Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the best rogue race for Alliance?

Just wondering what is the best race to play a Rogue on the Alliance side for PvP.

I remember dwarfs being really strong against Ferals and Warriors ( remove bleed ), but Humans double trinket can be really useful to burst someone down, and I imagine that Dark Flight has it uses. So what is the consensus?

This question has been asked a million times, and the best answer is go with what you like best. My own rogue is a Night elf, and I friggen love Shadowmeld. Its really like a second vanish, and even with dots, its enough to break target and make a getaway.

^Or, cheapshot, Shadowmeld, Restealth and apply opener again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Just wondering what is the best race to play a Rogue on the Alliance side for PvP.

but Humans double trinket can be really useful to burst someone down, and I imagine that Dark Flight has it uses. So what is the consensus?
    Every Man for Himself and the PvP trinket now share a cooldown. So, there goes that idea. Overall, I like my worgen for the double sprint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    I would, personally, vote for Worgen. Reasoning?
    1. Darkflight + Sprint = consecutive speed boosts without popping a potion. Add a potion of speed, and you're ace.
    2. Free bonus crit from Viciousness.
    3. Running Wild - it might seem odd, but not running around a BG on a mount can help make you a tad bit harder to pick out while on the run.
    4. Aberration racial - any reduced duration of curses and diseases = hope for survival.
    5. If by chance you decide to do any PVE, you've got the best Alliance race for all the rogue specs already firmly in place.

#FlightIsImportant

Night Elf, or Human are the best.

Reason:

Night Elf has a pseudo-vanish that drops combat, and also puts them in a stealth state. (allowing you to Shadowmeld sap/garrote/cheap shot)

As well, I believe you can dodge some CCs by timing the shadowmeld correctly.

Humans can have a PvE trinket, or a PvP proc trinket. It provides a huge benefit over the other races, especially if trinkets with the impact of pre-nerf Unheeded Warning are released.

Gnome/Dwarf/Worgen are pretty minor racials. Gnome is decent for fighting a Frost Mage, Dwarf for fighting a feral druid, and Worgen is slightly more useful, but still pretty inferior to the above two.

I'd rate the races as: Human ---> Night Elf -------------------> Worgen -> Gnome -> Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Well Blizzard stupidly made Humans unbalanced. So my advice is:

If you want a PvP toon, and your class can be a human go with that.
    I disagree. Of the classes Humans can be, I think Warlock/Priest are better off as Worgen.

At the very least, Warlock. I'm kind of divided on priests.

Deleted
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings...=0&class_id4=4
    Can't trust too much about how up-to-date that is, but I see no Worgen there, rarely Night Elves and even rarer - Gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings...=0&class_id4=4
    Can't trust too much about how up-to-date that is, but I see no Worgen there, rarely Night Elves and even rarer - Gnomes.
    It's the in thing to play a human female.

Even though they're the most derpy thing on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    I would, personally, vote for Worgen. Reasoning?
    1. Darkflight + Sprint = consecutive speed boosts without popping a potion. Add a potion of speed, and you're ace.
    2. Free bonus crit from Viciousness.
    3. Running Wild - it might seem odd, but not running around a BG on a mount can help make you a tad bit harder to pick out while on the run.
    4. Aberration racial - any reduced duration of curses and diseases = hope for survival.
    5. If by chance you decide to do any PVE, you've got the best Alliance race for all the rogue specs already firmly in place.
    Couple of notes:

- Dwarves are the slipperiest rogues in the game. Bleeds and diseases are the primary dots of multiple classes (warriors, druids, DKs) and Stoneform kills those. It also kills Poisons, which can give you a major edge in Rogue v Rogue fights. Stoneform can be used to clear dots to allow an escape without needing to burn Cloak of Skill.

- Gnomes get a personal one-shot Hand of Freedom. They're all really tiny and have the most irritating laugh in the game. You also get expertise for daggers, which is what you'll be using in PvP.

- Humans get an extra trinket slot.

- Worgen can combo Darkflight with different things for some pretty wild mobility. You can outrun people on epic ground mounts with a Darkflight+Sprint combo, and almost catch them with a Darkflight+Swiftness Potion combo.

Oh, and Aberration doesn't affect curses and diseases. It just gives you a boost to Shadow and Nature resistance
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Vampurity View Post
    Every Man for Himself and the PvP trinket now share a cooldown. So, there goes that idea. Overall, I like my worgen for the double sprint.
    Rather than use the PVP trinket, humans can get the same function out of their racial, and use the extra trinket slot for a second DPS trinket (hence why he mentioned it's good for bursting someone down).

Except draenei and dwarf I'd say most race are pretty badass for rogue in the alliance

Human: Free PVP trinket (more dmg trinket)
    Worgen: x2 sprint
    Nightelf: x2 vanish (if used properly)
    Gnome: Escap artist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicochon View Post
    Except draenei and dwarf I'd say most race are pretty badass for rogue in the alliance

Human: Free PVP trinket (more dmg trinket)
    Worgen: x2 sprint
    Nightelf: x2 vanish (if used properly)
    Gnome: Escap artist
    Why are you discounting Dwarf? Stoneform is a fucking amazing ability for every class dwarves can be and will give you a serious edge fighting other Rogues (let alone cats, DKs, and warriors.) They're probably the best possible Alliance race for Rogues, or are at least tied with Humans, with Gnomes a slightly distant third.

The major advantage Humans get is that extra trinket slot. Since Rogues generally work on not being pounded on, they don't really need a Resilience trinket anyway, and there are a lot of fantastic PvE trinkets that non-Humans simply wouldn't get. If you're able to raid consistently, Humans are the best Rogues in the entire game. If you can't raid or don't want to be just one more damned Human, Dwarf is absolutely the best choice for Alliance.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    dwarf and nelf r best imo. nelfs have higher dodge, better stealth and an extra vanish. dwarfs can remove poisons and bleeds, its like cloak of shadows.
    humans r really good too if u can raid and get some good trinkets.
    worgens r good for all of their racials.
    gnomes r pretty good for escape artists.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how much weight you wanna put into it but the person with most honorable kills in WOW at around 1.5mil is Dwarf Rogue, take it as you will

here he is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...goben/advanced
    Last edited by Vantheus; 2011-12-12 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Not sure how much weight you wanna put into it but the person with most honorable kills in WOW at around 1.5mil is Dwarf Rogue, take it as you will
    And he's also never gotten above 1750 arena rating I believe.

Practice does not make perfect. =\

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    And he's also never gotten above 1750 arena rating I believe.

Practice does not make perfect. =\
    BG's and arenas are two vastly different games, but you're right. Some of my toons i do great in arena and shit in bg's, others it's the other way around, overall i blow at pvp though, i only arena b/c i like making stupid team names :-)

Go Gnome. Nothing is more delightful than the thought of Undead male rogues raging when they've just been killed by something that doesn't come up past their knees.
    RETH

i think those two charts pretty show give a clear answer.

human is the only race if you're going to try competitive pvp