Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Datacrons locations

Just found this nice article that show the Datacrons locations and what stats you get from them. Whoever is interested, check : http://www.oldrepublic.net/270-datac...locations.html

Deleted
    "The webpage cannot be displayed" for me

Same here, just sends me to blank pages when i check out both.
    i've checked out torhead.com does have a list of datacrons, locations are usually in comments.

edit: link above looks good. Short yet clear descriptions on how, where, etc. better than torhead's comments
    Last edited by ChiefWigman; 2011-12-11 at 08:04 PM.

Can Republic get Empire datacrons and vice-versa?

I am obviously quite far behind in the what fors and whys of SWTOR, but from what I see these things aer pick ups that permanently improve your stats? Can you only pick them up once? Is there a guide to what they are somewhere?
    RETH

Deleted
    Is there a guide to what they are somewhere?
    Not that I've come across yet. If I get chance in the next couple of days I'll write one up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Datacrons are one-time use items that permanently increase your stats. You will find them hidden on the worlds you explore, and they often have some elements of puzzle solving or platforming required to reach them.

If both Imperials and Republic can visit a world, then they can both access the same datacrons. The planets that cannot be traveled to by the opposite faction have the same stats on the datacrons anyway, so it all comes out to be the same.

This site has videos to go along with the actual locations if you don't want to explore for yourself. You'll have to input it yourself (http and .html and all that) since I can't post an actual URL.

swtorstrategies.com/2011/10/complete-datacron-location-list

You can only get them once per character, and yes, they slightly increase one of your stats permanently.

Thanks, far too kind!
    RETH

Can't be positive about this with the forum wipes, but I think the devs have said some datacron locations will be moved for launch. I am positive that some of the locations were changed in at least 2 of the builds I tested though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Thanks, far too kind!
    This might explain a little more for you

http://r2-db.com/questions/129

http://www.swtor-spy.com/datacrons/

The best one I have found so far

This is the sight i will be using. Shows all datacrons sorted by planet, it list what they give and each one has a guide with many screen shots showing how to get them.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/datacrons/

Deleted
    oldrepublic.net has some great info, but it bugs me that they have so many spelling errors. It shows lack of effort in my opinion.

Datacron locations have been moved repeatedly throughout beta. I'd be surprised if many of them are where the current guides say they are come launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a list of just the number of datacrons per planet. I would like to look for them myself.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Is there a list of just the number of datacrons per planet. I would like to look for them myself.
    If you check my swtor guide at liberi-fatali.net/the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic-guide-and-faq/, there's a section on Datacrons that only lists what's available on each planet and how they work.

I also put a link there to SWTORHolonet's YouTube page with video walk-throughs for how to get each one, for the people that are interested in guides. They have a really good series for each planet. Like some people have said though, the locations on some will change after launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelenn View Post
    If you check my swtor guide at liberi-fatali.net/the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic-guide-and-faq/, there's a section on Datacrons that only lists what's available on each planet and how they work.

I also put a link there to SWTORHolonet's YouTube page with video walk-throughs for how to get each one, for the people that are interested in guides. They have a really good series for each planet. Like some people have said though, the locations on some will change after launch.
    Thx man, i had so much fun searching for a way to get to 1 of the Taris datacrons would like to do that for all rather then look up a guide.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Thx man, i had so much fun searching for a way to get to 1 of the Taris datacrons would like to do that for all rather then look up a guide.
    Yeah I added the YouTube link for people that just want to know, but I like finding them myself too. There were some in beta I must have spent over 40mins trying to study the rafters and pipes to figure out how to reach certain ones. Then after you figure out how to get there, there's still a series of dozens of leaps of faith jumps you gotta cross your fingers on heh.

Good times.