Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time given to a disc priest over shadow.

Tonight my guild killed Madness of Deathwing for the first time and Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time dropped, since the mage in my guild has the legendary staff and I am the only other caster dps i expected it to be given to me.

we ran 2 disc priests with atonement in order to keep up with the fight in terms of dps.

though after much consideration by the officers of my guild the staff was given to a disc priest, the disc priest with the lowest healing/lowest damage aswell.

the priest in 9th

now i guess i can see it going to a disc priest if they were given it for the right reasons. but...
    the staff was given to the disc priest for the sole purpose of upping his disc dps/healing through atonement for heroic encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    "the staff was given to the disc priest for the sole purpose of upping his disc dps/healing through atonement for heroic encounters. "

Sounds like a good reason to me. He might be lacking the gear to do good damage/healing. If he will not get any gear he will not be able to deal more damage/healing it's simle as that.

Deleted
    I fail to see anything worth discussing in this thread? It's viable for disc priests and he was given it. Now if you had asked if we, the MMO-Champ community think that he deserved it over you, then we're going to need a bit more than a recount SS and a
    "the staff was given to the disc priest for the sole purpose of upping his disc dps/healing through atonement for heroic encounters."
    I don't even see a question in your post. It just seems full of whine that the disc priest got it over you =/

Deleted
    Hahaha.... your point of view seems very balanced and unbiased, I agree with you!

To be honest you do make it sound like you're just peeved that a healer got the staff instead of you... : /

Also, what Derv said, we have no idea what kind of upgrade that was for the priest. And even if the priest is underperforming, so are alot of your dps by the look of that recount screenshot, but this might just be due to what order you're killing the limbs in.

Good luck in the heroics

10+ Year Old Account
    Be glad he got the staff over you. This http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/77225 is much better. Plus, he can buff your haste while you don't have to trade stats for a proc. And http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/77221 is better. Ti'tahk is below heroic rag mace, and heroic censur of purity. Don't just blindly think a weapon is good just because it has a higher ilvl. Ti'tahk kind of sucks for shadow.

Be glad someone who needed something got it. It helps your raid.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2011-12-12 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Be glad he got the staff over you. This http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/77225 is much better. Plus, he can buff your haste while you don't have to trade stats for a proc. And http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/77221 is better. Ti'tahk is below heroic rag mace, and heroic censur of purity. Don't just blindly think a weapon is good just because it has a higher ilvl. Ti'tahk kind of sucks.
    I find this info hard to believe. From the many many discussions abound during the 4.3 PTR and even now still, many people are comparing Ti'tahk to DTR itself in terms of how strong it is, which many suggesting that hc Ti'Tahk might actually be better than DTR (that's for most caster classes too, not just spriests). Im not outright calling you a liar, but I'd like to see what your basing this info on if possible.

When they compare it to legendary staff, they most propably use the HEROIC version.

ps. you call ppl liars for not having proof, and yet you say the healer placed 9th on the recount was lowest on healing done... proof ?
    You claim to deserve the staff much more...proof? a single recount picture won't really convice me or many others here.

Not bashing here, just fed up with ppl wanting proof when they fail to deliver some themselves.
    Last edited by Naaw; 2011-12-12 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    It's good to promote performing well. You do bad diibs and the disc possible plays better.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    I find this info hard to believe. From the many many discussions abound during the 4.3 PTR and even now still, many people are comparing Ti'tahk to DTR itself in terms of how strong it is, which many suggesting that hc Ti'Tahk might actually be better than DTR (that's for most caster classes too, not just spriests). Im not outright calling you a liar, but I'd like to see what your basing this info on if possible.
    Ti'tahk is nowhere near DTR even with raid haste proc included. Proc is up ~1x / 60 seconds. Means heroic version is still bad compared to DTR, by over 1K dps even.

201 Slowing the Sands procs, 17.3% uptime
    In the same time Lightning Capacitor procced 1266 times.
    Power Torrent 244 times. 25%
    DMCV 230 times. 24%
    Lightweave 180 times. 23%

Another log, 142 procs, 18% uptime. This one should be closer to the max %age, used a different spec, pretty much max APM spell cast wise.
    Last edited by dakalro; 2011-12-12 at 02:07 PM.

Not much to discuss here. There is no good reason why a disc priest should get the staff. Sounds like they gave it to the person they thought it would make the biggest difference to. If you don't understand why they did that you should probably just have a friendly conversation about why with them.