Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Pre-order Charge

I got charged $5.45 for the "pre-order fee" i guess. Is the rest going to be charged on the 20th?

And one more question.. I try to log in and it says my account has no "active subscription". Does the pre-order come with 30 days or do I need to add those days
    Thanks.
    Auburn Tigers 2010 National Champions

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you pre-order Star Wars: The Old Republic from Origin.com, you agree to the automatic purchase of your selected edition of the Game when it launches. When you pre-order the Game you will be charged an advance payment for the pre-order (cost varies by country and edition). This is the standard pre-order cost. When Star Wars: The Old Republic launches, your credit card will be charged for the full retail cost amount of your chosen edition, minus the initial pre-order advance payment. You will also be required to sign up for a subscription to Star Wars: The Old Republic, however you will not be billed during your first 30 days of gameplay, as that is included in the retail cost of the Game.
    That about sums it up from their FAQ.

yes, you will be charged for the rest on the 20th.
    Yes, the game comes with a free month. Right now the game isn't up and running. early access is free and requires no subscription. On the 20th, if you pre-ordered through origin, your code will come via e-mail. If you pre-ordered via retailer, you will have to wait to get your physical copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering if this happened to anyone else but Origin billed me the 64.04 USD for the game when I pre-ordered and then about half an hour ago just billed me again for 57.80 USD and I don't know what the hell is going on but I'm kinda freaking out right now because that more or less emptied my checking account. :/

Weird, I would contact BioWare customer support. Or call your credit card company and do a charge-back on the unauthorized charges

10+ Year Old Account
    Just contact Origine customer support, Drashar.

i did think it was kinda ridiculous that they charge you to preorder. the bonuses are supposed to come free as a thank you for preordering... i have never seen a company make you pay to have your preorder "bonuses".

i payed 25 to preorder CE
    ♥Ⓐ♥Ⓦ♥Ⓔ♥Ⓢ♥Ⓞ♥Ⓜ♥Ⓔ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've been trying to get through to customer support since about 9 PM EST but no luck. Guess I'll try again in the morning. Only thing I can think of is that the first 64.04 was to make sure I had the funds in my account to purchase it and it will revert to 5.45 or whatever it should be once the charge gets posted so I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow before I get my debit card all screwed up. Just kinda bothered me that it happened though.