Physical Copy pre-order

I was just wondering if anyone knew what would happen if you pre-ordered a physical copy of the game sure you get the early acces but what if the games comes in the mail on the 23 or later, can you play from the beginning of your early acces up to when you receive your copy of the game or do you get early acces, you cant play on the 20 and have to wait for your physical copy of the game to enter your cd-key ?

Early access ends on the 20th and there is no "grace period" so you will have to wait until you have your retail box CD code.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterSword View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone knew what would happen if you pre-ordered a physical copy of the game sure you get the early acces but what if the games comes in the mail on the 23 or later, can you play from the beginning of your early acces up to when you receive your copy of the game or do you get early acces, you cant play on the 20 and have to wait for your physical copy of the game to enter your cd-key ?
    I guess you can play yes. If you have entered a pre-order code then I'm pretty sure thats your code to play. I could be wrong but I ordered the digital copy an hour or so ago and all I got was the early access code, which I presume, is all I need.

Don't take my word for it, I could be wrong.

thank you hope it wont take too long to come in the mail because of christmas

Deleted
    thank you hope it wont take too long to come in the mail because of christmas
    Well suppliers have there copys already and should be sending them real soon. But after reading another thread, I think if you order a hard copy of the game, you probably gotta enter that code when it comes.

Deleted
    You should get the game before release, Bioware & EA said somewhere that they are working closely with retailers to get all copies out before release.

Quote Originally Posted by ash1ey View Post
    I guess you can play yes. If you have entered a pre-order code then I'm pretty sure thats your code to play. I could be wrong but I ordered the digital copy an hour or so ago and all I got was the early access code, which I presume, is all I need.

Don't take my word for it, I could be wrong.
    i dont think the pre-order code is all you need since you could just pre-order get your code and cancel your pre-order afterwards

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really see why not. It would be awfully silly to include an in-store deal specifically for early access if they can only sell the product on the 20th.

The early access cards you are given does not provide information on how early you can get in though, just says "Pre-oder now to get early game access..." so I think it's safe to assume you'll get in early and will just have to redeem your CD key once you obtain the hard copy on or after the 20th.

That's my guess anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the Official Q&A answer re: physical copies.
    If I pre-order Star Wars: The Old Republic but don’t purchase or obtain the full version of the Game, may I continue to play past the Early Game Access period?

The Game officially launches on December 20th, 2011 at 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET). There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the Game without completing the following required steps for launch:
    1. Fill out your contact information
    2. Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
    3. Redeem a Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)
    4. Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code

You will have the option of completing these steps during the Early Game Access period so that you are ready to play upon the Game’s official launch.
    i dont think the pre-order code is all you need since you could just pre-order get your code and cancel your pre-order afterwards
    Note The bolded part.

@ OP: If you fail to get your physical copy of the game before the 20th you will not be able to play until you get it and enter the Code.

if u ordered from amazon i think you should cancel and buy a cd key from cjscdkeys if you want to keep playing on the 20th that way you don't have to wait for your game to come in the mail