Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Isle of Conquest

Someone explain to me why this terrible battleground exists? Why hasn't it been removed? I dont think Ive met a single person who enjoys this battleground. Please help me to understand why it is still here. Yes Im mad.

Isle of Conquest was the greatest battleground ever made, until the teams just starting ignoring each other and turned it into Alterac-race 2.0.

Deleted
    It's not a "bad" battleground by design, there's just too many options to avoid pvp in it. What would i do to make it "better" in my honest opinion? I'd remove every single option to destroy the gates except workshop. Yes, only one flag, 1 option to destroy the gates, the Demo's. Want that gate down? Well go fight for the only resource to get them down. PvP would ensue, i rest my case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a real balanced BG, it is great. What make it bad is that the vast majority of wow players are too young to grasp the concept of tactic.
    Hard for 3-4 stealthers to deal with the glaives?
    Hard to prio interupting flag if gates are breached?
    Hard to use the map function and see where you are needed?
    The ansewer to those three questions as well as others are, YES, simply cos players are so freaking bad.

The game is so easy to play so it shoots itself in the foot when adding 40vs40 bg's cos average playerskill does not support teamplay.
    The BG is excellent - players are not.

Deleted
    It's not really that bad . If we had more reasons to actually fight someone then it would be pretty nice

Deleted
    Well this bg isnt bad at all.
    The worst part is the spam about X node wich the most if people ignoring (please spam filter addon).
    Its all about tactic, tunnel vision players will hate it forever. Sad but true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its cack and i hate it.

Its the worst bg ever alive, in fact its kinda funny how when i queue for random battlegrounds, its isle of conquest GUARENTEED, 1/10000 chance to be NOT isle of conquest im getting kinda pissed, AT LEAST GET AV seriously SOMETHING GET SOMETHING THAT IS NOT ISLE OF CONQUEST (and no i will not learn to like it because it the same old strat over and over and funny thing is that horde wins 10% of the time while alliance wins most of the time).

Deleted
    I had a winning IoC a little while back, horde really played it well. Had 3 HK's at the end. As far as I'm concerned, this is not PvP. I completely agree with the OP, it is by far the worst BG.

IoC is bad because it blatantly favors one side over the other requiring a much more complicated strategy for horde to counter the "lol glaives!" the alliance requires.

unbalanced bgs like this are shitty design. AV shares many of the same problems.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    I like it's layout... And that's all I like about it.

Remove the ability to destroy the gates.

Have the gates destroyed automatically once one team gathers enough resources.

Have two gunship nodes, and have it so you can jump from one to the other if opposing factions hold them.

Have only catapults spawn at docks and workshop. Allow people to jump over the wall, and capping the enemy team's flag halts all resource gathering until its retaken.

Have the keep gates close once the boss is aggroed, stopping people from pulling and then running out - if you're in, you can't get out until either you or the boss is dead.

-----------------------------

Those things would make it a battleground worth playing. You'd think actually have PvP over nodes, small teams jumping the walls to halt resource gathering, and then a mad rush once one of the gates is destroyed with the other team harassing attempts to reinforce and organise while they try and catch up on resources and mount an attack of their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont hate IOC i love IOC, i hate how people play IOC

15+ Year Old Account
    STEP UP!!!

Say things in chat, it works. Every AV i COMMAND my team to defend galv and towers, and every AV me and 10-15 players recap towers from a 35-40 player rush. Earlier today we even killed every single alliance south of the field of strife. And defending is awesome, 40-50 HKs per game. Upto 100 in good games.

Just make orders, and players will do what you say.
    /bg is effective
    /y is better
    /s is best
    The more personal the message, the easier you will get people to do what you tell them.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 02:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shamanmanwowz View Post
    It's not really that bad . If we had more reasons to actually fight someone then it would be pretty nice
    How does ''Fun factor'' sound? I love smashing alliance skulls
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted
    i don't like it too much, because is more pve than pvp, but i admit than is very fun... when your team attack the same wall

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Because when it comes to pvp, Blizzard is just plain lazy regarding it's content.

I like IOC. It all depends on who you play with

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    STEP UP!!!

Say things in chat, it works.
    at best you will be ignored, at worst told to stfu noob.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Isle of Conquest was the greatest battleground ever made, until the teams just starting ignoring each other and turned it into Alterac-race 2.0.
    this is true. it was fun for like 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Greatest?? Meh. I do agree 100% on you with it turning into Alterca 2.0. Its a pve encounter not pvp. Most just want to quick cap say dock get launched into keep then sit there and hope enough come finally to kill boss. While the other team is probably capping resource bases and siege workshops. To me any bg with siege vehicles in it is a joke. So SoTA to me is worse.