Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Dreadlord Nosonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    What blows my mind is how they had, what, 3 months of PTR'ing and allowed that system to go live.

    Like 7 years arent enough to learn from mistakes.
    Thats cause the PTR is filled with kids making pre-mades... people who are seeing if they want to come back, and elite raiders who need to learn the strats so they can get world firsts...

    The PTR does not have testers on it, and it is up to blizz to monitor the PTR and fix their own bugs because this community is so messed up .

  2. #22
    Great news if true...


    But do we actually have any proof that this is implemented / rolling out yet?

  3. #23
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    As the great Napoleon Bonaparte once said, "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence".
    That Napoleon sure was a smart fellow.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

  4. #24
    Warchief tacoloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That would however mean people needing on many tokens, and then winning 2 and not being able to trade...so no.
    Yep, I agree. Rolling need on two of the same tokens is pretty common, since it betters your chance of winning one. I did that last week, won both and gave the 2nd one to another player in the raid.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 12:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    The PTR does not have testers on it, and it is up to blizz to monitor the PTR and fix their own bugs because this community is so messed up .
    Blizzard does monitor the PTR and they do, in fact fix their own bugs. The problem is that not all bugs are found and reported and even if a particular bug was found, it may not get fixed right away because there are other higher priority bugs to be fixed first.

    And no, it's not anywhere near possible for Blizzard to fully test WoW on their own without hiring a lot more SQA people and even then, all the bugs won't be found or fixed.

    But the game is 7 years old if you have been playing for 7 years (or any other mmo like EQ lets say) You think things might get old. You think that things would be the same over those 7 years? If so you're nuts, evolve or die doesn't just apply to biology.

    -- Rainspeaker

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That would however mean people needing on many tokens, and then winning 2 and not being able to trade...so no.
    Since they are fixing the agi and strength rolls, hopefully they will take the opportunity to also fix the issue with people getting roll bonus twice for identical items.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    That would however mean people needing on many tokens, and then winning 2 and not being able to trade...so no.
    Well that needs to be changed too. I just got out of a LFR where someone won both tokens, laughed, and left the raid. Most people won't even trade

  7. #27
    Well when you say "fixed this bug" it's really not a bug at all... its a limitation. From everything they've said the current loot implementation doesn't allow them to assign eligibility at the granularity people, including Blizzard, would like. At that point you really have to debate, release LFR with the current system or put it on hold until you can overhaul the loot flagging sub-system. Frankly, even with the problems, people seem to be generally having a good time... so I say "Blizz made the right call."

  8. #28
    Epic! I stand in fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by haha121ad View Post
    chinese servers has been changed already ,US and eu will changed later
    for eaxampe

    agility Polearms only roll by durid and hunter
    strength items only roll by pladin dk and warrior
    pics or it didn't happen. Seriously, show us something rather than your word.

    Otherwise it's baseless roomer that we all should ignore.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

  9. #29
    I would certainly hope this extends to trinkets as well.
    You know that pandas eat bamboo, there. They love the bamboo. You get, eh, you get a panda? And you got a bamboo in your backyard? It'll ruin it. Right? You got bamboo furniture? Well, uh, well, pandas go nuts.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Since they are fixing the agi and strength rolls, hopefully they will take the opportunity to also fix the issue with people getting roll bonus twice for identical items.
    I think, what would be better, is if they put in a system that identifies that 2 of the same token dropped...and performs 1 roll and assigns to the top 2 rolls.
    Many people don't roll NEED twice because they're are being greedy...it's because, and this happened to me, they roll on the 1st one and are awaiting the outcome of the first roll before deciding to roll on the 2nd. What winds up happening is...somebody almost always doesnt roll...thus pushes the timeout to a point you don't want to risk losing your roll.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,884
    Just did LFR today and was this restriction here before?


  12. #32
    The item or the class restrictions?

  13. #33
    Mechagnome Ignorance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    667
    Now hopefully I can get some Agi loot before all the strength oriented classes steal them :P

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,884
    OP is right, im looking through the Dungeon Journal and some of the items of a class restriction on them.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Whispers of Death View Post
    All items should be "This increases your most important stat by X amount" lol
    Always thought this was one interesting concept, when I saw it applied to food buff. BUT my guess is that the present item system doesn't allow it to be written to gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Just did LFR today and was this restriction here before?

    NICE! We are back to the time they openly admitted they knew people are CRAZY to exploit the system and they don't like or allow it.
    Free exploits were a huge DOWN of Cata.
    Last edited by Buu; 2011-12-13 at 05:59 PM.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Thats cause the PTR is filled with kids making pre-mades... people who are seeing if they want to come back, and elite raiders who need to learn the strats so they can get world firsts...

    The PTR does not have testers on it, and it is up to blizz to monitor the PTR and fix their own bugs because this community is so messed up .
    I am betting, in the several hundred LFRgroups ran during PTR, that someone told Blizz this was a problem. Some DK lost a Str Polearm to a Hunter and also said "WTF is this?!?!" Then reported it. My guess is one of two things (or both).

    Blizzard did not think this would be an issue and (wrongfully) assumed that players would have a good idea on what gear they "needed" rather than pressing a need button if it ever showed up.

    Second (and more likely) they realized this was a problem and they did not know how to fix it with a release pending and a lot of work to "fix" this issue. Either way they rolled with the patch in order to make deadlines and keep SWTOR at bay for the time being.

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,884
    Last edited by Ave07; 2011-12-13 at 06:52 PM.

  18. #38
    Sweet justice. THANK YOU BLIZZ for being quick to change this (although it should have been this way before live). Now my hunter won't have to spend the entire raid worrying if a rogue or warrior is going to ninja need and win the bow


    edit- WAIT. I just looked through the dungeon journal loot tables and there's NO class restriction on the bow, yet other items have class restriction. Hmm rogues need thrown for FoK and warriors never use bow.. so WHY doesn't the bow have a hunter only restriction on it. Wow another bad oversight.. thanks
    Last edited by pandaxpress1; 2011-12-13 at 07:24 PM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Its the mistake of the PTR tester that they dont mention these fails...and thats the PTRs for!
    I was on the PTR and reported it more then 10 times and they said they were aware of the issue and thanked me for pointing it out. They just didn't care enough to fix it.

  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaxpress1 View Post
    Sweet justice. THANK YOU BLIZZ for being quick to change this (although it should have been this way before live). Now my hunter won't have to spend the entire raid worrying if a rogue or warrior is going to ninja need and win the bow


    edit- WAIT. I just looked through the dungeon journal loot tables and there's NO class restriction on the bow, yet other items have class restriction. Hmm rogues need thrown for FoK and warriors never use bow.. so WHY doesn't the bow have a hunter only restriction on it. Wow another bad oversight.. thanks
    Some arnt showing but, if you look at the post I linked above it shows that "Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth" is classified for hunters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •