Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Amazon preorders on and after the 25th of July won't get game? WTH

Friend talked to amazon and apparently if you ordered on or after the 25th of july you won't be getting SWTOR because they sold out way before that date, so until EA makes more copys at a later day you won't be able to play WTH...

Not a happy camper here.........

The 'legitness' of this post is inspiring!

Yeah, I think this was publicised a while back. There's only a limited amount of pre-orders, so you had to get in early to get it on launch day.

Sucks, but oh well. Should've got in sooner I guess.

if it were true then amazon is in for a massive Fan hitting event

There's no source, it's probably not true, please just report and move on. Don't be sheep.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

source is amazon via a live chat my friend had with them, not as if i'd have a screenshot of his chat lol

Quote Originally Posted by peteed1985 View Post
    source is amazon via a live chat my friend had with them, not as if i'd have a screenshot of his chat lol
    Either you're trolling this forum or your friend is trolling you.

Amazon is infamous for taking too many pre orders on big release games. I boycotted them after my second WoW expansion CE(both Burning Crusade and WotLK) was canceled because they sold thousands of pre orders too many.

Edit: I'm not saying this guy isn't full of shit(he probably is, or his friend is messing with him) but it has happened in the past with Amazon.

This is a bit unerving as i decided to order the game from them the weekend just gone as was unsure until recently about the game. It said there that I would get the game guarenteed on the 20th as I paid for first class delivery in UK.

So sounds a bit guff to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Amazon is infamous for taking too many pre orders on big release games. I boycotted them after my second WoW expansion CE(both Burning Crusade and WotLK) was canceled because they sold thousands of pre orders too many.
    Yeah I would of gone elsewhere if I wasn't in Australia which made mail order the only way

Deleted
    Maybe the US amazon.

german amazon has even the CE back in stock and deliverable on the 15th :-)

Deleted
    Why don't people just wait and see if their box comes late before crying... 99% of those crying (there were tons on the official forums) will get the game in time but yet never apologize for crying around and blaming BioWare for only thinking of the money etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    Why don't people just wait and see if their box comes late before crying... 99% of those crying (there were tons on the official forums) will get the game in time but yet never apologize for crying around and blaming BioWare for only thinking of the money etc.
    Just think people are worried especially with the lack of grace period. They gunna get going to be cut off for a few days while their pack arrives IF it arrives late. Myself I just started a new job so I will be lucky to have time to play until the weekend. So no worries here.

Amazon (UK) is still selling preorders... Methinks OP is bollocks.

Well Best Buy was still taking orders and handing out CE pre order keys well into December so I am not sure what is up with Amazon. You would think they would know how many they can sell and would have issued cancellations by now. Same goes for Best Buy, how can they be getting CE pre order keys from Bioware if there weren't more copies of the CE available.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

the two reasons i'm worried for is that for one the no grace period and secondly the fact that amazon doesn't take money till they are about to ship so I have no idea when the money will come out and its kinda hard to leave $175 in there.

Deleted
    Amazon UK customer here, just spoke to an amazon rep online a minute ago. I have 2 orders with them from 30th August. My order is being processed and will be sent this week, confirmed it will be with me BY the 20th... So they have them in stock now and have not run out or else my order would have been cancelled...

the two reasons i'm worried for is that for one the no grace period and secondly the fact that amazon doesn't take money till they are about to ship so I have no idea when the money will come out and its kinda hard to leave $175 in there.
    Yeah, I thought about that, so I just used Amazon gift cards to preorder it. I bought 60 dollars worth of Amazon gift cards, loaded it into my account, and preordered the game. Now I don't have to worry about when they'll take it, because I already paid.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Friend talked to amazon and apparently if you ordered on or after the 25th of july you won't be getting SWTOR because they sold out way before that date, so until EA makes more copys at a later day you won't be able to play WTH...

Not a happy camper here.........
    Either your friend lied to you or you're a wanna be troll. I talked with Amazon on Friday and they assured tat I WILL get my released day delivery. I pre-ordered in Oct. Besides my order status still says delivery date is 20th.

After them pulling a LOT of their great lightning deals 2 seconds after they went live, the horrible customer service, the hundreds of bait and switch items, can't see how anybody still uses amazon.

OT: They ALWAYS oversell preorders on games, along with ebgames, electronics boutique and gamestop. The announcement from the latter 3 apologizing to people will be along shortly.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?