Deleted

Light/Dark alignment

What exactly is the alignment's effect on the gameplay? What do I lose by picking choices I like, as if it was a single player RPG campaign, instead of maxing one of the sides?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get to buy relics you can buy from the vendors (which is stupid), nor the special mounts, nor the special Vanity Gear. And you don't get to look dark and corrupted (if you choose Dark Side), or get to equip certain Color Crystals.
    Last edited by Drakoro; 2012-03-04 at 02:49 AM.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't use some items if you don't meet certain alignment requirements. None of them are of any real consequence though, so the short answer is that it really doesn't make a difference.

Deleted
    So it's just the vanity stuff+weaksauce starter relics? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So it's just the vanity stuff+weaksauce starter relics? Thanks!
    No no, the relics you can get at Dark V or Light V are very good when you first get to lvl 50. They're not weaksauce then.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

1 mount per side (Praxon Xeno/Aero - Dark/Light respectively)
    Starter relics, same on both sides (also available through leveling for lower levels and lower LS/DS alignments)
    Certain items have LS/DS requirements. Don't think it's the case at 50 for anything other than Relics.
    Colour crystals - Red restricted to LS1 and up; Blue/Green restricted to DS1 and up; Grey characters can use both, requirements are going away in the next big patch
    Dark side has facial corruption which you can switch off the same way you do a helmet

That's about it I think, so yeah, not much. You can also pick up Diplomacy as a mission skill, which gathers Medical Supplies and Companion Gifts. All the missions for Diplomacy also bring either LS or DS points, making it relatively easy to manipulate your standing, especially at higher levels of Diplomacy. My Knight is currently at ~230 Diplomacy, getting +44 to either standing with each mission.

Either way though, I'd suggest playing the game for real instead of gaming the alignment system. It's a lot more fun to make actual choices as you go and even if you lose out on these few things, it's not a big deal.

Deleted
    You can always just get the PvP relics at 50, they don't take long to gather to commendations for; they're quite cheap.