Thread: Syria

Page 1 of 87
... LastLast

The Syrian Revolution - Help Us

Hello,
    You probably never heard of Syria before, so I'll give you a brief. It's a country in the middle east, capital is Damascus which is the oldest capital in the world. Syria is the birthplace of the Alphabet. It's a Republic.

Al-Asad family is ruling Syria since more than 40 years. The father
    ( Hafez Al-Asad ) ruled for 30 years and after his death his son ( Bashar Al-Asad ) was elected as president.
    They are dictators, their party ( Al-Baath ) is the only party which is allowed to rule in Syria, other parties are worthless, they are just to complete the image they give to the world that Syria is a democratic country. According to the constitution ( they created it ) the president can rule forever. Hafez used to be the only candidate for elections because they want that, no one can even say a word about it, we can only vote with Yes or No, and no dare to vote by No because it means the end of his life. most people used to not vote at all. Anyway, Hafez used to "win" by 99%. When he died, they changed the constitution in 15 minutes so his son ( Bashar ) can rule because he was younger than the required age. Bashar was a big hope for people, they thought he would make big changes. At the beginning he made a lot of promises, and allowed people to speak freely ( we never dared to even say Hafez is bad, because the security/intelligence would arrest us ), so people felt he is good, but after less than 1 year, everything went back as it was.

Al-Asad family and their relative and the people who are close and have good relations with them are using Syria to increase their wealth. As to the latest reports, Al-Asad family wealth is more than 40 Billion Dollars. A relative to Bashar called Rami Makhlof monopolizes almost all the Syrian market. we have only 2 mobile networks, he owns big part of each of them, and they are very expensive, and when other companies tried to enter the Syrian market he didn't allow them. If I want to make a big business, he either wants to be part of it and sometimes he steal it from you, and if you refuse to corporate with him he will accuse you with any sort of crime and send the security to arrest you. Everything is corrupted, every single establishment, every single minister, every single cop ( there are good people in the regime of course but they are few and can barely do anything ).
    You need to bribe all the time in governmental foundations, otherwise your issues will either get ignored or delayed for months.
    the judiciary is corrupted, judges can be bribed, if I have a case against anyone who is close to or from the regime I will 100% lose it. They can alter the facts and make the right comes wrong and the wrong comes right.

The education is bad as hell, our university is at the rank of 5900 of the world universities. 70% of our professors don't know a thing about what they are teaching use, they just get the job because they are in Al-Baath party or close to the regime. We need to learn everything ny heart, books and notes of hundred pages need to be learned by heart because that's the only way to pass in exams, even in scientific colleges ( I'm an engineer ), and more than 80% of our subjects need to be learned by heart.

It's not allowed to say that minister X is bad or judge Y is bad because you will get arrested by the security.
    About 3 months ago, a bunch of kids in Deraa ( a Syrian city in the south ) write on a wall "The people want the regime to fall", they probably copied it from the TV while watching news in Egypt or Tunisia, anyway the security arrested those kids to interrogate them. They tortured them, yes they tortured little kids, they take off their nails. After they were released some brave men marched to the security station, the commander of this station immediately ordered his men to shot the people, some died and some were wounded, then he prevented the ambulance to transport the injured to the hospital so the wounded were moved to the Mosque where some doctors tried to heal them.
    That was when the revolution started. 11 years of promises about countering the corruption and making some real correction in the country, but all were lies, so the people couldn't take it any more.

The revolution started slowly then began to spread. The regime never expected that, they got mad, they couldn't handle how the people say No to them. An army was sent to Deraa ( yeah real army, tanks and stuff ) and it was besieged for weeks, snipers on the roofs killing every moving person. Deraa was cut off of bread, telephone lines, electricity and milk. They wanted to terrorize the people so other cities won't dare to start demonstrations. But they were wrong.

And to cover this crusade they said in the national media that there is a global conspiracy against Syria, and they went to Deraa to save the people from armed gangs who are killing the people, and they even said that the people themselves called the army for help. They disallowed any foreign media ( even Arabic media ) from entering the Syrian boarders, so the people started to use their mobile phones to record every action the army do and upload it to the internet when they get the chance.

Demonstrations are now in almost all over the country calling for our Freedom, and the people swear to maintain a peaceful demonstration until the Regime falls. Still the army is using the ugliest methods and lies to kill the people. They even killing any soldier who refuse to shot the civilians.

