Thread: Cancellation

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by iancurtis_draenor View Post
    Received my digital pre order confirmation, registed with code on site and payed 6 momths... ooooohhhhhh so much fun!!
    You got an order cancel email and still got your key?

Deleted
    It's possible Origin have overestimated the number of copys they have for preorder.

Kilitos, that truly sucks. If it wasn't Bioware making it, I doubt I'd be playing TOR. I don't trust EA. I think the corporate group that runs EA is as bad as Activision. They just hide it better.

As others have said, yet another good reason not to order from Origin itself. I decided to go with "pick it up from my local best buy" because I figured that was the best way to avoid problems with shipping, etc.

I can understand why a deployed serviceman/woman would order digitally, so that you get it on day and date of release, as opposed to having to figure out who to ship it to, etc.

Offtopic: Stay safe wherever it is that you're currently deployed.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWolf View Post
    It's possible Origin have overestimated the number of copys they have for preorder.
    So they only cancel DIGITAL preorders?

Quote Originally Posted by Octavo View Post
    My wife and I both received emails from Origin this morning stating our orders have been cancelled.

On contacting EA support they claim this is because of incomplete information. We filled in all the required fields when we placed the order, so what information is missing? They suggest we re-place our orders, except how is that going to help when it will probably be cancelled again? And now we risk losing our early game access - the whole point of pre-ordering.

Why didn't they just email us to ask us about whatever information is incomplete instead of just cancelling the order.

My wife and I are both really upset and angry with EA about this. My wife pre-ordered for me as part of my birthday gift (on Saturday). We are trying our best to get EA to re-activate the order.

This is flat-out a strategy by them to limit the number of people, its kind of an advanced test of there first live patch. (I have nothing against TOR, it is just the truth)

I bought a copy off amazon and I can't seem to redeem the code. Every time I put it in it punches me back to the main website. Have any of you who had orders cancelled been able to redeem yours?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I bought a copy off amazon and I can't seem to redeem the code. Every time I put it in it punches me back to the main website. Have any of you who had orders cancelled been able to redeem yours?
    I have a boxed copy and I had the same problem before, but I just reconned it was due to server overload. It lightened up at around 16:00 (CET) and I could then enter all the necesary codes and activate my account.