View Poll Results: How should I handle my guild situation?

Voters
273. This poll is closed
  • Frantically search for a guild through MMO/SWTOR (These will be the only ones who take it seriously)

22 8.06%
  • Go in unguilded and just enjoy the gameplay

162 59.34%
  • Go in with plans to form my own guild

26 9.52%
  • Once in, join any guild I can (too much of a disadvantage to not be guilded)

39 14.29%
  • Other (Please specify in your post)

24 8.79%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can enjoy leveling without a guild, but why bother when there is so much information about guilds to join?

I considered the same thing, but I really did not want to chance it. The fact that I wanted a mature, Eastern, Republic pvp focused guild really narrowed it down. Not as easy for Empire folks.

Know exactly what kind of guild you want and it is much easier to find it.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a paradox. I'm an inconsistent but sometimes solitary player but I like MMOs. The guild were locked anyway when I started out, but to be honest lots of chat, group invites and being bugged to come along in instance groups (which in the big picture are all good things I'll admit ;P) Kinds of ruins my immersion in a good story.

I'll probably try to spend a lot of the time on at least my first character soloing and getting into the story before I get lonely and start looking for a guild.

How hard is it to form a guild?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you cant join a guild with the system anymore, its locked

I didnt join any guilds, im was somewhat skeptic at people that i never played with, i dont know how they play and i could end up with terrible noob that are just good with words and bad at moving out of a fire. :/

I was thinking about joining up with my friends but the only issue was that they didnt pre-order early and some were lacking the money for it :<.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fishyjoe View Post
    A full group and a charter from the vendor in the capital is all you need I believe.

Though a guild for the sake of is just pointless if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going in unguilded until I'm near end game, then will search for an operation guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Quote Originally Posted by fishyjoe View Post
    There's been (I think) a lot of misunderstanding about my intentions for this poll. I know what a guild is. I know how they function. I don't know how they function in SWTOR, and how necessary they are. If you can blaze to 50 in 3-4 days, finding a guild a tad quicker becomes a bit more vital. At least for me. I love playing MMO's, and spend what is likely an unhealthy amount of timeon them. But my big focal point is raiding.

If guilds toss you tons of perks, you can level super fast (for normal players, not counting that one kid who won't sleep for 73.435 hours so he can ding 50 first), then a guild becomes much more important. At that point you go with the other like minded people and start grinding gear for opening operations.

From what I'm gathering, aside from the people hell-bent on world firsts, the majority of players will be leveling up at a steady pace, but enjoying the scenery and not doing a mad scramble for max level.

It doesn't sound like guilds are gamebreaking. One of the things I loved about Pre-LFD WoW was finding good players whom I enjoyed working with, friending them, and running together. Sounds like I can take a similiar approach here and find a guild along the way.

I know (and knew going in) that I'll be guilded soon enough, and focusing on endgame. Thanks to you lovely people, I've gathered that I can stop and smell the bantha fodder along the way. Thanks again for all the responses, insights, and advise. If you didn't read my post or poll in the first place, thanks anyway, you still posted (somewhat) constructively, and furthered the discusion. I'll see some of you in game, and may the Force be with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DestroDoc View Post
    It doesn't sound like guilds are gamebreaking. One of the things I loved about Pre-LFD WoW was finding good players whom I enjoyed working with, friending them, and running together. Sounds like I can take a similiar approach here and find a guild along the way.
    I'm with you on this. Guilded because we are going in as a group but stopping to smell the roses and enjoying the scenery sounds like a great idea. I'm sure you'll get it all worked out in time. No need to panic.

ill be going in unguilded, hope to find a good one in game

Like in WoW, you create a guild and invite people, after a while you're the leader of the biggest guild on the server filled with people who can't even complete a normal 5-man dungeon. At least a handful of people will know how to play and those you create your raid team with.

Social guild. Regardless of elitist level. That is the key aspect.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really wouldn't worry too much about it. During the beta after 30-50 I never met a single person that was guilded the people that were guilded just seemed to be pissing about at around 1-20. Like has been said above most of the premade guilds will possibly fail as it's so random.

That being said the people I played with for Operations (The same group as always) were good and we used no com system, then again we were pretty much the only ones that were 40-50 on Kissai Caste!

Also once you get to 50 there really is no benefit to doing Hard/Nightmare Mode raids at current because it's the same fight as normal with bigger values :<

TLR Level to 50 unguilded, meet some people your happy playing with and make a guild from there and work on the other 4-12 people to start raiding while bioware fixes the game.

I'm going in unguilded and will be just enjoying myself. If/when I find a guild I like, I'll join them. Or when I am ready to raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    well this is my plan, feel free to steal it

The way I see it, with no Xserver LFG, you're going to HAVE to go out and meet people, and from my past experience the BEST way to get into a guild is to do just that. I plan to level my Tankasin to 50, and along the way be social, and of course awesome at my job if along the way I happen to meet some cool people, who seem like nice guys and need a tank then I'll join up with them... if not, myeh it's fate I'll keep truckin on till I find my home .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Going in DEEP! pause.

Going in un-guilded. I've been a part of many MMO launches and if there is one thing they are not short on it's guild recruitment spam so I wouldn't worry one bit.

So far, it looks like I'll be going in guildless. Though, that may change in the next few days.