Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Servers Capacity

Right so its the 2nd wave - there is already 3 servers full, multiple on high and the majority of the rest on medium. How is this even going to work with the guild-pre-launch-program? I have guildies ingame yet I wont get in for another day minimum - as we've selected a server (not the one we got assigned to the BW allowing complete foreign communities to decide to take over an "English" realm) I can see it being full and having to queue when I want to play.

Possibly the worst system for pre-launch I've seen, considering the servers hold around 10k players max, there will be a lot of unhappy people within the next few days.

Why didn't BW assign the "other" guilds - i.e. Russian/Spanish/Italian/Greek/Czech/Polish etc to "other" and leave the "English" realms for english/uk based guilds.

This is looking like a complete pharse of an early-access they shouldn't of done it in conjunction of the guild launch system, I really feel for the 50+ guilds with some people getting in today, and their server being full by the time anyone who didn't pre-order getting in.

Queues at the start are a worth-while nuisance in the long run. It'll still be a populated server after the initial buzz dies down and people stop playing. Play on a low pop server with no queue times now and 2-3 months down the line, you'll be cursing that your server is empty.

Just be patient imo, you may be anxious to play asap, but you'll get on eventually.
    2981-6619-3396

They mark servers as full well below the actual population cap and more than likely they marked them full early if a registered guild showed up on that server. I wouldn't worry too much until you know for sure that you won't be able to get onto your guilds server.

Deleted
    I only hope they can add more phases per planet and thats why they are showing higher capacity than reality currently.

There are going to be full servers and queues during prime time for at least the next few weeks. No way around it

Well, not to mention they most likely balanced pre-launch guilds around server pop and by switching servers I'm pretty sure a lot of guilds will end up overcrowding some of the servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop over-reacting and looking for problems where there aren't any.

Deleted
    Good to see that when they said each server can hold 100k players they wasn't talking bullshit...ho wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerendfs View Post
    There are going to be full servers and queues during prime time for at least the next few weeks. No way around it
    Yes but they've let in 2 days worth of pre-order players and 3 servers are full and the rest are filling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Yes but they've let in 2 days worth of pre-order players and 3 servers are full and the rest are filling up.
    HOWEVER: The amount of preorders in the first week it was available is approximately the same amount that has been preordered from after that until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    People need to stop panicking about server capacity, we only know that 900k physical copies have been ordered in the US alone, now digital downloads tend to out number physical copies and we don't know how EU orders factor in. For all we know wave 1 and 2 could have been absolutely massive :P

Well in his defense it is actually kinda...worrisome, as someone in another thread here had posted a chart comparing preorders by dates, and it was like only 20k of the 900k represented were on the first day, and IF that's true, considering they only have first day pre-orders active with 3 full servers and 1 high, and many medium servers, it does cause some concern that they may not be able to hold up, and that's not including the people to come who did not pre-order hitting like a major wave on the 20th too.

Not to say the sky is falling of course, but there is at least some logic to being concerned....
    Last edited by isda187; 2011-12-13 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Bolded IF, and changed 30k to 20k, as I found that chart, but am not allowed to post links yet, or I would.

Deleted
    Well in his defense it is actually kinda...worrisome, as someone in another thread here had posted a chart comparing preorders by dates, and it was like only 30k of the 900k represented were on the first day, and IF that's true, considering they only have first day pre-orders active with 3 full servers and 1 high, and many medium servers, it does cause some concern that they may not be able to hold up, and that's not including the people to come who did not pre-order hitting like a major wave on the 20th too.
    Thats a good point but this is where digital orders factor in from the US and EU, We don't know what the thresholds are for these servers so we are all in the dark

I guess we can't speculate on the server pops with out knowing the size of the waves, which we can only guess at.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    They have posted in the official thread that the server list was NOT final and they would be bringing more online as the invites progressed. As to them filling up I would have to go with the theory that as members from guilds with x number of members start to populate the server they automatically apply the full number of members in that guild that where in the pre launch program against the server pop maximum.

Then again they could be artificially lowering maximums until they seed the appropriate number of servers they want to, to avoid server switching and over population then slowly open up server pop maximums as they early access and invites roll out..

This is all just speculation of course we will know soon enough. However Im sure they have it handled and we just need to relax and get bent out of shape only if its a issue after early access.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Good to see that when they said each server can hold 100k players they wasn't talking bullshit...ho wait.
    I have never seen any confirmation whatsoever from Bioware/EA that the servers could hold that much. Did you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMaekel View Post
    I have never seen any confirmation whatsoever from Bioware/EA that the servers could hold that much. Did you?
    '

Yeah I did, there was even a thread made for it here on mmo champ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isda187 View Post
    Well in his defense it is actually kinda...worrisome, as someone in another thread here had posted a chart comparing preorders by dates, and it was like only 20k of the 900k represented were on the first day, and IF that's true, considering they only have first day pre-orders active with 3 full servers and 1 high, and many medium servers, it does cause some concern that they may not be able to hold up, and that's not including the people to come who did not pre-order hitting like a major wave on the 20th too.

Not to say the sky is falling of course, but there is at least some logic to being concerned....
    can you post the link for the chart please?

I think you may be overreacting here as you do not have all the information that BioWare does. How big of a cap is there on server population? How many people were in each wave? How many people are getting in today? The list goes on and on.

All you can do is guess with the information you do have, so my advice is to sit back, relax and wait and watch. If servers start capping out right and left then you can run around like Chicken Little screaming that the sky is falling.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This must be your first time joining a new MMO game, yes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isda187 View Post

Hmm you must've missed the numbers during the stress test.