Question About The Client D/L

I just recently purchased the Digital standard edition off origin. Now I have the beta client from the last weekend beta, do I just need to keep my client up to date and patch or re down load the client. It gave me option to D/L client when I purchased but I passed due to having beta client.

Deleted
    I've not played swtor but i'm guessing you'll need to d/l the release client as you do with wow but i'm not 100% sure.

The beta client is fine after Nov 25, you just need to patch it. However, there will be many unneeded files and will cause the folder size to be quite huge. Personal choice. I did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    The beta client is fine after Nov 25, you just need to patch it. However, there will be many unneeded files and will cause the folder size to be quite huge. Personal choice. I did.
    If you only have the client after the 25th then the so called "huge" unnecessary size is 1 gigabyte, a single folder called beta client. You will have 19.5gb if you use the beta client, 18.4gb for a fresh installation, the same that you have by just deleting the betaclient folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    If you only have the client after the 25th then the so called "huge" unnecessary size is 1 gigabyte, a single folder called beta client. You will have 19.5gb if you use the beta client, 18.4gb for a fresh installation, the same that you have by just deleting the betaclient folder.
    My thanksgiving beta is at 18.5 still, even after updating yesterday.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you can update the client by logging in. DO not need to redownload it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    you can update the client by logging in. DO not need to redownload it.
    Confirming this.

If you have a client from *before* Nov 25th weekend, that is when the "you might have extra files and the difference will be huge".

The only difference is computer space. Nothing to do with performance.

BioWare recommends the clean install, but that is up to you. Bandwidth seems to be a premium for alot of people, and another 18GB download might be steep.

I'm one of the lucky people with a 300GB monthly bandwidth, so a re-download for myself and my roommate, is not a big deal.