Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    ohohoho what a joke, blizz RMAH fees are outrageous

    http://www.mmocrunch.com/2011/12/09/...auction-house/

    but should we really be surprised as this is the direction that blizzard/activision have been going the last few years

  2. #2
    Knew this would be a huge gimmick the second it was announced.

    People would argue against it saying it would change gaming forever, and they would make a living from it. Bwhahaha

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire SarSil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Knew this would be a huge gimmick the second it was announced.

    People would argue against it saying it would change gaming forever, and they would make a living from it. Bwhahaha
    Hehe, yeah right! xD
    --

    Honestly, I'm not surprised. I always saw this as another way to get to your pocket, rather than giving players a chance to win some money.

    Hopefully the huge QQ that will follow will make them change their minds...a bit...

    Tbh, don't care. I don't plan on using that RMAH ever

  4. #4
    I laugh at the people who actually thought they will make a huge profit out of it

    I would never use it so I don't really care. I just want to see if the black market will be as big as Diablo II one, people will preffer to sell items on their own, not paying blizzard

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    Hehe, yeah right! xD
    --

    Honestly, I'm not surprised. I always saw this as another way to get to your pocket, rather than giving players a chance to win some money.

    Hopefully the huge QQ that will follow will make them change their minds...a bit...

    Tbh, don't care. I don't plan on using that RMAH ever
    i dont plan on playing d3 after all this bullshit with the rmah, its just going to be a bunch of babbys running around with their mom's credit cards stomping on people who dont have the time to bot whatever the equivalent of baal runs will be or dont have the money to get good stuff.


    yeah thats another thing, i bet the black market is going to be the same as it was in d2 because if the people truly looking to make a profit off selling items are trying to max profits they arent going to use the rmah they are going to go right back to spamming the shit out of games, "10% off runewords smitadin sets at d2goldsales.com!!!!! !!! ! ACT NOW !! !! " bull shit

  6. #6
    I don't think anyone actually thought it was going to be their salary, that said that article didn't even have any information on the fees themselves so I'll wait until values are put on them before making a decision to use it or not.

  7. #7
    Well, it will change the direction and feature set of future games by having RMT system within the game & built for the game. Making a living off gaming is the realm of fantasy mostly. That's looking at the innovation in the totally wrong light.

    People will pay large sums of cash for virtual items. They will pay even more for advantageous items. Outside of Asian F2Ps, we really haven't seen a company or franchise with the market muscle of Blizzard/Diablo put forth such a system.

    There are F2P MMOs in which hundreds of players pay ~$100-500 for items, weekly. Now consider such games are relatively small population compared to the truly mass market Blizzard games hit.

    The 1% that will spend a grand on Tryreal's Sword of Awesome +1 in Diablo 3 will be a much larger # of folks by numbers than the 1% of players who bought that $750 mount in Perfect World.

    That's the revolution. That's the industry changer. Not clearing your car note with Baal runs.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,740
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! I love it. Seeing Blizcavision falling flat on their face like this.

  9. #9
    Wait to overreact to theoretical numbers.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    i dont plan on playing d3 after all this bullshit with the rmah, its just going to be a bunch of babbys running around with their mom's credit cards stomping on people who dont have the time to bot whatever the equivalent of baal runs will be or dont have the money to get good stuff.


    yeah thats another thing, i bet the black market is going to be the same as it was in d2 because if the people truly looking to make a profit off selling items are trying to max profits they arent going to use the rmah they are going to go right back to spamming the shit out of games, "10% off runewords smitadin sets at d2goldsales.com!!!!! !!! ! ACT NOW !! !! " bull shit
    Don't like the RMAH? Play hardcore where you can't use it, not only that but your epeen will increase 10 fold because your like super hardcore and stuff.

  11. #11
    Why am I not surprised at all?
    Honestly, I think we all saw this coming.

  12. #12
    Other then the picture where are the numbers in the article?
    Is this another case of just people jumping the gun on whats going to happen because someone posted a picture of their version of it?


    Edit: How can guild wars 2 rank on their site as #3 among free mmo's when it's not out yet?
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-12-11 at 09:47 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire SarSil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    427
    I give it a couple of days until they come out to say those were only testing/fake/*insert BS here* values and the real cuts will be smaller.

    And some people will actually eat that and defend Blizzard to death.

    It wouldn't be the first time...nor the last...
    Last edited by SarSil; 2011-12-11 at 09:51 PM.

  14. #14
    Dreadlord Knightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    I give it a couple of days until they come out to say those were only testing/fake/*insert BS here* values and the real cuts will be smaller.

    And some people will actually eat that and defend Blizzard to death.

    It wouldn't be the first time...nor the last...
    ...and if the real cuts actually were smaller?
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

    Thank you Shyama for the awesome signature!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    ...and if the real cuts actually were smaller?
    That would be something to QQ about but look at the site in general, everything they post about blizzard or wow has some bullshit attitude attached to it, so you know, we should wait and see, and not go with a tabloidesque Pic with a informationless story.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  16. #16
    Christ, I too was all for the real world AH but that's just shameless, people aren't going to list items and certainly not cheap.

  17. #17
    Dreadlord Knightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    802
    I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

    Thank you Shyama for the awesome signature!

  18. #18
    Not going to use it so I don't care.

    This game is going to be so awesome, you people complaining make me more excited because I know you're not going to play it and I won't have to deal with whiners like you in game.

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire SarSil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    ...and if the real cuts actually were smaller?
    You actually believe they're going to give you money? Of course *wink*

    You are.........................Optimistic......

    Look, they're not doing this for your beautiful eyes, they're doing this for....wait for it....money (bolded it for impact)!

    And even if they make smaller cuts, those smaller cuts will most likely be the pre-cash out cuts, because that way they'll get the money anyways, comprende?

    /end rambling
    Seriously, just don't expect heaven. I doubt people will ever be able to do any decent kind of money out of this RMAH...too bad some people actually expected to make a living out of this, like if it was the future of gaming or whatever...
    Last edited by SarSil; 2011-12-11 at 10:09 PM.

  20. #20
    ohohoho stupid thread is speculatory. There are no actual fees listed yet so you've decided to jump on the bandwagon to bash something new before it's debut. Bravo sir! Way to QQ about something that you know nothing about in the general spirit of uninformed forum posters.

    Anonymity has made forums absolutely atrocious. If there were some transparancy maybe all this rediculous crying and whining about new things would finally stop and we could actually discuss things on a discussion board with actual facts to base said discussion on instead of this crap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •