Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    found some info for people wondering the same thing

g'day all;

there has been a lot of talk going around about unofficial oceanic servers. I'm here as a representative of the pvp oceanic daisy-chain with a message to help co-ordinate the oceanic community to a single server on launch.

I will preface by saying there are only a limited amount of server names available to the public right now, and as such the more popular lore named servers will be innundated on launch and likely have larger queues than the 'new' servers.

The daisy-chain have opted to delay announcing a de-facto oceanic server due to the uncertainty surrounding the server types, names, location and balance issues derived from the phase 3 of guild deployment (which closes in less than 2 days).

We will be meeting again on december 10th to re-assess the situation and perhaps make an informed decision then based on how bioware proceed with phase 3.

If you want to stay tuned to the latest news, including the announcement of which server the chain will be deploying to, then please follow on of our social media sources below.

We will also be posting to all major swtor sites (darthhater, toroz ect) to have them promote the server name when we come to a decision based on as much infrmation as bioware can spare us.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/oceani...88183727887301

twitter: @oceanicpvp (http://twitter.com/#!/oceanicpvp)

chat/remnants: www.remnantsgaming.com/daisychain
    Thus far the SW:TOR Oceanic Daisy Chain is pointing to The Swiftsure.

ALL AUSSIES TO THE SWIFTSURE ON THE DOUBLE!

Thus far 14 Guilds deployed and 1000+ Oceanics
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-12-13 at 03:30 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Swiftsure, baby! Come join us. Everyone else can GTFO the unofficial Aussie/SE Asian server.

We have girls with sexy accents!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heyvid21 View Post
    Swiftsure, baby! Come join us. Everyone else can GTFO the unofficial Aussie/SE Asian server.

We have girls with sexy accents!
    hey hey hey D:<
    don't leave out the hot sexy male accents too >_>

Super stoked for our server community already!

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    hey hey hey D:<
    don't leave out the hot sexy male accents too >_>

Super stoked for our server community already!
    Fair enough... I'm an American living in SE Asia/Oceania area, so I think all Aussie accents are sexy. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    My only question is would us east-coast Aussies be better-off ping-wise connecting to a US west coast server?

Lets just make sure no misinformation is spread. NZ>Aussies... The All Blacks proved it in October.

Edit: Oops hit quote not reply.
    Last edited by gabrield; 2011-12-13 at 03:38 AM.

Frankly The Oceanic people on the server will hardly affect us. They play at different times anyway. I welcome anyone to the server really. No need to be rude or tell them to GTFO. I mean honestly Why so rude? They are forming together to raid and will probably raid when most of us are at work and or sleeping anyway. It makes the server economy more lively and keeps many people on at all times of the day! How is it in anyway a bad thing?
    I agree completely. Imagine the GTN with a nice huge population. It's nice to see The Swiftsure may be headed toward becoming one of the epic communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    swiftsure it is. Stay off my damn unofficial server americans. Just cos u like our sexiness dosn't mean we want a massive que from you guys wanting to date our voices.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    swiftsure it is. Stay off my damn unofficial server americans. Just cos u like our sexiness dosn't mean we want a massive que from you guys wanting to date our voices.
    your not helping by flinging poo back at them sir/maam. We can all share the server just fine and live in harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrield View Post
    Lets just make sure no misinformation is spread. NZ>Aussies... The All Blacks proved it in October.

Edit: Oops hit quote not reply.
    Of course All Blacks were better, Everyone knows NZ is better at Handling balls. Ba dum tish.

I want Americans to be on swiftsure aswell. So when i decide to pull all nighters there are always people on. Plus they are so much easier to troll in trade/general, because they give you so much ammunition.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

My "American" guild was placed there. So, meh

10+ Year Old Account
    your not helping by flinging poo back at them sir/maam. We can all share the server just fine and live in harmony.
    Doesn't usually work that way if they all rush to it, makes server ques insane. Guessing you didn't play on blackrock in pre-oceanic days.

I won't be moving off because I don't have a choice, this will be the only server with people playing during my time, americans have the choice of the other 50.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2011-12-13 at 04:02 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't usually work that way if they all rush to it, makes server ques insane. Guessing you didn't play on blackrock in pre-oceanic days.

I won't be moving off because I don't have a choice, this will be the only server with people playing during my time, americans have the choice of the other 50.
    well there is already a very healthy non oceanic pupulation there. and I mean healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Of course All Blacks were better, Everyone knows NZ is better at Handling balls. Ba dum tish.
    I have to admit, that was nicely put!

I'm in Hawaii so I can either be West Coast or Oceanic but I'm going to the unofficial Oceanic one simply due to the fact that the male aussie voice gives me a chubby.

10+ Year Old Account
    well there is already a very healthy non oceanic pupulation there. and I mean healthy.
    You mean with placement of non-oceanic guilds? You speak in present tense, no one is there yet. No one.

Deleted
    So i have just moved to WA from england and looking for a place to get raiding again but ddnt know where to go for a decent server.

Is this "swiftsure" and official or private server?

Quote Originally Posted by azreale View Post
    So i have just moved to WA from england and looking for a place to get raiding again but ddnt know where to go for a decent server.

The Swiftsure is the server with a large amount of Aussie/NZ guilds (a deliberate strategy), it will be one of the unofficial Oceanic Servers until they release this game in Oceania (think of it is as the new Blackrock).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azreale View Post

When they say unofficial they just mean it's not labeled oceanic.
    Not that it's a hacked private server etc.

My guild was placed on Swiftsure and we welcome the Oceanic folks to keep the place running 24/7.

See ya 'round town!