Thread: Syria

Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    It's not up to the US or any other country to fight Syria's internal conflicts. Enough of the world-policing. Syria can and should handle itself. Or better yet, let the arab league handle this arab conflict. I always find it funny people like the Syrians are in the streets screaming Death to America when America does something they don't like, but when they need help they are screaming for America to save them.
    Amen.

This reminds me of this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Ma%27arra

Just who's the cannibal now in this tangled Middle East tormoil? The dictators or those who allowed the dictators to remain in power when it suited them?

And who now fans the flames of war, again?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not up to the US or any other country to fight Syria's internal conflicts. Enough of the world-policing. Syria can and should handle itself. Or better yet, let the arab league handle this arab conflict. I always find it funny people like the Syrians are in the streets screaming Death to America when America does something they don't like, but when they need help they are screaming for America to save them.
    There are more ways to help than military interventions. The western world would like more to arm the rebels than actually make another Libya.
    If there would at some point be a military intervention it would be under the UN and not a NATO operation.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    There are more ways to help than military interventions. The western world would like more to arm the rebels than actually make another Libya.
    If there would at some point be a military intervention it would be under the UN and not a NATO operation.
    And not the Africans?

Why does the West have to deal with these governments that often the West had supported through the Cold War now? Egypt/Iraq/Iran dictators and even Bin Laden were all supported by the West. Literally millions in those countries died by those dictators.

When I see warfare there I see the blood on Western hands for interfering. Going in now as "saviors" stinks even more. There's plenty of attonements to be made, as the West is living in complete and utter hypocrisy, otherwise. We setup those puppet governments and now cry "foul" when they revolt against the West?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    And not the Africans?

Why does the West have to deal with these governments that often the West had supported through the Cold War now? Egypt/Iraq/Iran dictators and even Bin Laden were all supported by the West. Literally millions in those countries died by those dictators.

When I see warfare there I see the blood on Western hands for interfering. Going in now as "saviors" stinks even more. There's plenty of attonements to be made, as the West is living in complete and utter hypocrisy, otherwise. We setup those puppet governments and now cry "foul" when they revolt against the West?
    Totally agree, Western World is the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

Might have missunderstood your post a bit regarding Africa.
    Do you mean stepping into civil wars etc in Africa?
    If so, western world have done that plenty. Enough? Naa more to be done and as you say there are many conflicts left alone simply cos we got no interest in the area.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-02-26 at 11:34 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was a competent enough 100% African force sure. There is not.
    And why aren't they 100% compatible?

15+ Year Old Account
    Still unsure what you meant, can you clarify.
    Edited the post after I got unsure what you meant

10+ Year Old Account
    Still unsure what you meant, can you clarify.
    Edited the post after I got unsure what you meant
    Why doesn't Africa have a competent military presence to defend their own interests?

The West wouldn't want it, but every country on the planet has the right to defend itself, as they can't rely on another country to do it for them. Vietnam is a classic example, when the US pulled out in 1975, letting the country fall and all that helped the US faced the NVA. To me that's a national disgrace, to interfere in another country for our self-interests, then leaving them behind when it became to unpopular and letting them rot.

A lot of painful history in all of this about Empire building.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont agree with western world having a purpose in itself to keep Arfica unstable as a continent.
    I dont think that is true. It would become a better place quicklier, without all multiinternational coorperations for sure but there is not overall agenda from the western world to keep Africa behind.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just another war in the middle-east to us westerners by now. Sad to say it, but it's hard to pay these things much heed. We've gotten so desensitized to conflict in that region.
    It's a struggle that they'll have to suffer alone I'm afraid. Too much at stake for us to get involved again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    It's just another war in the middle-east to us westerners by now. Sad to say it, but it's hard to pay these things much heed. We've gotten so desensitized to conflict in that region.
    It's a struggle that they'll have to suffer alone I'm afraid. Too much at stake for us to get involved again.
    Agree to some extent with this. Since the idiotic US War on Terror there is an increase in muslim terrorism/extremism as well all over the world wich further alienate alot of westernes from wanting their governments to fiddle in the muslim world, regardless if the motives are honorable or not.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-02-26 at 12:08 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Totally agree, Western World is the pinnacle of hypocrisy.

Might have missunderstood your post a bit regarding Africa.
    Do you mean stepping into civil wars etc in Africa?
    If so, western world have done that plenty. Enough? Naa more to be done and as you say there are many conflicts left alone simply cos we got no interest in the area.
    I find it hillarious that you call the west the pinnacle of hypocricy. That's just the tip of the iceberg on blatant racism against caucasians. All other continents have just as much hypocricy and madness as the one we happen to be on.

We've seen what intervention gives to us: Nothing.
    Heck, people seem to end up hating us even more when the UN actually does step in to help. No small wonder that the UN are so cautious with intervention, we get shit for it no matter how we do it. And when we do help, we're still given shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it hillarious that you call the west the pinnacle of hypocricy. That's just the tip of the iceberg on blatant racism against caucasians. All other continents have just as much hypocricy and madness as the one we happen to be on.
    But other continents does not have as much military or economic power, thats why.

Heck, people seem to end up hating us even more when the UN actually does step in to help. No small wonder that the UN are so cautious with intervention, we get shit for it no matter how we do it. And when we do help, we're still given shit.
    Biggest reason the UN seem powerles at times is cos of the veto's, all but 2 of them are also held by western countries.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-02-26 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    While this is true that the West isn't the only "bad guys" in the world, but this whole Middle East mess was created by the West.

But the West has attonements to make to interfere so much and purposely keep the African continent a puppet government region for Western geopolitical policies.

What personally disturbs me in all this is what my mom and her family suffered through in WWII Japan, repeating on another family in the Middle East. It doesn't matter what country they're from, the people aren't any different from our own.

Wars are horrible things. They kill so much that is so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    this whole Middle East mess was created by the West.
    I know right, prior to the West interfering the middle east was so peaceful and tolerant, one only needs to review their history to see that....

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    I know right, prior to the West interfering the middle east was so peaceful and tolerant, one only needs to review their history to see that....
    Why yes, prior to the crusades (and mongols wrecking half of it a bit later on) the islmaic world was the pinnacle of mankind.

10+ Year Old Account
    And not the Africans?

\

Generally speaking, when you buy someone off, you expect them to remain bought.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    It's not an excuse to continue 2,000 year wars, especially with the help from foreigners.

You would think humans would be more intelligent and logical within that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
    Why yes, prior to the crusades (and mongols wrecking half of it a bit later on) the islmaic world was the pinnacle of mankind.
    Ok, I'm sure when the Persian Empire was at it's peak it never once committed an act of violence.

The Perisan empire is anachronous with islam, but no empire was build without, not even the empires of today keep themselves in their position without.
    Last edited by Mirko; 2012-02-26 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an excuse to continue 2,000 year wars, especially with the help from foreigners.

You would think humans would be more intelligent and logical within that time.
    No, not really. People with temporal power will always want more, and occasionally you have a religious person who really does want to share their religion with everyone, even if it means doing so at swordpoint (or gunpoint these days.)

Thinking war will ever stop being a "thing" is about as naive as you can get.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow