Deleted

Faulty GFX card or bad windows reinstall?

So yeah, i had to reformat, but i guess something went totally wrong... Before the reformat, my gfx(GTX 560 TI) would never exceed 60c while in WoW, Now after the format, even in 5 mans it can get upto 86C. And what i read it is a bit insane of a temp, and can lead to card death quite fast. I do have the latest drivers aivalible.

Specs:
    I3 2100
    4GB Kingston DDR3 1333 RAM
    Asus GTX 560 TI DirectCU II
    OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU 80+

Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    So yeah, i had to reformat, but i guess something went totally wrong... Before the reformat, my gfx(GTX 560 TI) would never exceed 60c while in WoW, Now after the format, even in 5 mans it can get upto 86C. And what i read it is a bit insane of a temp, and can lead to card death quite fast. I do have the latest drivers aivalible.

Specs:
    I3 2100
    4GB Kingston DDR3 1333 RAM
    Asus GTX 560 TI DirectCU II
    OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU 80+
    That card is good into the 90s.

Deleted
    Yeah, but in 5 mans? when the card is not loaded as much? I was getting mid 60's before format, and thats what bothers me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    That card is good into the 90s.
    Just because its good for 90s - dont mean that its healthy for it.

Hell, I got the same card and mine wont go past 60-65, thats without vsync (85-110 frames), since I run a 120hz screen now - with vsync and 60hz, (60 frames cap) - it would never go past 55, so something is worng.

Have you checked all your settings, power settings on the card as well, voltage ect ect - did you use to have it overclocked before, or did you manage your voltage settings before as well ?

You can also limit your frames inside warcraft now - try to limit it to around 35 or so and check the temp settings.

Download MSI afterburner to manage your card settings, its perfect - you can also get a on screen display that shows temp / frames.

Seems a bit odd, that it should raise 20c just from a reinstall, might be faulty drivers as well, try to reinstall them - be sure to be up to date with directx and all that crap as well.

Deleted
    All the settings are fine, its factory OC'd. I tryed to play with fan settings, and its same with 25-35-50% fan speed... Meh, going to forman once again, good thing thats i just recently nought an OEM W7 x64. And may i add thats the card is not even a month old. Anyways, i will report right back after i reinstall windows once again.