What’s next for The Old Republic

The following below was taken off their website. I understand they are being staggered by all the people who want to take place in this "EPIC MMO" but this game should be taken like a drug (with moderation) while other's wait for our game early access launch date. In the meanwhile we can talk about what "information" we actually know.

1. PVP holy smokes. They have an entire devoted team JUST FOR pvp. I'm curious to why the obvious never happened to hit the earlier MMO's..this is wonderfull new's for people who focus on the PVP part of the game. It ensures their entire job 24/7 is PVP and when you have an entire team "focused on that one goal" you create content quicker, you deal with the familiar same people. Instead of all the dev's trying to work on it at once.

2. UI customization- While no official word has been spoken. On the future of "recount" threat meters" and "1000 plus other mod's" we do know NOW THAT UI customization will be allowed. For all the people who love to nitpix over their screen. Honestly I couldn't care less.

The rest are listed below. I don't know I need to detail each point out to tell you why it's mind blowing. Indeed this is a great day since 2008. Bioware has now launched into battle in a fight to save gamer's from being bored. Being peace/darkness to our galaxay and blowing out all out expections and coming out with something superior. To say today is a great day...is an understatement.

Welcome to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. It’s been many years in the making and the team is very proud of what we’ve achieved. Since we’re an online game we are going to continue building on the game for years to come. You can count on us to diligently expand the game and service to surprise and delight you. We’re going to not only respond to your feedback, but also hopefully exceed your expectations on how Star Wars: The Old Republic will evolve over time.

Many of you helped make the game what it is today by participating in our testing programs. You’ve watched the game grow over the past year and have been very vocal about things you’d like to see in the game in the future.

A team is never finished building a massively multiplayer game, so we’d like to take this opportunity to reveal a little information on what the team is working on for patches coming in the near future. Our priorities have been, and will continue to be, based off of the feedback we receive from our players.

New Content – We will be adding new content to the galaxy on an ongoing basis. These worlds will include Operations, Flashpoints and solo content.
    Guild Functionality – Guilds are important to the long term health of any MMORPG. We have a huge list of guild centric features. This will be an ongoing effort that will probably never end. Guild banks are the first thing we’ll be delivering in our plans for increased guild functionality. Eventually we even want to deliver on the promise of the long hinted at “Guild Capital Ships”.

UI customization – You like choice. We hear you! SWTOR is all about choice. Being able to choose how you interact with an online game is something we feel is very important. We are going to be giving more control over the UI as an ongoing effort. This is a very big priority for us.

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.

Space Combat – We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way... for now the details will have to remain under wraps.

Legacy System – The ability to select a surname for your character is just the start of something much bigger. Soon, the Legacy experience and levels you earn will grant your characters access to powers, objects and other cool benefits.

And more – We have an entire team of developers working on future content. Right now we are focused on nothing else but Star Wars: The Old Republic, so expect new and cool things.

It is fair to say that we’re just as excited as you are about the launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Not only are we launching one of the largest and most impressive games ever created, but we’re also excited about the prospect of continuing to work on the game so that you, the fans, will always have something heroic and amazing to enjoy. Thanks for playing.

James Ohlen
    Game Director

End quote

Here is the link you couldnt be bothered to post.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=274

All the people that piss and moaned about the UI , talk about impatient. At least let the game be released before you start bitching about things.(directed at all the whiney dicks from beta)

10+ Year Old Account
    jeez im excited even tho i know i wont get early access no sooner than Saturday im still clinging to my computer screen absorbing any and all info i can get from the people playing already

Deleted
    They know about the problems with the UI. That's the most important thing

And really looking forward to OPvP in Illum. Hope there you can cruise around like in DAoC ^^

Deleted
    1. PVP holy smokes. They have an entire devoted team JUST FOR pvp. I'm curious to why the obvious never happened to hit the earlier MMO's..this is wonderfull new's for people who focus on the PVP part of the game. It ensures their entire job 24/7 is PVP and when you have an entire team "focused on that one goal" you create content quicker, you deal with the familiar same people. Instead of all the dev's trying to work on it at once.
    I did not know this, being a big fan of world pvp/pvp, good sir i thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its the guys from WAR working on the PVP, yes? Some would say that they have some of the best vision in the biz as far as PVP goes... I wouldn't disagree completely with that. I am very very excited for more PVP as thats been becoming more interesting to me in MMOs these days. While I still raid in WoW I have been shifting more focus towards PVP. I love how dynamic PVP is in that you can't always predict what the other person is going to do. Sure you can know the other class in and out and make a great guess but still more dynamic then a scripted fight. Go Go more SWTOR PVP!

I look forward to what they come up with next. They have a very good foundation for the launch in my opinion and I think it can only get better from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably "The Not So Old Republic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pardon me while I just sit in my chair and smile. This makes me a very happy gamer.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Guild Functionality – Guilds are important to the long term health of any MMORPG. We have a huge list of guild centric features. This will be an ongoing effort that will probably never end. Guild banks are the first thing we’ll be delivering in our plans for increased guild functionality. Eventually we even want to deliver on the promise of the long hinted at “Guild Capital Ships”.

UI customization – You like choice. We hear you! SWTOR is all about choice. Being able to choose how you interact with an online game is something we feel is very important. We are going to be giving more control over the UI as an ongoing effort. This is a very big priority for us.
    Good to see they have their heads on straight.

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.
    Well, "content and features" aren't what makes a great PvP game, but I'm glad they're on it and I'm definitely looking forward to reaching Ilum. Let's go with guarded optimism.

Space Combat – We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way... for now the details will have to remain under wraps.
    For some reason this makes me really, really, REALLY EXCITED!!!!!!1111