Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    idk if you guys noticed this but if you watch carefully the sword levitates, he doesn't hold it the whole time
    Noticed it too, and the way it spins into the hand after the attack. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    idk if you guys noticed this but if you watch carefully the sword levitates, he doesn't hold it the whole time
    I did notice. The teleporting, pistols and the levitating greatsword sold it for me.

wish there was fans though
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Mesmer... I remember how i used to hate them in PvP when i went Elementalist in Guild Wars 1. I never like them, their only positive attribute for me was their amazing armor/clothes.

Now, I have to be honest and say that I am kinda dissapointed that Mesmer is the last proffession after they SAID that they were only bringing back 4 of the old proffessions and bringing 4 new proffessions so I was kinda hoping for a new proffession. After looking at that video, however, i have to say that this looks just amazing.

Finally, after waiting since January 2009, (I know people have waited a lot longer then me) closed beta will finally be released and hopefully this month. I want my hands on this game so bad it's crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    they SAID that they were only bringing back 4 of the old professions and bringing 4 new professions
    Technically the Thief isn't the Assassin

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Yeah!

Can't wait. =D

Needs more purple butterflies though. I want them every where like the necromancers locust swarm.

Deleted
    Do want butterflies and 2h sword

Deleted
    That last scene was interesting...if it's a real bit of game...and I'm assuming it is because of the format [resembling all of the other professions ability flicks].

What it means, to me, is that the mesmer was avoiding the enemy by jumping through the holes...but at the same time building up a massive blast.

Keep them *absolutely* away from you...then knock their heads off.

It's all assumptions - but that massive blast...it wasn't a range thing, because he could just have done that right away when the monster ran at him - why jump here and there (apart from pleasure? - or to demonstrate the jumpy thing). The distance was kept to buy time for a knockdown ability that was building up, building up...

So the mesmer is going to be an ultra-glass, very controlling and slow-to-build but shockingly devastating class.

Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaawww yeaaah. All I can say
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Surprised face!

Might be my 2nd char, wonder what they did with it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    but that massive blast...it wasn't a range thing, because he could just have done that right away when the monster ran at him - why jump here and there (apart from pleasure? - or to demonstrate the jumpy thing). The distance was kept to buy time for a knockdown ability that was building up, building up...
    The skill video's have always represented a high level character attacking a low level character solely to demonstrate how a skill functions, so you can't really judge an ability's power from them.

Looks really nice, cant wait for GW2 even more
    Tough I still stick to my main choice which is warrior, but not sure what other alts ill roll! ><

Deleted
    About the massive sword - it correlates to the massive blast. They never swing the sword...but it's a visual queue...slow and hard.

For mesmer game-play, the slower the weapon the glassier, slower to build but destructive you are...and more physically elusive?

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The skill video's have always represented a high level character attacking a low level character solely to demonstrate how a skill functions, so you can't really judge an ability's power from them.
    Good point Mif. I think I was getting ahead of myself :-) Are these vids purely about spells(skills) or do they show fundamental game-play mechanics....

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Are these vids purely about spells(skills) or do they show fundamental game-play mechanics....
    They are primarily just to show off the cool abilities, but at the same time give use a taste of the kind of mechanics we can expect out of each class and the game in general.

interesting, but I did not see the reason for the last guy's porting between spots.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    interesting, but I did not see the reason for the last guy's porting between spots.
    Either the porting is tied to the beam he fires, or its showing off the portals. Sure it's not a "damage" ability, but it's a damn potent ability to escape/kite in PvP or PvE.

finally they revealed my main proffession (not class) the mesmer, i've been playing a mesmer since the 1st day i played GW which is around 6 years ago, and to this day i'm still playing it, not as much as i should, but i am

10+ Year Old Account
    This... was... awesome!
    The invisibility field, the transportation circles, those white/pink beams of death (did anyone else notice the cool sound those had), the field that seemed to electricute those guys... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Well first of all this is a demonstration video, that demonstrates... you know the skills the mesmer can do? Secondly you want to stand around and be fingerbanged to death by that beast?!?! /shock
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

On the day I start to feel a little down about the lack of new info on Guild Wars 2, this happens! The gaming gods are obviously smiling on me!

Holy shit though, that video was epic. Before that I couldn't have given 2 craps about a the 8th profession possibly being a Mesmer, but now I REALLY want to try one out. I don't think it'll be my main, still want to play Elementalist, but it'll definitely be one of the first alts I make!

Deleted
    Well, first I thought my main would be necromancer. What can I say... I had a change of heart <3