Deleted

Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps

I have the Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps from Raid Finder and I had a few questions,

What is the proc rate? Some fights I get 3-4 out and some I struggle to get 1, is this affected by crit?
    Is the damage they deal affected by our attack power?

That's really it.

Answer(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The proc rate is 2%. It's affected by everything that you'd expect it to be affected by, except strength/attack power. Haste, crit, buffs (damage percentage increases), debuffs, auras, totems.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenhawkin View Post
    After receiving the Normal 403ilvl Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps and doing some runs on the dummy. The Tentacles of The Old Ones tick for 11.7k to 18.1k with Kings. However with debuffs such as Curse of the Elements as well as Shadow and Flame the ticks hit for 17.2k to 22.4k. Also during later testing the sword spawned 2 Tentacles at the same time.

Not sure if the Tentacle inherits such things as BL/Hero as well as Mind Quickening and Arcane Brilliance.
    Thanks alot
    Last edited by mmoc2b11b736c1; 2011-12-13 at 01:17 PM.

The proc rate is 2%. It's affected by everything that you'd expect it to be affected by, except strength/attack power. Haste, crit, buffs (damage percentage increases), debuffs, auras, totems.

Deleted
    Thanks Reith

After receiving the Normal 403ilvl Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps and doing some runs on the dummy. The Tentacles of The Old Ones tick for 11.7k to 18.1k with Kings. However with debuffs such as Curse of the Elements as well as Shadow and Flame the ticks hit for 17.2k to 22.4k. Also during later testing the sword spawned 2 Tentacles at the same time.

Not sure if the Tentacle inherits such things as BL/Hero as well as Mind Quickening and Arcane Brilliance.

Deleted
    whn you have 2 tentacles up at the same time do their debufs overwrite each other? or can they both go full out without clipping each other

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    whn you have 2 tentacles up at the same time do their debufs overwrite each other? or can they both go full out without clipping each other
    I think they're like the Shadow Priest's Mind Flay, seperate debuffs for each Shadow Priest

During the test when 2 Tentacles spawn at the same time there was 15hits 3 crits for a total of 9 each. During that run for 10sec together they did 255.1k damage. So on average they were ticking for 12755 damage per second each.

All of these runs were perform with just auto attacks. I'm not sure at the moment if Avenging Wrath or GotAK is going to have a huge impact on the damage of these tentacles.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    I think they're like the Shadow Priest's Mind Flay, seperate debuffs for each Shadow Priest
    This. They don't clip each other - each proc does its damage separately.

The LFR one did 5600 edps for me on Ultraxion. It varied heavily from fight to fight, but it's an absurdly good weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliers View Post
    This. They don't clip each other - each proc does its damage separately.

The LFR one did 5600 edps for me on Ultraxion. It varied heavily from fight to fight, but it's an absurdly good weapon.
    Sure is so glad I got it lol

Seems like his name is made out of 3 words of power!
    Gur
    Tha
    Lak