Opinions on build

What do you think guys did i forget anything or do you see anything wrong? I got operating system keyboard/mouse and sound thingies. Have ordered it basically got around 24 hours for minor tweaks if needed and its meant for games mostly.

cpu Intel Core i5-2500K
    mobo Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
    gpu Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 - 2 GB
    psu Corsair Enthusiast Series 650W
    cooler Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 High Performance CPU Cooler
    case SuperCase LX-803 Black Case
    monitor Dell U2312HM Ultrasharp 23¨ Wide LED
    ssd OCZ 60GB Agility 3 Series 2.5¨ SATA III [AGT3-25SAT3-60G)
    ram ram Kingston 8GB HyperX Genesis Limited Edition 1600MHz (Kit of 2)
    hdd Seagate 500GB Barracuda SATA III [ST500DM002]

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 09:09 PM ----------

Hmm worried a bit about the ssd beeing to small btw? Shall i try and get the 120 one its around 70 euros difference but at least can get pretty much all my games on the ssd also.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2011-12-12 at 09:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    ---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 09:09 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Hmm worried a bit about the ssd beeing to small btw? Shall i try and get the 120 one its around 70 euros difference but at least can get pretty much all my games on the ssd also.
    If you are already wondering if it's too small, it probably will be too small. While you're at it, get something else than OCZ, just for your own convenience. Maybe a Corsair Force 3?

there is really no diff between ocz and corsair force3..just same old sandforce ssds.. just update firmware before installing OS/applications and you will be fine. i would suggest intel 510s or samsung 830s but they are pretty expensive. so if cost is an issue u can definitely get something like an ocz agility3/vertex3. just make sure to update the fw first.

double post QQ

is the ssd firmware update a necessity? If i can avoid i would prefer to cause i never entered a bios before.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2011-12-13 at 03:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well the update is made to fix the unstability issues with the firmware so not updating would be stypid. Like I said, for your own convenience, get something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    double post QQ

is the ssd firmware update a necessity? If i can avoid i would prefer to cause i never entered a bios before.
    You want to update the firmware for sure, it's not difficult at all. Stay away from OCZ. Yes Corsair Force 3 is same controller but the way Corsair handled the issue was much better than OCZ. You can get away with 60GB but I wouldn't recommend getting anything less than 120GB and I speak from experience. I have a 64GB Crucial and I don't regret getting that size but if I had to do it over I would definitely have waited and gotten the 128GB version.

Crucial m4, Intel320 and Corsair Force 3 are all good choices (in that order if price isn't too important).

Deleted
    I would change the SSD to a Crucial m4.

Also i am pretty sure those ram are running 1.6/1.65 volts, sandy bridge recommened is 1.5, it shouldn't be a problem but there is a chance you will fry the memory controller.

Hmm can i just follow this? http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...evo3-x2-drives.

Seems simpler then to install before having operating system on. Getting the system in a few hours basically cant change the OCZ order now (i did change the size to 120 gb before reading the replies though). Oh well will know better for the next one. Didnt even knew what ssd's where before i started searching for pc now :/

About the voltage thingie i checked a bit and people say its safe to use 1,65 (the rams are indeed 1,65 elizabeth1) but as you said it should be ok from what i read also.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2011-12-14 at 05:00 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah update the firmware right away, I don't know the OCZ SSD but just follow the guide, seems fairly straight forward. You might have to switch from IDE to ACHI mode in the BIOS but it's not difficult if that's the case.

Thanks guys been a great help