Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    what if the prices are 0.1% 0.1% 0.1% ?

also "your owe us 0.25" lolol
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2011-12-11 at 10:15 PM.

Those are not the real fees. That is just an assumption by the person who made that article.

The article mentioned that the money has to "stay in the system"...?

Wouldn't that mean that any "real-world money" you made couldn't be taken out of the game, and could only be used to purchase other items for cash?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Wait to overreact to theoretical numbers.
    Exactly that.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I see is speculation, they are in the beta where they are testing the system at the moment nothing is set in stone. Also in the post it says Paypal fee is a %, I can't see they using that % on the total sellout price on AH but the actual money you have left after the other fees are removed. Doesn't even say where he got that weird 37.5% fee from paypal from. He is just pulling numbers out of thin air.

I'm confused as to the OP's topic, yeah there's 4 different fees, but do we know how much or a % of what those fees will be. I believe blizzard is probably 20x smarter than anyone that posts in this forum and would see that they would lose money on this b/c those "FAKE" numbers that that news outlet posted would indeed be outrageous.

Like it has been mentioned EVERYWHERE we all expected them to take a small chunk of our money for each auction sale. SOOOO if people on forums would THINK before they post which we all know isnt going to happen 99.9% of the time. All blizzard needs to do is take a small 2-5% of your sale of every dollar for you out there that cant do simple math thats 5 cents of every dollar for a listing transaction. Then maybe another 5% out of the actual sale. And the other fee which i dunno what it would be lets just say another 5% that means blizzard is taking 15 cents off of every dollar that you sell, you'd still be taking home 85 cents of every dollar so lets see here..

lets say you sell an amount of gold for 100$, out of that 100$ blizzard would take 15 dollars. In the end you would take home 85$!!! sooo you spent nothing on getting that item, and you just made 85 bucks you spent 60 on the game and you made 25$ from playing a game!

was it really that hard?

now if blizzard takes more than 50% of you money in the end i could see it being a retarded move on their part and they would have lost money. A company like blizzard would not take to much of each auction to make the RMAH, not used. If they did then they'd be losing all the money they invested in advertising that, creating it, and testing it/perfecting it.

Im basing this off the link the OP provided i haven't actually read if blizzard announced how much they are going to take or what. But what i saw was a website ASSUMING blizzard is going to charge a static amount per auction. and if they did that it would be even more ridiculous cause i doubt items will sell for more than a few bucks a piece otherwise no one in their right mind would buy shit for RL money.

GOOD DAY SIR

15+ Year Old Account
    They are discouraging people to take money out of system aka Battle.net. If you are casual RMAH user it's not really that punishing. Like article said you have limited ammount of free AH listings per week. Closing fee is applied to to everyone. Casual user like me don't care where the money goes so I will just deposit it to my Battle.net Balance hence rendering 3rd and 4th fees pointless. I hardly excepted you could make serious money from it to begin with. Current RMAH seems perfect for people like me who might find something awesome now and then and would like to sell it for some free cash to their B.net Balance. Eventually you will have enough money to buy something nice for yourself possibly game time for WoW, vanity items or item for your Diablo 3 char.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

So the article re-writes information already known (yes, we knew all along about the various ways Blizz would take cuts from your RMAH sales), surrounds it in 'Blizz are such greedy failboats trololololo', and apparently this is news?

1. The fees listed are assumed and, more importantly, FALSE.

2. The entire article is created for the sole purpose of riling up fanboys. Congratulations, OP: you fell for it.

3. I refuse to take a news site seriously when they make one of the most common and outright stupid grammatical errors you can make. 'Your owe us $0.25'. Terrible.

Let's wait and see what the actual fees are before getting excited, shall we?

Deleted
    All it takes is an article using fictive numbers, written in a manner that influences the reader to make negative assumptions to get most of the vocal Warcraft community to throw a fit.

As much as I'd like to debunk most of this bull, most of you are not worth it.

Christ.

It's really pathetic but I just can't resist doing at least something.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Are there any fees associated with using Battle.net Balance?
    Blizzard Entertainment does not charge additional fees to add to your Battle.net Balance or to use it to buy Blizzard Entertainment products. However, there are listing and transaction fees associated with the Diablo III currency-based auction house, regardless of the payment type.
    No other information is available.
    Last edited by mmocb9db9223dd; 2011-12-11 at 11:01 PM.

Good thing I was planning on playing in Hardcore mode where you can't even access the RMAH anyways... :P

That said, I'm having trouble finding where they got those prices that they are claiming. Are those prices on the beta?

Hopefully those prices, and the system of having to cash out every time wont go live.

Deleted
    Looking at https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marke.../merchant_fees, most Paypal Merchant Fees are at 2.9% of the amount + $0.30 transaction fee. There is a discounted version at 2.2% for "businesses with larger monthly sales volumes" which might apply.

So at least 30 cents lost on ANY sale. Kind of kills many small sales.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Panner View Post
    Looking at https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marke.../merchant_fees, most Paypal Merchant Fees are at 2.9% of the amount + $0.30 transaction fee. There is a discounted version at 2.2% for "businesses with larger monthly sales volumes" which might apply.

So at least 30 cents lost on ANY sale. Kind of kills many small sales.
    Because you are cashing out every 2 dollar sale to your paypal??

The money goes to your Battle.net Balance. Once you accumulate a decent amount there you can choose to transfer it to paypal as one of the possibilities.

Haha all these people flipping out over completely made up numbers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycki View Post
    Because you are cashing out every 2 dollar sale to your paypal??

The money goes to your Battle.net Balance. Once you accumulate a decent amount there you can choose to transfer it to paypal as one of the possibilities.
    Once funds or Diablo III auction house earnings have been added to your Battle.net Balance, you are not able to convert that Balance into cash.
    Emphasis mine.

It's hard to react to this when we don't know how much these fees will be. It's all about the sum. I'd rather three small fees than one large one that adds up to more than the three.

There go everyone's dreams of quitting their day jobs and playing D3 24/7. Lawl. Cmon now, did you seriously think you'd make a large amount of cash?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Did someone really overreact on a photoshopped picture of non-existing fees?

Epic fail is epic....

and "Your owe us"

HA!
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Seems a lot of folks are missing out on the fact the article is about cashing out the AH earnings.