More than 1500 Martyrs - including a lot of kids - a lot of them died under torture, more than 15000 arrested and most of them are tortured and more than 10000 escaped to Turkey, and Turkey was very generous and welcomed all the people. Angelina Jolie visited the Syrian who escaped to Turkey as the Goodwill Ambassador. The army is now attacking every city and every village where there is demonstrations.
    The world is just watching, some countries want to take a decision against Syria but Russia and China both threatened that they will use Veto because simply they have benefits with this regime and they don't care if people die or not.

You can help us. All I'm asking is that you help us to let the world know. Please consider 10 minutes of your time and spread this, tell your friends, your family and your neighbors. Let them read this thread. Let the people know what is really going on in Syria. There are lot of videos on youtube showing what the regime is doing. I have created a video which summarize the corruption of the regime and gives proofs about the lies our media did to support the regime. They made huge lies to convince the people that there are armed gangs. I've added English subtitle to my video. Watch it and watch other videos. You can Help us.

If you want to know more you can read on this page in Facebook http://facebook.com/ShaamNewsNetwork
    This is the link to my video >> http://youtube.com/watch?v=jEhVTbaKNwc
    Good article >> http://independent.co.uk/opinion/com...d-2300296.html

People are dying while the world is watching. You can help.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-06-21 at 02:58 PM.

oh wow. things like this break my heart to read
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Shouldn't this be in Off Topc

Deleted
    But Damascus kinda sounds like Darnassus. Now it is related to WoW!

/facedesk. Crimes against humanity are being carried out and all you care about is the correct forum being used?

OT: I've been keeping up with the crisis in Syria (through the BBC) for a while now, I truly hope that President Al-Asad steps down (or at least delivers on these promised reforms).

Deleted
    Sub-Forums are there for a reason...WoW is for escapism NOT world affairs that's broadcast on news 24 7

here is there website: http://syrianrevolution.org/

I
    wouldnt mind having it in the general forums for a second. The more people see this the more help I suppose?
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

15+ Year Old Account
    It will get more positive attention in Off-Topic. Leaving it in WoW general wouldn't give the thread the attention that anyone wants.

It's sad what's happening, I'll do my fair share of telling people. Just stay safe.

noteworthynerd and Sauredfangs, thank you mates for your support. And yes i posted it in the General forums hoping for more people to see it.

The president gave a speech yesterday and it was disappointing, same old crap about global conspiracy and armed gangs who have super advanced weapons and communication device. He still refuses to admit that the army and security killed, tortured, humiliated people and ravaged houses and stores.

I would be grateful if an admin correct my links.

Deleted
    This is tragic. Torturing kids? Horrible. My main issue is how we can help. Let's be honest with ourselves, the world's leaders won't intervene with militarian support or anything like that unless there's something they can get out of it. So other than peace demonstrations, how can we actually help?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    It will get more positive attention in Off-Topic. Leaving it in WoW general wouldn't give the thread the attention that anyone wants.

It's sad what's happening, I'll do my fair share of telling people. Just stay safe.
    Thanks a lot mate, and if that is the case then it would be great if an admin can move it there. All I want is more people to know about us.
    Thanks again.a

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    This is tragic. Torturing kids? Horrible. My main issue is how we can help. Let's be honest with ourselves, the world's leaders won't intervene with militarian support or anything like that unless there's something they can get out of it. So other than peace demonstrations, how can we actually help?
    Syrian around the world are making peaceful set-in supporting us and asking the president to leave. If there is one near you, being with them would raise their spirit. Making a peaceful set-in with your friends in front of the Syrian embassy would be great.

Morale support is very important and very effective.

Thanks a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Help people escape, but that has a 99.9999999% fail chance.
    Spread the word, so we're in a majority and see if we can move our lazy asses over there.
    Might take many people lots of money though, so I doubt this will happen, but I'd hope.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just wondering how many more countries we are gonna have to help with their problems. When did nations stop solving their own stuff?

It's horrible what's happening in your country, but I think a lot of people are getting a bit of a "meh"-feeling about it. There are so many countries suffering in the same or similar ways and are continously asking for everyone else to step in and solve their own crisis.

All the while, western nations are being called crusaders, imperialists and greedy oppressors. It's hard to understand what really needs doing from us, when all we get for helping is sh*t.

