New Holy Paladin - Question

Hey guys,

So, I just hit 85 yesterday, and now I'm working on gearing up to help my guild with raids. My biggest question is that I've seen a lot of you guys talking about how much spirit/regen you like. I know the number that I see most often is between 2-3k, but are we talking about 2-3k spirit or 2-3k combat regen? Self buffed, my combat regen (with JotP) is over 3k.

Here is my armory:

https://us.battle.net/wow/en/charact...aymie/advanced

(Still can't post links...) I know that I still need a lot of enchants, but keep in mind I got all of this gear in about 24 hours and haven't been able to afford enchants yet.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2011-12-13 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Fixed your link

Deleted
    You can't really have too much spirit. Try to have spirit on every piece of gear, except perhaps 1 trinket. I don't think gemming spirit is worth it though.

Deleted
    Ive hit a happy medium with my combat regen. im sitting on around 3k unbuffed and thats after reforging out alot of my spirit but seen as all holy pally gear comes with spirit you shouldnt have to worry too much about stacking it. It will just come as you get more gear. i like having my holy light to atleast 2.1 sec cast time if not more so try and reach that first and the extra spirit will just come naturally. unless you wanna stack mastery which has become a very viable stat now with 4.3 (honestly didnt really see the value of taking it over haste in FL) but it is becoming a very nice healing boost for me

Quote Originally Posted by Grafam View Post
    I know the number that I see most often is between 2-3k, but are we talking about 2-3k spirit or 2-3k combat regen?
    I'm not sure where you got this 2-3k number. The answer to how much Spirit we want is infinity. There is no cap to hit.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    For raids you can never have enough mana/spirit due to high cost spells as divine light and holy radiance which depending on difficulty almost always are justified casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    I'm not sure where you got this 2-3k number. The answer to how much Spirit we want is infinity. There is no cap to hit.
    I'm one of those forum lurkers, and when I've read posts I see a lot of pallies saying that they "feel comfortable" with that amount. It's purely what I've seen from other posters.

And thank you guys! As I gear/enchant/gem up, I might be back for more technical questions.

Deleted
    I feel comfortable with 2.7k spirit ub.
    It's nice to have but int is still our best stat.

I've never understood the "feel comfortable" comments. If you're ending a significant number of fights without wishing you had more mana then there are tons of things you should do before you stop stacking Spirit. Here's just a few.

Cast bigger spells.
    Cast more spells.
    Drop a healer.
    Push harder content.

That's just my opinion though. I've seen a couple good Pallies say they're comfortable with their Spirit levels. But I think that most people who say that they "have enough" Spirit are probably not pushing their abilities to their limits and are overhealer-ing or outgearing the fights they're in.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-12-14 at 03:11 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    I know the number that I see most often is between 2-3k, but are we talking about 2-3k spirit or 2-3k combat regen? Self buffed, my combat regen (with JotP) is over 3k.
    You can never have enough spirit. My current combat regen is 4672 and even then as I gain more gear that number will be going up and up relative to my gear level. As Firecrest above has said, if you are ending a progression boss on so much mana you are confortable with your mana regen then there is more you could have done.
    Never use too many healers for the fight (4 healers for Morchok HC I have seen some people use O.o) and always try and push more.

Its impossible to have to much spirit. More spirit = more Divine Lights

Mana regen is more important for different fights in DS, so I'd recommend having multiple trinkets with different purposes. You'll want int trinkets with haste procs for throughput (or on use's) and spirit trinkets or trinkets that proc spirit for mana regen. In my regen gear setup, i have 5k mp5 in combat and about 4k mp5 in my throughput setup.

Also, never gem for straigh spirit. Intellect is always preferred over spirit for gemming and enchants.