Lightsaber restrictions

Have they confirmed that restrictions on what color you can make your lightsaber will be in launch?

ie. Dark side are restricted to blue / green

I'm going to play a Dark side Empire, but I love the blue lightsabers.

I've had yellow and red lightsabers as Sith, don't know anything about other colors though

There are restrictions on color crystals based off your alignment.

Dark 1 and Higher can not use green or blue.

Light 1 and Higher can not use red.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it really depends on what your alignment is. (ie - you get to pick blue or green crystals if your sith light side, or red crystals if your jedi dark side.)

Wouldn't the Sith lords get a bit miffed if an up and coming Sith pranced around with a blue lightsaber and explained that he couldn't physically insert a red crystal because he wasn't evil enough?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixmog View Post
    There are restrictions on color crystals based off your alignment.

Dark 1 and Higher can not use green or blue.

Light 1 and Higher can not use red.
    This is it exactly. There shouldn't be any confusion about it after this has been said.

I feel it just really takes away from the customization and freedom of your character.

You are going to see people going against their storyline, picking light / dark choices just for the sake of their lightsaber color, and that conflicts with BW's whole "Create your own saga" thing. I think they will change it.

But I guess I could just go neutral... bleh.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    This is it exactly. There shouldn't be any confusion about it after this has been said.
    No confusion. Just wondering if this made it into launch.
    So I was giving a speech in Iraq when some guy threw a shoe and he missed.The first thing on my mind was "LoL not even hitcapped"

The colors are based on the availability of LEDs.

Oh wait..

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by dalroxas View Post
    No confusion. Just wondering if this made it into launch.
    Wasn't directed at you. It was more or less for anyone that wanted to keep the thread going like it wasn't already answered. This happened before a few days ago, where the question was answered immediately and then 2 pages later it was still being discussed like it was some wonky topic with so many variables.