Back in elementary school, I first played Warcraft II at my friend's house. He showed me how to play and I still remember to this day how he would constantly click the sheep so they would blow up and blood would explode (lol). It was hilarious and I was hooked, just on that. I loved it. I don't even know why I loved it, but I did. I fell in love with Warcraft. I wasn't even good at the game, but I enjoyed it. A few years later, Warcraft 3 came out. I wasn't friends with that best friend anymore, but I still enjoyed Warcraft 3. The campaign was mind-blowing. I still remember playing as Arthas and trying to save the alliance from the undead scourge. What a blast. Over time, I started seeing concept art and other things for World of Warcraft. As a kid, I never played any MMO at that point besides Runescape. Right now, I hate Runescape. But you know what? Back then, when I was a kid in middle school, I loved playing Runescape with my friends. It was the shit. We'd talk about it in Art class every day and talk about how we'd be so excited to play after school. Those friends were everything to me. It was so much fun to just play Runescape. Fucking Runescape. Anyway, a year or two later, it's late 2004, and low and behold, I'm stoked for Warcraft, the world of Warcraft.

I saw the concept art of the dwarves in Ironforge and let me tell you, I was so excited to play. I got the game on Christmas, and I immediately started to play it on the computer. I knew exactly what I wanted to play: an orc warrior like Grom Hellscream. I had no idea what I was doing. This was honestly the first MMO I've ever paid for (well, technically, my mom paid it). I see people talking in "/1" general chat, and I thought they were game masters. I didn't even know how to talk in the channels until weeks later. I bought white items from vendors because I thought they were good. I spent a long time figuring out how to enter Wailing Caverns. I didn't know anything, but it was fun. I had so much fun playing World of Warcraft. I still remember being a level 23 or so orc warrior in early 2005 joining a full on world pvp raid on Astranar in Ashenvale, killing alliance until 3 am in the morning. That is one of the fondest memories I have of the game, simple shit like that. Not only that, TM and Southshore. HOURS of pvp. It was exciting.

While in Vanilla, I never got to raid. I was still young, I had friends, I did sports. I got the ZG epic set from reputation on my warlock and pugged AQ/20 and ZG, with some occasional MC. Hell, I still remember pugging the first boss in BWL which to this day I don't know how I did that. That changed with Burning Crusade. Wow, Burning Crusade. My first mmo expansion. Let me tell you, I was blown away. I fell in love. To this day, it is still my favorite expansion of all time. I will never forget applying to this guild on my resto druid, and getting carried through Black Temple and seeing it for the first time. Wow. Wow. I didn't know at the time, but I would never see that again.

Wrath and Cata were not the same calibur of BC, but I'll tell you it was the same old Warcraft. It was still fun, but not as fun as its predecessors.

Over time, I would level characters and start over on other servers over the years. To this day, I can name every single quest you can probably mention in a zone. I knew where the blue drops were. I knew which professions made what. I knew everything about the game.

A lot of people complain about World of Warcraft killing itself with easier content, but you never see the newer players say WoW is dying. In the end, what killed WoW is what kills everybody: time.

Time killed WoW. Isn't 7 years enough, people? Isn't it time to move on? Jesus christ, I love the game, but give me a break, 7 god damn years? We need to move on.

At this point, I don't even care if SWTOR is awful. I just want to play a new fuckin game. I loved Star Wars as a kid, and I'm looking forward to SWTOR, and I don't give a crap if it's easy. I just need a refresher, and it's about god damn time.

I don't even know why I made this thread, I just needed to rant.