Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Brood of nozdormu

I read they changed rap gains from bosses. is it still going to be a pain in the arse?

Deleted
    Took me 2hours to go from hated to exalted so na its really really easy now.

any chance u can explain how u did that?

Deleted
    I ll call bullshit on that one... However with most of the instance being easily duoed and soloable for some classes (except emperors which needs you to know what you re doing) you can rack up the rep really fast. You will have a lot of scarabs very soon and some class specific idols so you can turn them in for more rep (500). And chances at the mounts of course. It's quite easy now that you dont need to gather many people to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstance View Post
    I ll call bullshit on that one... However with most of the instance being easily duoed and soloable for some classes (except emperors which needs you to know what you re doing) you can rack up the rep really fast. You will have a lot of scarabs very soon and some class specific idols so you can turn them in for more rep (500). And chances at the mounts of course. It's quite easy now that you dont need to gather many people to run it.
    The bosses were bugged when 4.3 first hit and were giving obscene amounts of rep. He probably went to bug trio, killed one or two, reset them, rinsed and repeated. Took maybe 30 minutes to go hated -> exalted before they fixed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What!?!??! Man I miss out on all the good bugs! -_-

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

lol, I didn't even think of resetting the trio...oh well, I'll still be exalted next lockout thanks to them finally adding rep to the bosses after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    lol, I didn't even think of resetting the trio...oh well, I'll still be exalted next lockout thanks to them finally adding rep to the bosses after all this time.
    They fixed it and now they only give like 20 rep each. I tried it and it wasn't even worth my time.

so it's back to normal now? is there a rep guide for this or do you really have to kill mobs from hated to exalted with a few turn-ins along the way?

My general understanding is to just do full clears(or as much as you can, fucking twin emps) and save your idols and artifacts until the point where your turn-ins will push you to exalted.

After 4.3, they added the following rep gains to bosses:

-Skeram gave rep for killing clones (nothing for the boss), however this was hotfixed and now you get nothing at all, similar to pre-4.3.
    -Bug trio was worth 3k for Yauj, 2.5k for Vem, and 500 for Kri, but this was also hotfixed to not give any rep (most likely due to being able to reset the encounter)
    -Sartura was worth 2.5k, but this was hotfixed down to 500.
    -Fankriss has been at 500 since 4.3.
    -Huhuran has been at 500 since 4.3.

Again, not sure on rep gains/changes for the other bosses since I haven't gotten to kill them.

Without any sort of rep modifiers, killing only the bosses listed above is worth 4k rep per ID. At most, 10 weeks to max exalted once you're capped from trash (time goes down if you collect mats for the armor turnins or score any artifacts off trash kills). Wonder why they felt like changing this after all this time...MC still takes forever lol.

it's really fast to farm hated -> neutral on the first pack. run in kill all but one and run out to reset the pack.
    i was really annoyed when i found that out since i had farmed bugs up to almost neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by fruust View Post
    it's really fast to farm hated -> neutral on the first pack. run in kill all but one and run out to reset the pack.
    i was really annoyed when i found that out since i had farmed bugs up to almost neutral.
    The hard part is revered -> exalted where you get no rep from trash at all

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's like Molten Core and Firelands rep. Super...

Except you get the tokens from every boss that give like 1000 rep each, as well as the random trash drops that give another 1000 each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh for real? Well maybe that'll be on my to do list this weekend since no raid due to X-mas -_-

Yeah brood rep isn't that hard to get, as long as you can make groups to clear the place.

If you can, try to solo the trash pack for a while, and keep all token for later.

You can also do AQ20 for a little more boost.

Molten core rep pure pain. I maxed it trying to get both legendary heh. That was before I could solo Baron Geddon for his bindings. Only saw the eye once though. :O

If you get a friend or two to run them with you, who has similar goal(Like legndary/rep running etc.) it makes it more fun everyclear. My friend has been trying ot get the Eye of rag since vanilla... and the only time it dropped, he was on the wrong char XD haha(Which was pure luck for me).

Also, make sure you do (but keep) all the turn ins for after you reach neutral or friendly(when trash stop giving rep). Until then, all the trash together gives multiple ks of rep(like 16k I think, it huge you reach neutral in 3-4 runs unless they changed it).

I beleive the quest to upgrade the ring also gives rep, so don't forget those.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrmm good to know. Been looking for my next rep to exalt out. Looks like I'll give Brood a shot.
    Kaeliri
    Sturmgrenadier Officer
    www.sghq.org
    Join a 10+ year old adult gaming syndicate in the domination of the MMO world

is there a change to get more reputation on AQ40 than 20? or it is all the same, i would like to continue raising that rep
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    If i remember Aq20 is mostly Cenarion rep, with bosses also giving around 50rep for Brood Of Nozdormu. Try to get 1 or 2 more people in your aq40 runs and it will be over quite fast as Cthun gives something like 2.5k rep