10+ Year Old Account

Quick question plz

I planned on completly restoring my pc today but my question is will i be able to reuse my windows 7 cd its on the same computer. I know i could probly save it somehow right? but i dont have a thumb drive. I dont want anything left on the whole computer. So will i have to go buy a new windows 7 since i already used the code? Can anyone plz help and accually tell me how to do whatever it is you reccomend

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 09:07 AM ----------

plz anyone heeeeelllllllpppppppp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    I planned on completly restoring my pc today but my question is will i be able to reuse my windows 7 cd its on the same computer. I know i could probly save it somehow right? but i dont have a thumb drive. I dont want anything left on the whole computer. So will i have to go buy a new windows 7 since i already used the code? Can anyone plz help and accually tell me how to do whatever it is you reccomend
    Are you trying to speed up your computer by removing everything but the OS? (Factory reset)
    Do you have your Windows 7 as a physical disc or is it stored on your current computer digitally?

There are programs out there that let you find out the serial code for your OS, (normally each copy of Windows gives you two installs of the software on different computers).

Deleted
    if you have the CD/DVD and Key, you can install windows with it...

You might have problems with the activation if it has been activated too many times in the past.

I'm not sure what you mean with CD being on the computer though.. Restore partition? iso image?

BTW you can pretty much use any Windows 7 CD if you have the key... (they aren't as strict now anymore - thank God; it was horrible having to find matching keys for OEM / VLK / MSDN / etc. versions depending on what you were installing)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can reuse your previous product key just you may have to activate by telephone and follow the audio prompts.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes my goal is to restore to factory settings but the comp came with xp so i would need to get windows 7 back and yes i have the cd and key still

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 02:37 PM ----------

also what about my graphics card i bought it later on and had to find i think some drives to make it work what will happen when i do my restore to that