Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sith Marauder, because dual-wielding lightsabers just screams out badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that Sith Inquisitors also have a Warlock-like spec as well. So you have the lightning for the Mage lovers, and Madness for the Warlock lovers. Those are two of the most popular classes in WoW. Its not surprising that so many are rolling in that direction. They can also heal.

On the melee side of things, you have tanking, a Rogue-like spec, and a melee/caster hybrid like Enhancement Shaman.

I'm probably rolling on the Jedi side of things, but its not surprising that Inquisitors are so popular.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2011-12-12 at 06:41 AM.

Token Smuggler here. Love their recuperate animation. And their shotgun to the face. And kick in the nuts.

I have a feeling alot of people are gonna reroll to smugs and agents in the next few months.

Deleted
    My entire thought process in Beta was:

"Which class allows me to get access to a dual-bladed, red coloured light saber?"

I then chose that class.

Sith Inquisitor here tbh, although a Sorcerer as I'm one of those that don't like to dps... at all. I'm a bit bummed that you cannot pick a class with both tank and healing in the same AC, that would have been my obvious choice! But as I like the priest/pally healing in WoW, I figured SI:S was the way to go and after testing it in the beta to around 20, I was convinced.

All this with being a unique little flower, yadda yadda, is something I couldn't care less about as it's only by name and looks. The skill will still make certain people unique, no matter if they have the same hat!

I just love the look of the double-bladed lightsaber. I loved it in the original 2 KOTOR games, and I loved it in Jedi Academy. I expect that I will eventually have a max level consular and inquisitor, as time passes.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played one in Beta - mainly because im always drawn to casters, and have always had a thing for Lightning be it RL or In game They are damn fun tho

I went into Beta with Jedi Knight Guardian as my main, tried SI a bit didn't really like it, JG was fun as hell.

but than I made the mistake of trying Bounty Hunter, the whole production of SW:TOR i have followed, and the entire time i thought Fuck BH's and Smugglers and shit BRING ON THE FORCE USERS!.

Yet I tried my BH, and i must say i fell in love with it.

Massive props to Bioware, for Making classes inside a Star Wars game, that don't use the force so goddamn fun and interesting at the same time

BH MERC AT LAUNCH BABY!
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    SI sorcerer. Leveling as a healer was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Guillotine811 View Post
    People are playing sorcerors because they are the closest thing to a caster class in other MMOs and force lightning is badass. And people are playing assassins because they get the double bladed light saber (darth maul is a badass). That's about it.
    Pretty much this, indeed. I'm not yet clear on the path I'll be choosing, but Inq will be my first choice for the coming months.

I am going to be one of those because it would let me have a stealth dps class with a tanking off-spec. Something I always wish I could do on a rogue in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    The playstyle of assassin is not at all like a rogue, its an enh shaman clone.

And yes to the purple light saber question:

http://imageshack.us/f/408/screenshot2011111919194.jpg/
    When did Enhance get backstab?
    LOLINFRACTED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegam View Post
    As I've looked around different forums, One thing I've noticed is it seems a huge majority of people plan to play SI in one AC or another. Are people playing it because it's actually a interesting class with pew pew lasers, or simply because it seems to be the FOTM with seemingly the most powerful heals/dps specs atm.
    If you look at Republic and Sith class skills and talents you will notice that they are exact mirrors of each other just with different animations and renamed spells, a Sith Inquisitor Spec/Spell/Damage/Heal is a exact mirror of Jedi Consular... Same goes for every class/advanced class they are mirrors of the opposite faction even down to the exact location the talents are in the trees not just up and down but even left to right.

So to say its better or worse then every other spec/class would be to say the exact same thing about the consular since they are mirrors... as for me the main reason I would go Inquisitor is purely for that storyline and nothing else... Its a very story driven game and should be played as such, you should never pick a class because its OP or UP at a launch of a game or major patch since rebalancing gets done all the time, people should play what feels good to them and what story they want to play through. Either way on my Sith server 2 of my first 3 toons (one tank one heal one dps) are going to be the non force user classes and yes the one force user I am making is going to be a SI Assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by heyvid21 View Post
    They also say that the SI class story is one of the worst, second only to the Jedi Consular's class story.
    Story quality is personal preference. To say one book or another is worse then another is like someone to try to tell someone who hates Rootbeer but loves Sprite how Rootbeer is better then Sprite... it all comes down to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Guillotine811 View Post
    People are playing sorcerors because they are the closest thing to a caster class in other MMOs and force lightning is badass. And people are playing assassins because they get the double bladed light saber (darth maul is a badass). That's about it.
    I definitly agree with the caster part, it and the Sage counterpart are the only "real casters", as for the saber part, eh for some people yes, for me its the concept of playing a Clothie tank with some stealth, but thats just because it makes for an interesting play style for me.

Again it all pretty much comes down to personal prefference wither it be storyline, playstyle, or what have you, I don't think anyone this early into an MMO would pick a class to be OP/UP since you don't have any real good data to back that up since you don't even know if the last beta build is what is going live or if they had 1 more class rebalance between beta and live.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2011-12-12 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Story quality is personal preference. To say one book or another is worse then another is like someone to try to tell someone who hates Rootbeer but loves Sprite how Rootbeer is better then Sprite... it all comes down to personal preference.
    True, it is preference. But using your example of books, some books millions of people like... other books the majority of the population agrees are terrible.

Most people saying the JC story is bad are impatient + the story does start off weaker than some of the others. As it progresses, though, it gets very, very solid.

Pew. Pew. Lasers.

Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    When did Enhance get backstab?
    When did Rogues use spells in their rotation? And no, weapon attacks are not spells. So do not try that excuse.

I'm going to play an Assassin first. Because they are fun (to me) and I don't care about being a snowflake.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I went SI: Assassin in beta which was/perhaps still is, what I plan to play once live. Though Im considering going sorc as well as a friend said he was doing very well soloing some really hard stuff as such.

One thing I didnt like with the assassin is that in group situations where you wanted to stealth in to set up to bstab your party already had wiped from range most mobs or jumped into the fray before you could even get set up to do so. You got the pickoffs only. One group I was in the bounty hunter just dominated everything like there was no tomorrow. The sorc in the group basically was the second most active with their healing etc otherwise. Felt like I and the others were just along for their ride hehe.

Story wise, I didnt care for the starting story for SI's Their jedi counterpart's story was a bit more engaging imo and seemed more consistent.

I did find the consular's object throw to be more useful in combat/kiting than the SI's counter version with lightning but I may revisit that to test once live to see. It seemed more mobile/fire n forget.

Shadows in groups do better off once they get to their 20s, Sanguine. Infiltration gets a base speed buff and Force Speed, Kinetic gets Force Speed on a lower cooldown, Balance gets a low CD, low cost Ranged AoE nuke that hits everything hard... and Force Speed.