I'm not sure I want my own country involved in more conflicts, we're a small country (Sweden) and we're already involved in Afghanistan and Libya.
    If everyone pleading for help actually got it, the wealthy European nations would be spread thin and all over North Africa and the Middle-East.

At some point, this is not just our responsability. Even if we want to, we can't fix the world for you. And even if we fixed your country, we'd be in even more trouble for it in the end.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2011-06-21 at 03:15 PM.

My heart breaks every time i watch the news or watch the youtube videos..really wondering how can human beings forget for a second that they are humans and strive for power and money so bad that they would kill their own country people just to defend it..
    So much corruption so much ignorance and arrogance that it makes me really sick of those arab leaders and how disgusting they are..
    but dont worry Syria, we made it in Egypt, and Tunisia did it, and you are soon to follow insha Allah, may God be with you dear brothers.

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm just wondering how many more countries we are gonna have to help with their problems. When did nations stop solving their own stuff?

It's horrible what's happening in your country, but I think a lot of people are getting a bit of a "meh"-feeling about it. There are so many countries suffering in the same or similar ways and are continously asking for everyone else to step in and solve their own crisis.

All the while, western nations are being called crusaders, imperialists and greedy oppressors. It's hard to understand what really needs doing from us, when all we get for helping is sh*t.
    and oil.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amed View Post
    My heart breaks every time i watch the news or watch the youtube videos..really wondering how can human beings forget for a second that they are humans and strive for power and money so bad that they would kill their own country people just to defend it..
    So much corruption so much ignorance and arrogance that it makes me really sick of those arab leaders and how disgusting they are..
    but dont worry Syria, we made it in Egypt, and Tunisia did it, and you are soon to follow insha Allah, may God be with you dear brothers.

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 03:13 PM ----------

and oil.
    Oh yes, the oil argument again. Fresh.
    Yes, Sweden, Norway, Holland, France, Germany, England etc all benefit so very much from all this oil people like you talk about. Oh wait! We don't! And yet it's our soldiers out there fighting.
    So shove that oil argument.

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 03:22 PM ----------

Do you know how these people who we're saving are behaving as thanks?

They keep making "honor"-murders, oppressing their women and throwing acid in their faces. They keep makign their same old damned mistakes so what did we all come and fight for?
    Just look at Iraq and Afghanistan, it's not just that the taliban need to be thrown out, they're living in the middle-ages, and there's so many changes that -we- can't be expected to do for everyone all the time.

No, I don't want my nation to risk more then it already does for people who don't care about anything else but saving their own skin but their own skin. What do you think will happen in their corrupt, destroyed countries if we kill all their bad leaders? The armies remain. Armies that in Libya systematicly raped women and killed civilians.
    How much blood, needs to be on -our- hands?

Remember, for every conflict we're asking to butt in on, we get equally much crap for it and get terrorists trying to blow -us- up.

Yes, it's about the safety of our own nations, against the actual gain. That's how the world works, suck it up.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2011-06-21 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

I'm not sure I want my own country involved in more conflicts, we're a small country (Sweden) and we're already involved in Afghanistan and Libya.
    If everyone pleading for help actually got it, the wealthy European nations would be spread thin and all over North Africa and the Middle-East.

At some point, this is not just our responsability. Even if we want to, we can't fix the world for you. And even if we fixed your country, we'd be in even more trouble for it in the end.
    Mate, i don't want any military involvement, I don't want anyone to die for us, but we are doing the best we can. A father sees his son dying in front of him and still goes to a peaceful demonstration the next day. That's the best we can do, to demonstrate peacefully, but they are facing us with guns and tanks, all this to save their regime and their power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grab the phone and call in the marines!

Quote Originally Posted by Amed View Post
    Thanks a lot brother.

Deleted
    I don't know about any other countries but here in the Netherlands Syria is daily in the news. We can't really do anything except watch how Al-Asad is murdering his own people. What you want us to do? I can tell my friends how bad your situation is and they will respond: "Yeah saw it on the news... shit for them but I don't want to get involved in other countries problems". People just think in general it is your countries problem so your people should try and solve it. We got enough problems of our own already and a 2nd Libya isn't the solution.

Deleted
    And how exactly am I supposed to 'help'?

To be honest I'd rather help starving children in Africa...