Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Last thing that i don't think i seen anything mentioned on was the compatibly with MMOs. Like I said my SS mouse had virtually no compatibly with SWTOR or other MMOs i played (lotro and aoc). I heard some people had issues with the 1-12 on the Naga and others say there is a button on the button of the mouse to fix that, is this the case?? Has anyone with a G500 had issues with not being able to bind mouse buttons??

I have had the same Razer Naga for 2+ years now and no issues whatsoever. Most people who just come in going lolololRazer Sucks there products break after a few months are just haters.

But razer does suck and their products do break.
    +1 Logitech, you won't regret it.

Pretty much always owned Logitechs. Just got the Razar Naga about 4 months ago primarly for WoW and Starcraft (all control groups on the mouse )

Razer Naga is the best by far if you want the button space, and for me it made a huge difference. Its easy to use too. Very comfortable. It is also by far the coolest looing mouse I have had.

If you do get Logitech wait for deals on them like slickdeals.net. I have like 4 different logitech gaming mice not even a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    I have had the same Razer Naga for 2+ years now and no issues whatsoever. Most people who just come in going lolololRazer Sucks there products break after a few months are just haters.
    I've owned plenty of Razer stuff and I can with my experience, Razer is all about the box, nothing else. If you want a quality mouse go with Logitech.

Atm I got a G700, G9x, Deathadder 3.5 and 2x Razer Boomslang LE, all those Razer mouse has clicking problem and the Deathadder has rubberbandingy scroll as well.
    Those 2 Logitech mice are the best ones I ever used, it's really a big difference compared to Razer. Maybe I get the problem because of games like Dota2/HoN with avg 150-200 APM, but that shouldn't break a mouse in just 3-4 months.

Don't take me completely wrong, Razer stuff is nice while they are still working.
    Last edited by LeVvE; 2011-12-12 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought a G500, replaced a G5 I broke, and it is a good mouse overall but has some short comings. There are 3 side buttons, but the middle one is practically useless as its hard to hit accurately, and it cant be mapped to without using the logitech set point software. Without Set Point, I find the mouse has absolutely perfect acceleration and control, installing the software for some reason screws it up, uninstalling fixes it. So the 3rd button goes unused.

The other issue I have with the G500 is it has a gritty texture on the sides, that is disturbing to hold at first and you kind of get used to it, but it was not the great feel of the rubberized sides of my old G5.

So I am looking at alternatives, and I may end up buying a Corsair Vengeance M90 MMO mouse.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengea...3720838&sr=8-1

The button layout on it actually looks like something I could readily use, and I have a high respect for the brand buying their memory and cooling products for a while now.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Razer Naga, HANDS DOWN. I've had mine for two years now and it works just as well as the day I first plugged it in. When I was in ICC that winter, I could literally raid with one hand.

The G500 might be better for FPS's and other games though. If you're looking for an MMO mouse where you don't need to absolutely maximize your dpi, then the Naga is what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    Guess you are in the lucky 75% then. I was not, after dropping a $100 on a Blackwidow Mechanical Keyboard I had pieces literally popping out of it within a month. Due to poor design on Razer's part. Like putting a glowing plastic logo right where you rest your right hand below the space bar that works loose in a couple weeks.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the Naga does have durability issues (I'm on my 3rd in 2 1/2 years) it's a really nice mouse. I just can't seem to break myself of it.

Well after playing with both at my local BB I decided on the Naga, im a little scared of the double click issue but im very easy on my equipment and still have my steel series on if i goto travel or whatever. Thanks for all the info and input.

Quote Originally Posted by LeVvE View Post
    I stopped using Razer mice because they all fail after just a few months, scroll gets all rubberbandingy and right/left click starts double tapping.
    This was 4x Deathadder and 1x Mamba, same thing to all of them so I guess it's the same with all Razer mice.
    Ignore this, i have had my naga for over 6 months and i play 40+ on it each week from games to work and had zero issues...