist universe of Fallout. Now that is something i'd like to see.

I dont get all the hate TES gets, or actually. I guess i do. Something is popular, so its "cool" to hate it. "Look at me be diffirent! Look, see? I'm diffirent!" Get over yourselves.

Blizzard...

But, I'm not really sure what you're asking... 'If not Bioware then who would you have wanted?' Wanted to what? Make a SW MMO? Make a Sci Fi MMO? Just make a new MMO?

As for the TES comments... For one, since playing the first, and then the second, I always thought the world was 'big enough' to be an MMO... For two, how many would care if Skyrim hadn't come out yet? : ) People have short memories... Like how all the GOTY calling is for games released in Nov/Dec... Or a recent (Best Buy I think) ad where, again, it's about, come buy the year's best games from us, all released in the last few weeks... I think they have that same sale every month : )

-Alamar

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    I think thats where they went wrong. 99% of players dont know shit.
    Thank you. That and greed.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    No, I hate Bethesda because their games are utterly boring. Skyrim ? I played it for 5 days and then I got burnt out on it, as I pretty much saw all the fun stuff.

What I don't understand is how can so many people like their TES games and play them for so long.
    ^ this. Bethesda bores me.

bioware or nothing.

obsidian would me unfinished and buggy.