Base Classes to 50

Just curious, I wonder how long we'll go before someone reaches level 50 without picking up an Advanced Class? That's the kind of challenge I can see people picking up pretty fast.

i would imagine it would be a bit hard dont think there is many base class abilities but i do see it happening sometime

Deleted
    Playing without AC is like playing without gear or playing with only using 3 abilities, you can of course if you want, but there is simply no point in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    Playing without AC is like playing without gear or playing with only using 3 abilities, you can of course if you want, but there is simply no point in doing so.
    People do these things just because they can, and while I would never do so, it is amusing to see what people can accomplish when they handicap themselves sometimes. I see it being tried with the Consular or Inquisitor the most, and I suspect the Trooper or BH will be the most successful at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    People have levelled fully in MMOS with no armour and no weapons, just becuase they can and get the challenge. I'm sure someone will do it just becuase they can.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik you cannot advance the story without picking an AC. so, you are, quite possibly, stuck on some backwater planet killing level 10 mobs till they stop giving exp... I don't think youll be able to get to 50 without choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    Afaik you cannot advance the story without picking an AC. so, you are, quite possibly, stuck on some backwater planet killing level 10 mobs till they stop giving exp... I don't think youll be able to get to 50 without choosing.
    Keep killing mobs until you're high enough to go to Warzones, then level up through Warzones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    The AC Quest isn't tied into the class story, so i doubt that you ever need to pick one.

There were quite a few lvl 13-14 people in beta asking where to pick their AC.

AC is completely independent of class story, even though a number of beta testers have suggested it be done that way so that people won't miss it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    People have levelled fully in MMOS with no armour and no weapons, just becuase they can and get the challenge. I'm sure someone will do it just becuase they can.
    I've never really paid attention to this until WoW, and from what I remember reading from the blog of the warlock who continually did this each expansion s/he only did so because there's always so very little to do in WoW at a time. It was a boredom killer, not a true goal that he set out with at the start of playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure someone will be doing this as soon as the game launches waiting until they know which AC of that class is slightly more powerful than the other so they can FOTM that one and do the most damage they can to inflate their ePeen. I'm not sure how many base abilities you get for your class as you level, but I'm sure it wouldn't be overly difficult to hit 50 without picking an AC.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'm sure someone will be doing this as soon as the game launches waiting until they know which AC of that class is slightly more powerful than the other so they can FOTM that one and do the most damage they can to inflate their ePeen. I'm not sure how many base abilities you get for your class as you level, but I'm sure it wouldn't be overly difficult to hit 50 without picking an AC.
    That really doesn't seem like a smart min-maxer decision to me, but I could be wrong. I feel like you'd waste more time compensating for your weaknesses (you'll have many) than you'd gain by not having to level a second character if you were just doing it for the sake of endgame.

It's more likely to be an RPer that does this, I think, like pacifist levelers or exploration levelers.

If someone was crazy/insane/bored enough they could level to 50 entirely off of space missions. They wouldn't have to leave their ship after level 14-15, so advanced class really wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    Just curious, I wonder how long we'll go before someone reaches level 50 without picking up an Advanced Class? That's the kind of challenge I can see people picking up pretty fast.
    It would be more than 2 times slower leveling that way.

Given the above: it's faster to choose an AC, level to 50, and make another char, Choose the other AC, and level that to 50.

Ow good challenge! Looking forward to the first people trying this. I hope Bioware allows this, i always enjoy seeing people level naked, or pvp without gear, or level without dying, or getting minimal achievement points. Stuff like that.

I played Ragnarok Online in a distant past. That game also uses "advanced classes". Everyone starts as a Novice, and at a certain level (i forgot) you pick an Job. And then when you level high enough you advance in that Job to one of two possibilities. For example, Novice -> Thief -> Assassins or Rogue.
    People leveld Novices to max level, and the game developers saw this and added a special Super Novice class. It was all in good fun ofcourse, but seriously that game was a massive grind.

Still, i approve of such things. It gives people the option to pick up a challenge. Why? Because they can, thats why. First naked base class to level50 without using a companion! Hoooo!

It would be very difficult, because by not choosing an AC you forgo skill points and trees, since they are tied to AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    There was a druid on the forums awhile ago that leveled from 1 to 85 entirely from flower picking and mining without ever killing a single creature or completing a quest in game. People do crazy things. I'm sure people will find many inventive ways to level up in SW:ToR.

Quote Originally Posted by darthmaul214 View Post
    It would be very difficult, because by not choosing an AC you forgo skill points and trees, since they are tied to AC.
    I don't think it would too difficult. You would have the base skills you start with and your stats will get better as you go. I imagine it would be boring as all hell, but easy to do, IMO.
    #TeamTinkers

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Keep killing mobs until you're high enough to go to Warzones, then level up through Warzones.
    It might be too old and not in effect anymore, but I read somewhere, once, that you could not get to level 50 through just Warzones, so I would imagine you HAVE to do some of the story content. Whether or not it still is true I don't know... I still think they want to force you to choose between the AC's...

There are a lot of base skills, so you won't be that much in a lurch.

Since, as someone pointed out, your class quest is independent of your AC, you can get your ship, and after that you should be able to do the rest fairly effortlessly.