Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elitenls View Post
    Malphaz: you should get on the website now and pre-load it; it's easier in the long run than to run in to the issue if I'm right (and I most likely am).
    This dude speaks much truth. If you're going to blow it out anyways, do it now while the server traffic is relatively light(ish). But sticking with the bloated client probably won't hurt anything.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

I reformatted on Friday; and I re-downloaded all 18.4GB today. I'm on Comcast shit-cable, so I topped it at like 1.1Mbit, and it still only took 3 or 4 hours. I put up Christmas lights outside while I was waiting. Not a huge deal, and now I'm ready when I get my e-mail.

Think about this: retailers have had the discs for two weeks or so, and it takes about 3 weeks to press a million copies and box them, plus shipping. The version of the game that's on the DVD that your'e going to get in your box is from two months ago. There have been MANY build changes since then. You're going to end up probably downloading 10GB of stuff easy. Hope you're not on shitty DSL.
    I think you're way to high on that download size come release.

I bet it not more than 1 gig if you played Thanksgiving weekend or after.

Those that were before then most likely have data they do not need and should uninstall and start over fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I think you're way to high on that download size come release.

I bet it not more than 1 gig if you played Thanksgiving weekend or after.

Those that were before then most likely have data they do not need and should uninstall and start over fresh.
    The question was "after install disc", not after Thanksgiving beta. After Thanksgiving beta test is only a GB, maybe 2 - but that was not the question.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you'll hit your download cap (poor you), there is really no reason to keep the Beta client from Thanksgiving. It's easier, and better in the long run to delete that client and just re-download it. With this much time beforehand I'd see no reason why people wouldn't opt to do this.

I can't remember exactly when SW:TOR went Gold, but I can't imagine there being more than 5gb of downloading to do.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-12-12 at 08:14 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    18.4GB? Really? Dude, it's like double that.

The game's install is 4 Dual-Layer DVDs.

My current game folder is 34.7GB and ready to go.
    lol i played on the beta and mines only 18.5GB you might want to check your install

i updated my beta client from last weekend and the folder is 19.5gb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    18.4GB? Really? Dude, it's like double that.

The game's install is 4 Dual-Layer DVDs.

My current game folder is 34.7GB and ready to go.
    A fresh install should be around 18.5 gigs. My installation after a few updates the last days is sitting at 19.5 gigabyte.

Nearly 35 gigs is ridiculous though, when you get the chance you should reinstall the game.

Deleted
    recieved a reply lads btw. Relatively vague like a good customer service blurb ive cut out their droid name and my own and other stuff.

".....we have received your transmission regarding the installation of the physical installer.

Thank you for your concern. With regards to your issue, after installing the game, you don't need to download anything. The game will automatically patch itself for the current updates to take effect and thats it. As for the size of the patch, it will depend on the updates at that time. But it will surely be not as big as the ones you mentioned.

Hope this answers your concerns ...."

In a way it does it suppose. 19 gigs (the amount i mentioned to them) at my Eircom speeds .3 of a meg so 356k a second at very maximum (ireland is about 10 years behind the rest of the world) should take me yonkers. early access would blow my socks off so ill probably just put her running now and grin and bare it
    Last edited by mmoc21829a8d84; 2011-12-12 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphaz View Post
    Aye you dastardly devils and your early access and lovely internet isp's!!!
    I've been riding on my university's library connection for every beta download. My connection at hom is God aweful, but witht eh pre-download it's not a problem :P
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    I've been riding on my university's library connection for every beta download. My connection at hom is God aweful, but witht eh pre-download it's not a problem :P
    i wish dude i wish.. im in a small town in the ass end of cork. so no nice juicy government provided net around for me to piggyback on.

The question was "after install disc", not after Thanksgiving beta. After Thanksgiving beta test is only a GB, maybe 2 - but that was not the question.
    Yes I know but I'm betting it's similar. The reason being as the game disc's have been gold and sent out to make before Thanksgiving weekend. If thats true and I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Thanksgiving weekend players and after should have a very similar download to what the disc's contain from the box.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Yes I know but I'm betting it's similar. The reason being as the game disc's have been gold and sent out to make before Thanksgiving weekend. If thats true and I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Thanksgiving weekend players and after should have a very similar download to what the disc's contain from the box.
    If they did get pressed after Thanksgiving weekend, then yeah, there's like 2GB more to download and then it's G2G - but I thought I read places that said that retailers had it before that beta weekend. *shrug* Doesn't really matter, unless you have a download cap (*shudder*).

Deleted
    Edited op

195 mg.

hope this helps others