EPGP Setup assistance

Hey All,

I'm a Raid Leader of a 10-man guild who is attempting to start using the EPGP loot system. After looking at afew different loot system options to switch to most of our guild likes the way this one works.

I've been trying to get everything set up and get familiar with the EPGP (DKP Reloaded) and EPGP Lootmaster addons and I feel comfortable using it for our next raid night but I'm very confused about what would be a good place to set values to start. I know that I'd like to use the default GP values from the mod, they seem fine and I don't have any issues with that. My biggest questions are what to set min EP to, how much to award for extra things like donating to the guild bank, being prepared, etc, and making sure that the values make sense.

Anyone who uses EPGP have any suggestions or recommendations on how to start it up?

I haven't used dkp for eons now but I'll share some things I learned back in the days of 40man raiding.

Find the weak spots:
    - What is missing the most in your raid ? Is it attendance on progress-days? Is it guild/item/flask/etc. contribution? Is it general raid preparation? Is it performance within the raid?

Value the good contributors:
    Example: If the attendance on raid progress-days is low (which could happen on days with already 100+ tries made on Cthun and a pool of only 50 people) - ad dkp for each bosstry (above 4 minutes fight duratin / 50% Boss health or whatever restriction you find suitable). The normal value we found suitable was a bosskill per try! Yes sounds ridiculously high but there were "Oh it's bosskillday let's login" guys that needed punishment ... Adjust as needed.

If your Guild bank suffers heavy flask losses, value contribution in that area. We found it adequate to dish out up to 3 "bosskills" worth of dkp per week and flask contribution (meaning: 1 bosskill-dkp per cauldron, up to 3 times).

Again these values worked back then when support for 40 people was needed. Now you have to support only 10 guys and bosstries can easily go in the 20ies on one day....

good ol' days

Thanks, though I feel pretty good about knowing what to give EP for and what should get more I'm more concerned with making sure the values are in line with both the mod and other settings.

For instance: If most items are worth about 750 with tier pieces at 1000 and trinkets at 1250(?) then would it be good to earn about enough to get one piece per night? More than that? Would 2-300 DKP per hour seem about right? Too low? Too high?

Also since we haven't started using it yet I've been tweaking it and have set all the raiders to a certain amount of EP with no GP, is this the best way to start? I feel like once it's going it'll be fine, just finding values and the ways to set it up that we need to get passed.