Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H Warlord Zon'ozz bouncing

Zon'ozz Diffused

When the Void collides with Warlord Zon'ozz, it inflicts a distracting shock to him. The Void Diffusion increases the damage Zon'ozz takes by 5% for every time the Void of the Unmaking bounces between players. This collision enrages Warlord Zon'ozz, causing him to awaken the Maw of Go'rath and lose his Focused Anger.
    Does this effect stack and last from the first collision until the end? Generally, 5/5/5 bounces seemed to work for us, but Berserk timer is extremely tight that way. We have an option of soaking some bounces using:

1-5 bounces - usual melee-ranged ping pong
    6th bounce - melee soaks
    7th bounce - fire mage with Cauterize
    8th bounce - bear with cooldowns
    9th bounce - Guardian Spirit

Doing that during the first phase would provide enough stacks to kill him long before Berserk, but we haven't really had time to test it out. Also, some people say that damage taken debuff on him doesn't last for the duration of the fight, which is a bit confusing.

Could someone clarify that?

Just do 3 on the last one
    Frost DK? Frost DK!
    Murava <Damage per Second> US - Tichondrius
    Dragon Soul Heroic 10m videos [6/8]

this 10 man or 25 man?

cause from my understanding in 25s you can go to 10+ using 2 fire mages with cauterize.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

He gets 5% damage taken for every time you bounce the orb, but those stacks are only added when the orb hits him. The debuff lasts something like 2 minutes? It's not the entire fight but it can refreshes if you hit him again before it expires.

I think we did 7/7/7 or something like that, but I don't fully remember.

We did 5/5/5.
    We tried 7/5/5 for a short while but found that we lacked the CDs to do that.
    It really is hard to beat the enrage timer that way, but it's manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    We tried 7/5/5 for a short while but found that we lacked the CDs to do that.
    Fire mages are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    this 10 man or 25 man?

cause from my understanding in 25s you can go to 10+ using 2 fire mages with cauterize.
    10man and we do have two mages, but the other one is Arcane for the sake of 3% buff. Going for 11 bounces would require one more melee soaker though, which we don't seem to have, unless a DK can actually survive it with AMS and IBF.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Fire mages are awesome
    Yeah, we had a mage and a spriest + maybe the rogue (does cloak work?) but no external personal CDs because our Priest went discipline.
    Nevermind, he died with 5 bounces

We read that the Void ball has a 90 second cooldown to summon, and that if you do 5 stacks instead of 7, it will not spawn promptly at the start of the next p1. We were going to test tonight - can anyone confirm / deny?
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

What you also have to consider is that the tank damage gets insanely high when you bounce 7 or more times.
    This puts a LOT of strain on the healers even if Tank CDs are used.
    We used to do 7/5/5/5 but then went to 5/5/5/3 to have more consistent tries. The kill was still well within enrage.
    Newti - unplugged (EU Eredar) - 6/8 HC, 7/7 HC, 13/13 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Newti View Post
    What you also have to consider is that the tank damage gets insanely high when you bounce 7 or more times.
    This puts a LOT of strain on the healers even if Tank CDs are used.
    We used to do 7/5/5/5 but then went to 5/5/5/3 to have more consistent tries. The kill was still well within enrage.
    Your logs show you went 5/5/5/5 for your kill, and I wouldn't say a kill time of 5:58 is "well within enrage" either :P

7 is manageable, 9 gets pretty rough but a SPriest using dispersion trivialises the last bounce so you can focus tank heals.

Do immunity effects like DS, Deterrence, etc. work for bouncing?

Deleted
    Did 7-5-5-(5) on 10m hc. Enrage within 30seconds or so.

Deterrence definitely does not work.

What about a rogues Cheat Death?

Guardian Spirit doesn't work, fyi. Absorb cap on it is too low to solo-soak an orb bounce.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

You can easy mode the boss and do:

- 7 bounces
    - 1 bounce
    - 1 bounce
    - 1 bounce
    - so on and so forth
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    You can easy mode the boss and do:

- 7 bounces
    - 1 bounce
    - 1 bounce
    - 1 bounce
    - so on and so forth
    I don't quite get how triggering AOE phases with every bounce is "easy mode". I guess you're not healing this fight, are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5ur92s7EPM

We went 10-8-8-4 and killed him in the black phase after that. This worked well with the debuff timers.

What you can do varies greatly between 10 and 25. I don't see how more than 9 bounces is possible in 10m without extremely high dps and/or a stacked raid comp that cheeses multidot/cooldown classes. The number of bounces is directly proportional to how much time you have after black phase ends to have dps in position for the ball bounce. With 9+ bounces, the ball basically spawns as soon as black ends, and you definitely will not have the adds down unless you have an army of warlocks/shadowpriests/boomkins multidotting everything in black.

The less bounces you get, the more lenient the dps check is in black phase before you have the next ball spawn, but the harder time you will have with enrage.

I would say that a 7/5/5/3 is a solid strategy for 10 man. The hardest point in the fight (for healers at least) will be right after that first black phase where you will have the ball spawn, the first set of debuffs going out, and dps that are likely still out of position, all at the same time. We deal with this by having all melee help with adds on first black, but staying on claw/boss for the remainder, and leaving up the back eye on the respective left and right side (the ones that spawn furthest away from the claw) for the 3rd black, and completely ignoring adds on 4th black/bloodlust/burn. This also means that you will hit the enrage approximately when the first set of debuffs/first ball spawn occurs after the 4th black, if you last that long.

5/5/5/5 will demand higher boss dps to beat the enrage compared to 7/5/5/3, but it is comparatively easier to heal overall.
    Last edited by cleotaurus; 2011-12-14 at 12:32 AM.